Citi Field Preview

driz14

Hey guys,

I was messing around with Citi Field today. Here are some changes:

Added:

-New LED Scoreboard (Stationary to David Wright and RedSox for now)

-Changed the yellow foul poles to orange

-Added new Geico, Caesars Atlantic City, Sharp Aquos, Budweiser(Replaced 2k Sports under center field LED) and Hospital for Special Surgery ads

-Added Mets logo on the wall. Replaced the State Farm.

The problem here is the Pepsi Cola LED Sign in right field. The color is linked to the State Farm add on top of the scoreboard in center field. Refer to the picture below. If you change the State Farm ad to blue, the Pepsi sign turns from red to blue. Whatever color, or if you replace the State Farm ad it will determine the color of the Pepsi LED sign. Once I figure out how to replace that State farm ad and keep the red color to the Pepsi LED, Citi field can be released!! Or if no one minds having that ugly State Farm ad up there. Just let me know!

met2.jpg

mets1.jpg

mlb2k92009-03-1023-07-49-45.jpg

(Thanks for the links Zach)

Driz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciate the link Zach. The ads weren't going to be final and I am planning on changing them once everything is revealed. Although we still have a good month to go for that. I'll keep a lookout for any more updates for the stadium. I just wanted to get rid of the Pepsi stuff for now. Thats the only reason why I based it off the concept work.

Have not seen the texture for the 6 flag poles so far. I don't think they are removable just yet though. Will see what I can do :)

I was kind of suprised, HaloFan. I thought for sure the Pepsi LED would have its own texture.

Fixed some of the ads.

-Switched the Hospital for Special Surgery and the Sharp Aquos ad to its appropriate spot on the board.

-Added the Izod ad in right field scoreboard. Replaced the MLB network ad.

-Added an SNY ad in the right field scoreboard. Replaced the red majestic ad.

-Added 2 subway signs, Mohegan Sun, Sprint, Comcast, and Ford logo behind homeplate.

More to come!! Still trying to fix that State Farm ad from changing the Pepsi Cola LED. As well as replacing the huge 2k sign. Hopefully more ads from Citi Field will appear in the next few days.

mlb2k92009-03-1113-33-37-45.jpg

Have not seen the texture for the 6 flag poles so far. I don't think they are removable just yet though. Will see what I can do :)

I was kind of suprised, HaloFan. I thought for sure the Pepsi LED would have its own texture.

My guess is the pepsi texture is in the .cdf file for the stadium. I'm guessing that file has the 3D models for stuff like the pepsi sign, probably the Citi Field logo, and anything else that can't be found in the .iff files. Stuff like that in the stadiums must all be 3D models, as opposed to being just images with transparancy.

nice work so far, the only thing that is kind of bothering me, is the scoreboard in right. It's great that you made it a board instead of an ad, but i personally think it would be kind of annoying having the same player stats etc up there the whole game. if you could use a 3d type image like they use when there's nothing to put on the screen that would be great. Does anyone else agree or have any ideas? Here's something like what I was thinking:

Mets.jpg?t=1236967010

nice work so far, the only thing that is kind of bothering me, is the scoreboard in right. It's great that you made it a board instead of an ad, but i personally think it would be kind of annoying having the same player stats etc up there the whole game. if you could use a 3d type image like they use when there's nothing to put on the screen that would be great. Does anyone else agree or have any ideas? Here's something like what I was thinking

I only put that scoreboard up to replace the current texture of the pepsi ad. I plan on changing it once I find a good graphic to put up there :) I am already on the same page as you having a stationary David Wright scoreboard. Gets a bit old. As the stadium keeps getting unveiled, I will keep updating whatever gets changed around. Especially the ads. Post anything you can find for real pictures and I will use them.

*Update*

-Changed the LCD in right field to a more appropriate look. "Welcome to Citi Field" texture.

2 things I have noticed that will be un-fixable for the time being.

1. The State Farm ad above the center field LCD has to stay red because of the Pepsi Cola LED sign in right field. I mentioned that before. I did however change it to Lets Go Mets as seen on the real thing. The dark gray texture behind the state farm ad has to stay dark gray as well. If you change the texture color of that, it changes every aisle step in the stadium to a blue color. Not very appeasing.

2. If you change the 2k Sports.com texture along the top of the dugout and replace it with the black and white neweracap.com logo, the Citi Field sign on top of the center field scoreboard changes to black and white as well. In short, whatever color you change the dugout lining, changes the Citi Field color sigh. Another sigh, but will have to put up with it for now ;)

As soon as the final few ads on the actual center field scoreboard are revealed, Citi Field will be complete!!! Hopefully that will be soon and it will be released.

mlb2k92009-03-1823-14-23-06.jpg

MI-AU898_CITI_DV_20090203173008.jpg

Archived