Road To The Majors

rroy0824

Ok so i always wanted to do a dynasty here on this site, the only problem is that i never had enough time to play all the games. so i was thinking, what if i made a starting pitcher and just play his games. so thats what i am going to try and do.

this dynasty will be a road to the show type thing. it will follow a pitcher i made named Shawn Ortiz, and his trip to the majors. i will start in single a baseball and over time i will move on to the majors.

just a few things:

everything that i can have is 2009

i play at stdiums that have been made for minor league teams on this site

i am useing the defalt rules, with injuries,suspensions, errors and everything on.

i will be playing on All-Star difficulty. unless i get better and move higher

my player is an average to good player for his level.

he will start on the Detroit Tigers single A team the Lakeland Flying Tigers.

He throws a Fastball that gose to mid 90s,Changeup,2 Seamer,Curveball, and a Knuckleball.

i will ONLY pitch, all felding is auto, and i exit and sim all batting, so im only in control of my player. i will also only play games in which my player is starting. once i feel like he should be taken out, i will take him out of the game and simm the rest of the game.

if i think of something else ill add it latter

this dose not mean im done with 2K9, i will still play it and mod it. Just wanted to try something new.

well here we go...

game one was a good game for me, i only let up one in the 6th inning

i had a few walks but thats going to happen, got a lot of help from the team in runs.

once i was out i thought the bull pen blew it but they managed to get me the win

• 2 weeks later...

I will mos def be following this. So will the CPU call him up or is that a choice you will have to make on your own?

im not sure if the computer can send players up and down in the regular season, but if i get one of those emails that said hey take a look at this guy, then i would move him up, if not then it will be at the end of the season, or it would be a jugment call on me. if good enough he may only have to go A,AA,MLB, because alot of prospects skip over AAA or get sent down there once they have been in the majors, we will see how it all gose though

game two was a little diffrent. My team needed a win and i had to get them it. i went 6 and only let up 2 runs. my team scored 13, BLOWOUT! im happy to get my second win of the season. i only wish i could have some k's. but if i keep working then they'll come

Boy, your pitcher isn't exactly a dime 'a dozen ^_^.

Single A and he has a mid 90s fastball and a knuckleball.

well theres a lot of people with mid 90s fastball in single A, its only 94,95 i mean i have seen high school pitchers with a low 90s fastball

and as for the knuckleball, its not the best, it gets hitt alot so thats kind of realistic.

and i mean even i can throw a knuckleball, not really good though but learned it when i was like 13.

so i mean people can do it

but i do get what u mean

man dont even want to talk about this, the team hung in there for a few innings but then i blew it.

i went 3 innings not to bad, but that 4th inning killed me. i let up 8 total befor getting pulled in the 4th after only 1 out

they had like 3 homeruns off me to

oh well, it wasn't my day

Great presentation, rroy.  Man, looks like you took a pounding.  Trust me, it happens to the best of us.  Just curious, do you plan on using the Boxscore Extractor?  I'd like to check out your boxscores sometime.

i could try it i gusses, will see how it gose.

i think i should have done that anyway

just remember im not batting so it will just be the simed stats

well theres a lot of people with mid 90s fastball in single A, its only 94,95 i mean i have seen high school pitchers with a low 90s fastball

and as for the knuckleball, its not the best, it gets hitt alot so thats kind of realistic.

and i mean even i can throw a knuckleball, not really good though but learned it when i was like 13.

so i mean people can do it

but i do get what u mean

As a pitching fanatic I will say that there's not as many people that throw a true 94-95 as is advertised. I saw Kerry Wood pitch in single A Peoria as he was making his comeback. He throws a true 94-95, and he stood out as a man amongst boys with his velocity.

I've only played against one guy, Juan Acevedo (MLB'er for ~10 years) that threw a true 94, and this was in JuCo, and it was the kind of velocity that causes one to stop what they're doing and pay attention. I've played with or against 6 pitchers that have been drafted and/or played in the minor leagues, and the difference between 95 and 90, despite only being 5mph, is HUGE.

Still, on the game, it's not going to be a hige difference, so I say keep it going as is.

I don't know what the monetary difference between guys that throw 91-92 and get signed versus guys that throw 94/95 is, but the difference in a scouting report is going to be a full number (4/5 v. 5/5) or letter grade (B v. A).

Pitching velocity is akin to 40-yard times and poundage of a squat ... there's a lot of claims of low 4's 40s and 500 pound squats, but the percentage of the claims that are legit are very small. I like the Libby scouting reports for accuracy and I find that their velocity numbers are often 2-3mph less than some of the other claims.

To quote Bull Durham, 94/95mph is "some serious sh!t. Serious sh!t".

well im sorry

i swear though there was some high school senoirs that threw 91-92 and they never made the majors

so i thought that a player that is in minor leagues would be faster then a high schooler that wouldn't do much

thats what i was thinking

but to tell u the truth, there still hitting me all over

as u see from my last game :)

Archived