NEW FEATURES FROM IGN

YanksFan4Ever77

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game looks awesome, you can alter the dimensions in the stadium creation.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Can we just skip to April already? I just bought Yankee tickets to the 2nd regular season game against the Red Sox, and I want to play MVP 2005!

IGN Sports: Is Barry Bonds still out of all of the baseball games this year?

Brent Nielsen: He has still opted out of the Player's Association licensing agreement, so John Dowd will be making a return to the Giants.

OMG!! WHO CARES IF HE OPTED OUT OF IT :evil:

i like the creat a stadium part where u can make a big scoreboard, dirt, grass. also with the fans when u can make it bobble head night, and what kind of concesion stands. im so syked for this game. and guess what...i ordered it alredy. I HAVE IT ON RESERVER!!!!

my expression of how i feel waiting for this game (tip: u might want to listen to u2 vertigo song before u read this or u wont get the toon.

HOW LONG HOW LONG (HOLA) IM AT A PLACE CALLED HELL FOR ME

THE GAMES SO CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR

I CAN SEEEE ITT I CAN SEEEEE IT.

THE LIGHTS THE CROWD The NOISE

THE CROWD UP ON THERE FEET

THE TYING RUNS AT 3rd base i cant take it no more i need that game now (weird voice) what did u just say...........(AHHHHHHHHHHHHH) HOW LONG HOW LONG!! (HOLA) IM AT A PLACE CALLED HELL FOR ME.. THE GAMES CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR I CAN SEE....I BELIVE...I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEE I SEEEEE.

well if u listen to the song vertigo by u2 u would get the tune of it

We can really customize the prices at concession stands? Finally, Yankee fans can now enjoy food and drinks at affordable prices! Hot dogs will be $1.50, Soda $2, and Beer only $3!!!

So how will I keep my profit up? Easy. The Yankees have that mega-TV network bringing in hundreds of million of dollars a year. Add in the bonuses for all the World Series I'm going to win with the Bronx Bombers. So I'll still be able to afford that $275 million payroll that is so coveted. :lol:

This is going to be fun. :D

IGN Sports: Is Barry Bonds still out of all of the baseball games this year?

Brent Nielsen: He has still opted out of the Player's Association licensing agreement, so John Dowd will be making a return to the Giants.

OMG!! WHO CARES IF HE OPTED OUT OF IT :evil:

EA does. They pay a certaina moutn of money to the MLBPA for licensing. Barry Bonds is a greedy SOB and wants to go his own way. He could demand millions from EA for them to use his likeness, which they choose not to do. Like EA or not, it's business.

I really like the sound of this:

IGN Sports: What other additions have been made to gameplay?

Brent Nielson: Getting into a few of the finer details, we've added variable umpires this year. You can choose to play with this on or off and it will give you a different strike zone where some days you'll get a little more of the edge of the plate, and other times you won't. We've also added variable base umpires where guys might blow a close call at a base. It won't be perfect every single time. One of the coolest things is the ability to argue calls with your manager. By pressing a button, you actually control the level of intensity of the argument, so if there's a blown call you can run out there and there is a little bit of risk/reward to it. The reward is that you might fire your team up and get an attribute boost, but the risk is if you go too far, if you argue the call with a little too much intensity and your manager gets tossed from the game, you now don't have access to your roster moves. You're at the mercy of the CPU for making the roster moves and decisions. Not that the computer will make bad decisions, but you might like to bring in your closer at a certain point or the CPU could bring a setup man earlier than you like. It's taken out of your hands.

Although I hope there is an option to turn off the variable umpire, as there was in High Heat.

And I would hope you could make some kind of roster moves in the way that managers manage to get the instructions to the replacement bench coach or similar in real life.

All in all though, I don't want to wait for this game. I want it now!

And people, don't take those screenshots too seriously. The game is still in beta stage and thus, what you see probably isn't what you get.

This game is not in beta stages anymore. The game is all but final, pending roster updates. Bug Fixes are the only thing left to test in the game.

IF they catch anything that is.

This game is not in beta stages anymore. The game is all but final, pending roster updates. Bug Fixes are the only thing left to test in the game.

IF they catch anything that is.

he SAID in the interview they are still tweaking the "batters eye" feature so he cant talk much about it. so it isnt close to final

Archived