Manny Being Manny In A 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty !

bob44

The Dodgers have now finished the month of July with a decent record of 13-12. Although this is a big drop from their 17-9 record of June. Here's a look at the tight NL West race and the Dodgers scores from July.....

NL WEST

z19-2.jpg?t=1249795657

JULY 2009

z20-2.jpg?t=1249795638

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one of my idiot friends once said, "Quiet I hear footprints." *grin*

Things are getting close in the NLW.

How the heck do the Rockies give up FEWER runs than the pitching heavy DBacks and Giants? That's interesting.

Lol, ya I'm definitely hearing footprints now. I don't know about the Rockies pitching, but their getting done, they've stayed in the race all year.

Nice dynasty you have going!

Diamonds have been outscored but are four games above .500. That's strange.

Thanks! That is strange, they're hanging around, but I'm more worried about those Rockies.

how is casey kotchman leading the NL in pitching strikeouts?

LOL. I looked at his stats, says he's struck out 140 times as a batter. MVP Sav Reader put him in the pitching category for some reason, very strange. Next time I post the leaders, I'll have to list #2 through #6 as the top 5 with photoshop. :D

104-1.jpg?t=1250097115

The Dodgers beat the new look Braves with the long ball today 6-3. LA gets 4 home runs and 3 innings of great bullpen pitching. The Braves brought in 2 new bats at the trade deadline with Adam LaRoche and Ryan Church. They both contribute 1 rbi but it's not enough. Dodgers will look for the series win tomorrow behind Jason Schmidt.

Russell Martin tags out Chipper Jones at home plate to end the 6th inning and hold on to the 3-3 tie!

z21-3.jpg?t=1250097140

105-1.jpg?t=1250134003

The Dodgers win the series, taking 2 out of 3 from the Braves behind a strong performance from Schmidt and the bullpen. LA sat 5 starters today and the bench came through big time. They get off to a quick start, scoring in each of the 1st four innings!

Ryan Church climbs the right field wall to rob Juan Castro of a solo homer! This would have gave Castro a 4-4 day.

z23-2.jpg?t=1250134049

I'm trying to figure a few things out about franchise stats as I am working on rosters for 2010.

How doesn't Pujols hit .350 in every franchise? Given his BA and low K totals, his contact rating should be the best on the game, and with his power ratings he should be an absolute sim beast. But, he's not?

In my franchise there are some very god players hitting .220 while prospects like Chase Headley and Carlos Gonzales are among the league leaders in the big 3 stats. CG is in triple crown contention through 50 games.

106-1.jpg?t=1250278330

Both teams enter the game with identical impressive records of 61-44. Tonight Chad Billingsley was the man! He came out throwing heat, striking out 8 over the first 4 innings! The only run he gives up was a solo shot to Corey Hart in the 6th that tied the game 1-1. The Dodgers follow that with 3 runs of their own in the bottom of the 6th to go up 4-1. LA was swept in Milwaukee just a couple weeks ago. They will look to return the favor. :aggressive:

Chad Billingsley celebrates his complete game victory on the mound following LA's 5-1 win over the Brew-crew!

z25-2.jpg?t=1250278343

107-1.jpg?t=1250706788

The Dodgers win their 4th in a row and get a complete game from their starter for the second straight game! Billingsley had the complete game giving up 1 run yesterday, but Kuroda was even better with an impressive 69 pitch complete game shutout! This is his 2nd straight, he had a 6 hit CG shutout in his last outing against St. Louis! Out of LA's 10 hits, 9 were singles but they still score 6 runs with a little help from the Brewers defense. Dodgers will go for the revenge sweep tomorrow.

Hiroki Kuroda celebrates his 2nd straight complete game shutout on the mound following LA's 6-0 win over the Brew-crew!

z26-2.jpg?t=1250706812

108-1.jpg?t=1251311617

The Dodgers complete the 3 game sweep and get some sweet revenge against the Brewers team that swept them in Milwaukee. Randy Wolf pitched great today and almost had LA's 3rd straight complete game. This was a close one as the Dodgers led just 1-0 in the 8th, but they get a lot of insurance with a solo shot from O-dawg and a 2-run shot from Ethier. Broxton ends up saving the game with his MLB leading 35th save of the year!

Wolf gets the ground ball from the tying run at the plate to set up the game ending double play, but Furcal bobbles it and everyones safe!

z27-2.jpg?t=1251311773

z28-1.jpg?t=1251311790

I check in for a good update ... only to see that someone is getting lazy with the in-game pics. *big grin*

Keep going Bob, playoffs are coming.

LOL :rolleyes:. Well as you can see I've been busy lately, been hard to get games in. Not much action shots the last couple games, but hey gotta give the pitchers their portrait for such a good game, quick and easy. -_-

I was wondering the same thing.  What's up, bob?  October's just around the corner.   B)

I know...i'm back now. Been hard to find an hour free to get a game and review in lately. But I've got some time again now. Man I got so close to catching up, I was on a roll. I think at one point I was only 5 games behind the real schedule. Now I'm 18 games back. Oh well just gotta try to get 2-3 games in a day somehow for about 2 weeks and I'll catch up. :p

108-1.jpg?t=1251311617

The Dodgers complete the 3 game sweep and get some sweet revenge against the Brewers team that swept them in Milwaukee. Randy Wolf pitched great today and almost had LA's 3rd straight complete game. This was a close one as the Dodgers led just 1-0 in the 8th, but they get a lot of insurance with a solo shot from O-dawg and a 2-run shot from Ethier. Broxton ends up saving the game with his MLB leading 35th save of the year!

Wolf gets the ground ball from the tying run at the plate to set up the game ending double play, but Furcal bobbles it and everyones safe!

z27-2.jpg?t=1251311773

z28-1.jpg?t=1251311790

That's interesting. Didn't Furcal have a critical error or a multi-error game earlier this year that received a lot of attention?

With the "pitcher's pics", I was thinking you just forgot to capture some images and then rmembered "oh crap, F10" at the end of the game. *grin*

Dodgers 5th starter Jason Schmidt is heading back to the DL once again with shoulder problems. LA has now picked up Vicente Padilla off waivers from the Texas Rangers. Padilla will start game #2 in the upcoming Braves series.

5-4.jpg?t=1251647996

Ugghhh.....this is frustrating. Still stuck on trying to play game #1 against the braves. The game kept crashing on me. The only other time this happened was with the Texas Rangers and that was a uniform problem, i finally fixed. Well this time it was a roster problem and i used the team changer and got it fixed. They had the same player in the lineup multiple times. So i get it to work, start playing and my whole computer blue screens around the 5th inning. Its hard to find the motivation to play when this stuff happens. I finally have some time to play, and when my game crashed half way through I had no desire to start over, i was so mad. Well my computer seems to be running ok today, think i've cooled off now, gonna try to play the braves again, better not crash. Need to catch up to the real schedule!

<_<

I know guys generally don;t like to sim games ... but if the choice comes down to [1] simming the braves series or [2] stopping the dynasty. I strongly urge to sim. This is a cool dynasty. (nobody will remember the simmed games come playoff time, and the outcome of your division won;t be "due to the sim'd games).

Archived