Manny Being Manny In A 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty !

bob44

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

86.jpg?t=1248133931

Dodgers have no offense until the second half of the game and end up losing a back and forth battle. LA gets a pinch hit 2-run homer in the 8th by Juan Castro of all people to tie it up 3-3. Bottom of the 8th, Cory Wade gives up a solo shot to Rickie Weeks on his 1st pitch. Top of the 9th Dodgers tie it up 4-4 on Loney's 1 out rbi double off Hoffman. Bottom of the 10th Mota gives up a single to Casey McGehee and then a rbi double to Craig Counsell to end the game 5-4. :cray:

Craig Counsell hits a game winning double high off the left field wall in the 10th just over a leaping Manny Ramirez!

z6-1.jpg?t=1248133946

Check out the last 2 relievers LA has pulled up from the minors. Just plain Horrible performances on the big league team.

:wacko:

y.jpg?t=1248214351

y2.jpg?t=1248214367

y3.jpg?t=1248214382

y4.jpg?t=1248214393

Will Claudio Vargas be the answer? His first game up was good, 2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 K's. Maybe Jason Schmidt will get a chance here soon, if Vargas doesn't work out, or maybe even a replacement for the 4-4 Eric Stults in the #5 starter position? :unsure:

87.jpg?t=1248476582

Dodgers lose their 3rd game in a row today! Hiroki Kuroda pitched well up until the 6th inning. He gives up 5 straight hits, including 3 doubles and the Brewers score 3 times to go up 4-2. The Dodgers pull to within 1 down 4-3 in the 8th with a Manny Ramirez single. Ethier then comes up with 1st & 3rd, 2 out, and strikes out! LA has one last rally in the 9th, with 2 outs, Kemp and Martin get singles and with the tying runs on base, pinch hitter Brad Ausmus grounds out softly, game over.

Rafael Furcal beats out a double play in the 5th that allows Kemp to score from 3rd and give LA a 2-0 lead.

z7-1.jpg?t=1248476678

88.jpg?t=1248491768

This was an exciting game with lots of offense. Randy Wolf had a miserable day as he gives up 5 long balls! This was a 2-2 game in the 5th, but Wolf gives up 2 that inning and 3 more in the 6th to put LA at a large 7-2 deficit. Dodgers fight back in the 7th with 4 runs to cut it to a 7-6 game. Wade gives up an rbi double in the 8th after an error. Then Ethier hits a solo shot in the 9th, that would be it for the scoring with the brewers winning 8-7 and sweeping the Dodgers. LA heads into the All-Star break losers of 4 in a row! Their lead in the West has been cut to 3 games over the Rockies.

Casey Blake gets called out at home after a single by Matt Kemp. It appeared at least a tie at home, tough call for LA.

z8-1.jpg?t=1248492069

Joe Torre gets tossed arguing the play at the plate in the top of the 2nd.

z9-1.jpg?t=1248492082

89.jpg?t=1248638111

The Dodgers lose their 5th game in a row tonight! <_< A very good Astro's team comes into LA and beats them up. Houston (57-33) is now tied with the defending champion Phillie's (56-32) @ 24 games over .500 for the best record in baseball. The story today was Houston's offense. They beat up on starter Clayton Kershaw and then do the same to Dodger reliever Claudio Vargas. LA may be in trouble, as Colorado won tonight, pulling to within 2 games of 1st place. The Dodgers have 3 more games in this series against a very good Houston club.

Miguel Tejada hits a homer over a leaping Matt Kemp in center field to put Houston up 4-0 in the top of the 5th.

z13-2.jpg?t=1248638182

90.jpg?t=1248646770

It's starting to get real ugly. LA loses their 6th game in a row. Houston cruises through another game beating the Dodgers by 5 runs for the second straight night. The only Dodger that could figure out Roy Oswalt was Kemp. He goes 3 for 3 with 2 singles, a double, 1 run, 1 rbi and 1 sb. Good game Matt, as for the rest of the team :lazy:

Starter Eric Stults gets hit in the face by a line drive in the 3rd inning that ends up being a rbi single.

z15-2.jpg?t=1248646805

James Loney makes a nice diving catch in the 9th inning.

z14-1.jpg?t=1248646827

91.jpg?t=1248658568

The Dodgers finally win a game after losing 6 in a row! This was an exciting one, including a blown save and a walk-off victory. Chad Billingsley gets off to a bad start, giving up a 2-run homer to Ivan Rodriguez in the 1st. Despite the top 3 of the order going a combined 0-12, Loney, Kemp & Martin step it up today. LA fights back to get a 5-2 lead. After Belisario and Troncoso take care of the 7th & 8th, big Jon comes out for the save in the 9th. He gets hammered for 2 runs on 4 hits! Bottom of the 9th, Loney leads off with a double, Kemp gets Intentionally walked and then Martin gets an rbi bloop single to right field, LA finally wins!

Russell Martin slaps a bloop single into right field. Loney scores the winning run from 2nd base!

z16-2.jpg?t=1248658554

92.jpg?t=1248836768

It's looking pretty bad for the Dodgers. The Astros walk into Dodger Stadium and leave taking 3 outta 4 games. LA has now lost 7 out of 8. Kuroda has a rough start. Vargas gets roughed up out of the pen again! Dodgers were never in it, tough game. :aggressive:

Ivan Rodriguez hits a 2-run homer in the 1st inning off the foul pole! Houston gets the quick start and never looks back.

z17-1.jpg?t=1248836754

Pudge has been killing my pitching in my cubs dynasty. Glad to see i'm not the only one. What are the standings?

Pudge was a tough out! 2 hits in each of all 4 games. 2 doubles, 1 triple & 3 homers! :bad: I'm about to post the West standings. League Standings as of the all-star break are posted above, I post those every 10 games.

93-2.jpg?t=1248847107

It just keeps getting worse. LA has now dropped 8 out of 9! Wolf gives up a grand slam to Ramon Hernandez in the 4th to put the Dodgers in a 6-1 hole. LA fights back, but really blows it at the end. Bottom of the 8th, bases loaded, 2 outs, 6-4 game. Matt Kemp comes up with the huge base hit up the middle, Manny scores from 3rd to make it 6-5 and Ethier is rounding 3rd about to score to make it 6-6. BUT Casey Blake decides to go to 3rd and gets tagged out before Ethier crosses the plate for the final out, still 6-5! Bottom of the 9th, Martin leads off with a single, pinch hitter Castro comes up for the sac bunt. Before he gets the chance Martin gets picked off !! When it's bad....it's bad ! :help:

Russell Martin gets picked off 1st in the bottom of the 9th in a 1-run game!

z19-1.jpg?t=1248847534

Those big innings are killers, bob.  I can see that gap in your lead getting thinner.  Ah, the pressure..   ^_^

I've been giving up way too many big innings and way too many homers! There's definitely pressure now, a 2 game lead is nothing! It was looking like I'd run away with the division. :crazy:

94.jpg?t=1248912508

Dodgers finally get a nice solid butt-kicking win! Thanks mostly to starter Clayton Kershaw who pitched a fantastic game. The bullpen was solid also. Andre Ethier hits his 9th homer of the season in the 8th. Nice to see a little pop off the Dodgers bats, after 5 games with no long balls for LA. Dodgers will go for the series win tomorrow!

Matt Kemp makes an awesome diving catch in center field!

z20-1.jpg?t=1248912685

Congrats, bob, looks like you finally got some offensive output.  Cincinnati is usually a good team to pound on.   B)

I wish I'd have known that about CIN before they swept me at home and overtook the Cubs for 1st in the NLC.

Held me to 3 runs in each game, and both Cueto and Owings have ERAs under 3?

Stupid Reds.

95.jpg?t=1248938962

The Dodgers win an exciting one tonight and take the series! LA had a nice 4-1 lead into the 6th inning, with Jason Schmidt pitching well in his comeback attempt. Looks like 5 innings was all he had in him as he gives up 4 straight hits to start the 6th. He leaves the game after the Reds tie it up at 4-4 with a runner at 2nd. Mota comes in, first pitch 2-run homer, LA's now down 6-4! Dodgers come back big time with a 3 run 7th inning rally. Martin gets an rbi single, Loretta gets a sac fly & Furcal gets a sac fly. Broxton makes it interesting in the 9th, after getting the 1st two batters out, he gives up 2 base hits. He then gets Jay Bruce to line out to Blake at 3rd, game over! :D

Joe Torre talks to Jason Schmidt on the mound during the 6th inning where he struggled badly.

z23-1.jpg?t=1248939424

Archived