Manny Being Manny In A 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty !

bob44

4f500842.jpg?t=1246063452

This was a tough loss. Also the 2nd straight 2-1 loss to the Cubs. Billingsley and Belisario pitch fantastic and then Big Brox comes in and blows it. Broxton gives up 2 doubles and a single. With the game at 1-1, runners 1st and 3rd, and no outs, Troncoso comes in. He strikes out Aramis Ramirez, but then gives up a sac fly to Geovany Soto.

16a7854c.jpg?t=1246063479

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there guys. ^_^
Thanks, only 111 more games to make up for it! :D

I'm developing a phobia to late inning baseball.   :mellow:
Ya, I think Broxton has blown (3) 9th inning leads now. :huh: Then the game before this it was 0-0 the whole game, i finally score, then i blow it at the end. Horrible loses. <_< And your last game up 5-0 in the 7th and losing 6-5 Ouch! :(

9d3e11a7.jpg?t=1246316895

The Dodgers finally dish out a nice butt kicking! Manny hits a solo shot out of Wrigley and Russell Martin hits a Grand Slam! Nice game on both sides of the ball for LA as they split the 4 game series 2-2 and end May alone atop the West.

B)

d382c8ba.jpg?t=1246317000

The Dodgers have now finished the month of May with a decent record of 16-13. Pretty similar to their 13-10 record of April to start the year. Here's a look at the still tight NL West race and the Dodgers scores from May.....

NL WEST

630a1f73.jpg?t=1246316492

MAY 2009

670c583b.jpg?t=1246316475

Congrats Bob. You're in a dog fight though, this is going to be fun to watch. :D

Thanks! I think it will stay pretty close for awhile, but hopefully later in the season i start pulling away from the pack. :p

Man bob, I wish there was that much yellow on my June schedule.  It's bleeding crimson right off the bottom of the monitor..

But hey man, this is going to be a fun division to watch, great stuff!

Thanks! I've seen a decent amount of crimson myself, but I keep coming back with the W's. :clapping:

Oh and the post you were commenting on, you can now see i jumped the gun and posted May's info, when i actually had one more game on the 31st :blush: whoops. So i flip-flopped them, posted the game and now the updated end of May info. :hi:

A dude I know plays on the DBacks ... not sure if he's in the game though.

Strange that the DBacks are so good on MVP, but so terrible in MLB.

Ya, Zavada is in the game, but he's on their AA club right now, so I won't be facing him. :pardon:

D-Backs have been pretty good in my game, maybe because they have a healthy Brandon Webb and the real D-Backs don't. ^_^

4e13a9fc.jpg?t=1246344312

Randy Wolf pitches a fantastic complete game shutout! Loney has a nice game with 3 hits and 3 rbi's. LA wins it's 2nd in a row and now holds a nice little 2 game lead in the West over the D-Backs.

B)

1ec232d4.jpg?t=1246344335

D-Backs have been pretty good in my game, maybe because they have a healthy Brandon Webb and the real D-Backs don't.

Yeah, that and they probably don't lead the MVP league in errors. Looking at the batting averages in the box score, Chris Young is hitting about 70 points higher in MVP than MLB and Chris Snider is just getting silly on MVP ... and it looks like Byrnes is actually earning some of his his money on MVP.

Unfortunately for the MLB DBacks, Webb has experienced a setback in his rehabilitation. Will you face him during this series? If Davis is the 3rd starter (probably 4th), you could miss out on Webb and Haren. Imagine if you faced [1] Webb, [2] Haren, and [3] Sherzer. Geez.

877fa2da.jpg?t=1246405102

Crazy Game! 16 Innings! Finally its over, Dodgers win 4-1 on a Casey Blake walk-off 3 run Homer !! Dodgers pitching was Fantastic! LA now has its biggest lead in the West of the year at 3 games!

:D

4b3c338c.jpg?t=1246405145

Way to hang in there, bob.  That's almost like playing 2 complete games.  Wow, 12 different pitchers, 5 runs and only 18 hits combined?  Sounds like a lot of decent pitching, at least you came out on the winning end.

Here, have a Bud Lite.   :D

Way to hang in there, bob.  That's almost like playing 2 complete games.  Wow, 12 different pitchers, 5 runs and only 18 hits combined?  Sounds like a lot of decent pitching, at least you came out on the winning end.

That game was ridiculous, no hitting at all. Sucks, I did pretty much play 2 games, but only get credit for 1. After about the 12th inning i didn't care who won, I just wanted it over with, lol.

:lol:

Here, have a Bud Lite. :D

Thanks, I'm actually about to have a Guinness!

:drinks:

9ba19995.jpg?t=1246475701

Wow! What a game! The Dodgers sit 5 starters today to give them a rest after the 16 inning marathon last night. LA gets down 4-0 early in the game and are getting no offense from their bench players. Dodgers finally score a run in the 7th to cut it to 4-1. Then the bottom of the 9th was an awesome come back! Check out the play by play and Hudson's single up the middle to score Furcal from 2nd and win the game! Dodgers win their 4th in a row and sweep the D-Backs. The win gives them a 4 game advantage over Arizona instead of 2 games, if the D-Backs could have held on to their lead.

711c4c5a.jpg?t=1246475772

714794ee.jpg?t=1246475727

46a51754.jpg?t=1246475744

Nice comeback, bob, looks like a great game.  I know those all too well lately, I just happen to be on the other end of the comeback.  It's not too often you can get some much needed production while your starters are resting.   ^_^

Nice comeback, bob, looks like a great game.  I know those all too well lately, I just happen to be on the other end of the comeback.  It's not too often you can get some much needed production while your starters are resting.   ^_^

It was a pretty boring game for the most part. I was sure I was going to lose after being down 4-0. But that bottom of the 9th was great! Its crazy how excited you can get over a video game. :blush::D

Its crazy how excited you can get over a video game. :blush::D

Yep, I opened the ole brew after a much needed win yesterday.  And in the same sense (and I know this all too well too), you can get really frustrated at it too.

But hey, you can't win them all, and when you do, it just makes it that much sweeter.   :drinks:

Archived