Manny Being Manny In A 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty !

bob44

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

042238cc.jpg?t=1246490646

This was a tough loss for LA. In the 8th with a 2-2 game, Manny leads off with a double. Pierre comes in to pinch-run and gets picked off 2nd! Dodgers follow with 2 singles that would have easily scored Pierre, but instead just strand runners at 1st and 3rd. Mota gives up a homer to Greg Dobbs in the 9th that makes it 3-2. One more chance for the Dodgers, bottom of the 9th, bases loaded and only 1 out! Pierre lines back to the pitcher Lidge and Ethier grounds out softly to Rollins. Game over.

:mellow:

0b406ed1.jpg?t=1246490658

d8b409f1.jpg?t=1246558681

Casey Blake comes up with the huge 2-out, 3-run homer in the bottom of the 8th to put LA up 3-1. Big Jon comes out and saves it in the 9th. Kuroda looked like he was gonna have a rough game, giving up a run on 4 hits in the 1st. But he gets out of a bases loaded jam and then pitches the next 6 innings giving up no runs on only 2 hits.

1d30c886.jpg?t=1246559230

Quick question:  Do you keep your rosters updated and accurate throughout the season?

Well, some what. I'm basically using the Dodger players that have played the most this season. I'll watch their call ups and send downs and see how much each one plays before doing the same moves. I'll make all the big trades for each team at the trade deadline. But i'm not goin to follow all the little stuff for the other teams. I spent to much time on that in my last dynasty, i need to just play and not take time to make every roster perfect. But ya, the big moves i'll copy.

I see that your rosters look pretty close, that's why I was wondering.  In mine, I've got the MLB Transaction page bookmarked, and just keep my eye on it as the day goes on.  I don't do any call ups or send downs with other teams, I just watch the transacations and put people on the right teams, how they perform and what the team does with them after that is obviously controlled by the CPU.

Just for example, here's what's going on today:

Just by using MVP Edit and the Team Changer, it's a pretty simple task if you play along with the real schedule.  It's basically a "once a day" process.

4c8c0558.jpg?t=1246576661

Dodgers win another close low scoring game. They defeat Cole Hamels who was 8-0 coming into this game! Wolf gives up a run in the 1st inning, but then shuts them down the next 7. Broxton another quick & easy save with 2 K's in the 9th. LA is now 10 games over .500 for the 1st time this season! Dodgers will try to take the series tomorrow 3 outta 4.

bf59cbef.jpg?t=1246576683

0ea9d17d.jpg?t=1246576696

3a8d658a.jpg?t=1246580512

This ended up being a wild game! All the action came from the 8th inning on. Bottom of the 8th LA trailing 2-0, they load the bases with 1 out, pinch hitter Loretta gets a base hit to tie the game 2-2, but gets caught rounding 1st too far! That left a runner at 3rd with 2 outs and then Furcal lines out. Top of the 9th Troncoso gets 2 quick strike outs, then gives up a single to Werth. Then Pedro Feliz singles to right field but Ethier runs right past the ball! Werth scores to put Philly up 3-2 and Feliz gets credited with a triple! Bottom of the 9th, 1 out and Manny singles. Ethier then hits the top of the left field wall, almost a 2 run homer to win it, but instead a rbi double that scores pinch runner Castro. Hoffman then strikes out, 2 outs now. Pierre comes up with the clutch 2 out single, but Ethier has to stop at 3rd because the outfield was playing shallow! Now 1st and 3rd, 2 outs, 3-3 game....Matt Kemp slices a grounder down the 1st base line past a diving Ryan Howard, Ethier scores.....Dodgers win 4-3 !!

:D LA takes 3 outta 4 from 1st place Philly.

e13e8b19.jpg?t=1246580914

9922695c.jpg?t=1246580928

cddb63ec.jpg?t=1246580960

Holding Ryan Howard and Philadelphia to 8 total runs in 4 games should be considered a victory within itself.  Your pitching must be firing on all cylanders.   :good:

Ya, my pitching has been excellent. Throughout the season I've been adjusting the sliders, but I'm still pitching great. I've turned down the pitch meter difficulty so I have a small sweet spot and turned down my pitch control. I've also pumped up the cpu's contact and power, but I'm still holding them down. I just pitch a lot on the corners of the strike zone and try to keep it away from their hot zones. So, I don't know, the Dodgers do have a very good staff. The real Dodgers lead the majors in ERA at 3.55. :D I like the 3-2 and 2-1 games better than 9-7 and 8-5's. I have also turned up my hitting, but still struggle to score runs. So it seems pretty fair, me and the cpu just don't score a lot, its a pitchers year. B) But I will continue to tweak sliders as the season goes on.

cylanders.

I give you points for creative spelling ... "brave spelling" as it's called in 1st grade. *big grin*

Can someone link me to the steps used to get the box scores to be presented as they are in bob's updates?

In the past I have always used gadwin print screen (of the box score extractor images) and then "mosaic'd" them into one image, but it doesn't look nearly as nice.

Bob, did you just put them into one image and then put a border around it?

Can someone link me to the steps used to get the box scores to be presented as they are in bob's updates?

In the past I have always used gadwin print screen (of the box score extractor images) and then "mosaic'd" them into one image, but it doesn't look nearly as nice.

Bob, did you just put them into one image and then put a border around it?

Well, #1 I use microsoft front Page. Its part of Microsoft office. I open up the box score in it and highlight the fielding stats and just delete the cells and save it. Then when I open it in the web browser the fielding part is gone. 2nd, I have Vista and I use the snip tool. I select the box score area and it saves it with the red border around it. The whole thing takes about 20 seconds

:p

Juan Pierre ftw, BTW good dynasty :D

Thanks ! B) As for Juan Pierre, he's been frustrating. He hasn't been able to hit all year. Even with his 6 walks his .OBP is only .232. But he's been important in a bunch of wins as a pinch runner, stealing a bag and scoring from 2nd on a single. My last dynasty I got a bunch of bunt hits and infield singles with him, not so much this year.

b6a80b97.jpg?t=1246652783

Dodgers get bad outings from Wade and Milton as they combine to give up 4 runs in the 8th in a 3-3 game. On the bright side Manny hits 2 home runs. There was a total of 5 home runs between the 2 teams today!

:o

1161fb23.jpg?t=1246652800

Archived