Incredible Pc Hockey Game

apocalypse

i wish i could find my cpy of it. i will throwsometime. its looks great

i was looking online to find what the cover looks like for it, to help find my cop, but there two covers that appear to its cover. one is a thrashers player and the ohther is avs playerwhich oneam i lookingfor

Yeah... it's not going to die because it's a damn good game... just like MVP2005.

Just imagine the possibilities of MVP05 if it had a HTML/JS based interface like NHL04.

That's a big part of the NHL04 cult following and longevity... that easy access to the interface has made some incredible mods possible. Also the great game engine plays big part of course.

Edited by apocalypse

i just looked i up on amzon and i dont see it. the only one i see is listed as 2003 be the box they show says 2004

i think it the wrong cover too. based what been said in this thread

NHL 2004 has 2 different covers.

It was originally supposed to be Joe Thornton but he got charged with something.

So then they changed it to Dany Heatley who killed his teammate in a car accident.

Finally, Joe Sakic made the final version of the cover

Yeah... it's not going to die because it's a damn good game... just like MVP2005.

Just imagine the possibilities of MVP05 if it had a HTML/JS based interface like NHL04.

That's a big part of the NHL04 cult following and longevity... that easy access to the interface has made some incredible mods possible. Also the great game engine plays big part of course

You hit the nail right on the head! I love the fact that in NHL04 Trent and the guys set it up to still receive current ESPN scores and news feeds on the main screen. NHL 2004, MVP 05, and Madden 08 modding communities make them still the best. I have The Show and NHL 14 on the PS3, but I just feel more comfortable with the old PC games.

You hit the nail right on the head! I love the fact that in NHL04 Trent and the guys set it up to still receive current ESPN scores and news feeds on the main screen. NHL 2004, MVP 05, and Madden 08 modding communities make them still the best. I have The Show and NHL 14 on the PS3, but I just feel more comfortable with the old PC games.

So do I. I may try other games but I always come back to Mvp and now NHL 04. I got lucky getting that game.

• 9 months later...

Apocalype I have a request for you if you don't mind. Whenever you come in here and post pictures of the work you guys do at your site you always seem to pique the interest of more people on this site to go out and get NHL 2004. And it's no wonder why, your group of modders have improved that game in every single way possible.

Can you tell these guys why you guys chose to concentrate on NHL 2004 instead of the previous or later years? I believe you explained this once before but that explanation probably got lost in all the screenshots that you've been posting. By the way, post more! :D

Thank you!

We modify NHL 2004 because it's superior in every single aspect (compared to other PC NHL games).

The ai is ridiculously superior.to anything else ever released on PC. NHL 05-09 (PC) are pure crap in comparison. Those newer ones are arcade games, really. It's like comparing Austin Allegro to a Jaguar E-Type or Ferrari Daytona. :D

Interface is html/JS which makes it easily accessible and you can add pretty much everything there. NHL 05-09 have console interfaces which can't be altered. They have almost no statistics at all.

Those are the main reasons, really.

Best game engine, best interface, best everything. ;)

Edited by apocalypse

• 3 weeks later...