Photoshop Thread

JoeRudi26

Since getting a lot of PM's concerning help/tips with Photoshop, I asked Trues if it would be possible to make an ongoing thread so anyone who was interested could possibly benefit from what was being discussed.  This is probably something similar to what might be discussed in the sigs thread, but will be more targeted towards Photoshop in general.  There are a ton of talented people on the site, so anyone that wants to chime in just feel free to do so.

baseballfans asked me the other day:  

Question: How do I get the magic wand to select the name and numbers simultaneously? 

Answer:  When 'selecting' with the Magic Wand (and most other tools), just hold Shift until you have the whole image selected

Question: Your avatar has a transparent body look. What can I do to make it merge with the background the way you do?

Answer:  Highlight the layer you are working on, and go to the top of the layer palette to Blending Options.  From there, try the different options such as Overlay, Multiply, Screen, etc.  Don't forget to experiment with the Opacity and Fill sliders also found at the top of the layer palette.  Another way is to experiment with the Eraser tool.

As I said, there are a ton of talented people on the site (look in the sigs thread) so hopefully we can all benefit from this thread.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

*Test*

Working on some new graphics for next year's dynasty, just thought I'd throw some ideas in here to get some feedback on some templates I've been working on. I know this one is kind of plain, but if anyone has any ideas or input, feel free to throw it my way. I actually got this idea from something I saw on a website (don't remember what it was now). But anyway, since it's winter, might as well brush up in Photoshop.

Thanks man.  I've got a lot of free time over the next few days, and I'm having a blast getting my fingers back in Photoshop.  I think I'm on to something, here's an update:

But I agree man, especially if it's 'back to MVP' again this year.  Between you and I, I honestly think we can do some major overhaul to some overlays.   :drinks:

Thanks man. I've got a lot of free time over the next few days, and I'm having a blast getting my fingers back in Photoshop. I think I'm on to something, here's an update:

But I agree man, especially if it's 'back to MVP' again this year. Between you and I, I honestly think we can do some major overhaul to some overlays. :drinks:

Looking good JR. I see you've descended back down into the dungeon. :diablo:

Were those books any help?

Looking good JR.  I see you've descended back down into the dungeon.  :diablo:

Were those books any help?

Absolutely, some of the best Photoshop info I've seen anywhere on the net.  I love em!  Bad part is, when it gets like this, my family tends to miss me. Not sure, but I think my oldest is driving now.  ;)

Seriously man, I get into this stuff and I start to lose track of time.  Thanks again for the headsup.

:hi:

JR makes it look to easy!! Definitely looks like it belongs in a next-gen game.

I'm gonna hook up with Trues one of these days, and if there's any life left in MVP, we should be able to change the way overlays look in the entire game.  I'm sure there are boundries, but between the both of us, I'm sure we can conjure something up.

Besides, I honestly can't see giving up MVP anytime soon anyway.

Looks wonderful Joe; especially the way team logos are represented. For the border, you could possibly use the home team's color. I think it would be more appealing that way. Also, something seems off about the player positions background.

Thanks for the input, V.  Yeah, I noticed the same thing about the Positions Background layers.  I wasn't totally satisfied with them either.  Not sure if it's the gradiant, or the fact that the text on top of them is a little off.  I may do something totally different.

Thanks again, Vish, have a great Christmas!

Alb -

It was Maestro that sent me the Photoshop Bible (PDF Format), among a couple of other files.  I put everything on a CD after I finished my season, and I really don't know off the top of my head where it's at.  I've got a box full of stuff I'll have to go through.

If Maestro sees this first maybe he still has them handy, it was one of the best Photoshop books I can ever remember seeing.  Very cool stuff.

Anyway, I'll see if I can dig it out in the mean time.

Alb -

It was Maestro that sent me the Photoshop Bible (PDF Format), among a couple of other files.  I put everything on a CD after I finished my season, and I really don't know off the top of my head where it's at.  I've got a box full of stuff I'll have to go through.

If Maestro sees this first maybe he still has them handy, it was one of the best Photoshop books I can ever remember seeing.  Very cool stuff.

Anyway, I'll see if I can dig it out in the mean time.

Oh I can get that one don't worry about it. It is huge.

Awesome work Jay.  Shadow on the bottom was a good call.

Your templates are getting me geared up for next year.  :clapping:

Thanks Meastro. Yeah, looks like it's going to be a long winter waiting for baseball.  Oh well, here's the finished product for the Player Card, changed the yellow 2B to blue, added a shadow over the "name" text and deleted the blue background.

Archived