Photoshop Thread

JoeRudi26

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is outstanding work JR.

Thanks, Trues, I just hope The Show doesn't disappoint in regards to gameplay this year. As much as I'd like to hold out hope, I honestly believe 2K is simply too far in the hole to make their game playable for an entire season. Either way, I seriously need to move on to a next gen baseball title.

If all else fails, at least there will always me MVP on the back burner.

Thanks, Trues, I just hope The Show doesn't disappoint in regards to gameplay this year. As much as I'd like to hold out hope, I honestly believe 2K is simply too far in the hole to make their game playable for an entire season. Either way, I seriously need to move on to a next gen baseball title.

If all else fails, at least there will always me MVP on the back burner.

Yes you do Joe...lol

I had a season going last year and it was very sim like. So if you work the settings bit you can get what you want.

Yes you do Joe...lol

I had a season going last year and it was very sim like. So if you work the settings bit you can get what you want.

I rented the game and played it non stop for a few days, and no matter what I did, no matter what kind of lead I had, the AI would find it's way back into the game in the late innings. Not every single time, but at least 8 out of 10 games this happened. I tried everything I could to get varied results, and it was always the same. If I had a lead going into the late innings, the AI was sure to have the big inning. It was like clockwork.

I just honestly can't see myself playing 162 games of something that is going to be mostly predictable anyway, it's pretty pointless, and that's why I decided to pass on it again last summer. Unless I totally missed something in regards to sliders, this was my experience with the game.

I honestly hope The Show '10 is tightened up a little more, the game is unbelievable in about every other aspect. I'm more than ready to make the jump.

Hey JR, you got some good graphics coming together. Are you planning on doing a show one? If so, it would be awesome if we got a good group of guys here to do an online season for the show 10, as the scea team is focusing on online play. Anyways, thought it would be cool if each of the guys in the season represented their respective team through graphics, newspapers, etc. Ok enough of my rambling, the original graphic you used is from the mlb tv loading screen. That image is shown basically as a loading placeholder for the upcoming game you are about to watch.

Hey JR, you got some good graphics coming together. Are you planning on doing a show one? If so, it would be awesome if we got a good group of guys here to do an online season for the show 10, as the scea team is focusing on online play. Anyways, thought it would be cool if each of the guys in the season represented their respective team through graphics, newspapers, etc. Ok enough of my rambling, the original graphic you used is from the mlb tv loading screen. That image is shown basically as a loading placeholder for the upcoming game you are about to watch.

Yeah, I'm definitely taking the plunge and going to present a Show season, without a doubt, but yeah, this is a great idea. It would be pretty cool if we could pull something like this off for next season. Bright side is, everyone would have plenty of time to get something together graphically.

Great idea man, count me in.

the original graphic you used is from the mlb tv loading screen. That image is shown basically as a loading placeholder for the upcoming game you are about to watch.

Ah ok, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't place it.  BTW, if we do get something like this going, I'd be up for making some standard templates for whoever wants to use them; starting lineups, post game board, standings, etc. 

As it stands, I've got a little more free time than I really want for a couple of months anyway, just let me know.

Ah ok, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, just couldn't place it.  BTW, if we do get something like this going, I'd be up for making some standard templates for whoever wants to use them; starting lineups, post game board, standings, etc. 

As it stands, I've got a little more free time than I really want for a couple of months anyway, just let me know.

Also, the show 10 is including a new highlight system which will make it much easier for video highlights. I'd be fine with a 6 or 8 team league.

Also, the show 10 is including a new highlight system which will make it much easier for video highlights. I'd be fine with a 6 or 8 team league.

Sounds great. This could turn out to be a blast come summer. Actually, if you think about it, The Show will be released in early March, merely two months away.  :drinks:

Yeah, the smaller the league, the better IMO.

I've never played in an online league, to be honest, I'm not too sure how it works. Sounds fun, and I'm sure I could adapt quickly, but when you say 6-8 teams, I really don't understand how it all works.  :unsure:

I've never played in an online league, to be honest, I'm not too sure how it works. Sounds fun, and I'm sure I could adapt quickly, but when you say 6-8 teams, I really don't understand how it all works.  :unsure:

If we were to play an online league, we would keep playing each other over and over. If mlb the show 10 includes online franchise this year, that would mean not only would we play each other according to the real schedules, but we would also play the cpu against non user controlled teams.

If we were to play an online league, we would keep playing each other over and over. If mlb the show 10 includes online franchise this year, that would mean not only would we play each other according to the real schedules, but we would also play the cpu against non user controlled teams.

Sound great, like I said, I'm in.

While I'm at it, here's a small update for an individual recap/stat bar:

This looks wonderful. I can't wait to follow this when this starts!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Anyway, here's another graphic of the Player Bar that I'm working on. This is the same rendition of the one with Pedroia, only done to represent the Yankees colors. I'm not so sure I'm going to keep this one the way it is, the more I look at it, the more possibilites I see to make it better. Not really the type of pic I wanted to use, but like I said, it'll be sure to evolve.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Joe. I haven't posted here a ton, which is a shame, but since I lost my mvp 2005 discs it's been very hard for me to come by, haha.

I was wondering if maybe you could write like a tutorial on how to make a very, very basic dynasty layout. There is a tremendous amount of information on how to make things like signatures and avatars and userbars, but for guys like me, the dynasty layouts are where it's at, and there's virtually nothing available (at least from what i've found out lol) that can really help a ton with basic dynasty layouts.

Maybe if you ever have the time you could make one and then recommend a few effects/tools/brushes that people should get and use for their chise updates?

Obviously you've got a life so I don't want to sound pushy but doing something like that would really be a HUGE help to not just this community but probably to the web all-around.

thanks!

Sure man, I wouldn't mind doing something like that.  To be honest, I think that was mostly the point of this thread when Trues decided to start it up.  I'll see if I can get something started later this evening, and we can just go from there.

thank you, thank you!

Lol, you truly have no idea how long i've been waiting for something like this.

You are not only a prince among men, but a God among mortals :p

I was wondering if maybe you could write like a tutorial on how to make a very, very basic dynasty layout.

Sorry guys, I had gotten busy and haven't had time to get anything going quite yet. I should have some time today, so I'll try to write up something fairly simple.

The tutorial will be a template similar to this one:

It may or may not look overwhelming to some, but I can assure you once you get a handle on the tools, it's much easier than it looks. The only thing you will need is one of the later versions of Photoshop. Writing a step by step tutorial on this particular template would take way too much space, so I figured the easiest thing to do would be to start with the basics and go from there. Once you have gotten a handle on the basic parts/shapes, we can move on. Sort of a ask/respond type of tutorial.

Anyway, for whoever wants to give this a shot, let me know in this thread.

Size

The first thing you need to figure out will be the size of your template. When posting on a forum, you want something that is big enough to be read, but without stretching the forum pages. For most of my templates, I usually won't go over 800 (pixels) wide. Figuring out the height depends on what you're making. To give the template a "page" look, you want to make the length a bit bigger than the width. For a 800 width, I'd usually go with 800-900 length. Again, size depends on what you want to make. In this particular instance, I made the template 800 (w) X 800 (L).

(Instructions: Go to File > New. The box will open up asking for the size you want to make your canvas. Choose your Width and Height, and then name this layer "Background")

You should now have your basic canvas for the template. (800x800)

Archived