How Do You Hold Your Glove?

MarkB

I've always went with forefinger in slot 1, middle and ring finger in slot 2 and pinky in slot 3, but when a friend tried on my new glove a few days ago, he asked which fingers went in which slots and I realised I had never really thought about it, I just held mine this way out of habit.

So, how do you hold your glove?

Post your model as well if you feel like it. I'm using a left-handed black and burnt-orange Louisville Slugger Genesis 1300P, not too dissimilar to the one below.

815LS1300.jpg?x=320&y=320

(Also, I had my glove on while typing this and had to keep resisting the habit to type with my left hand as well. :lol: )

AAAAAuIQLU0AAAAAALEldw.jpg

Index finder ALWAYS sticking out, and I keep the strings long ... not for any particular reason, just something I've always done.

No way I could wear a glove with a "finger hole", that'd be like wearing bikini briefs.

I also never let anyone put my glove on. IMO, wearing someone else's glove is like wearing someone else's underwear. Ya just don't do it. *grin*

AAAAAuIQLU0AAAAAALEldw.jpg

Index finder ALWAYS sticking out, and I keep the strings long ... not for any particular reason, just something I've always done.

No way I could wear a glove with a "finger hole", that'd be like wearing bikini briefs.

I also never let anyone put my glove on. IMO, wearing someone else's glove is like wearing someone else's underwear. Ya just don't do it. *grin*

What's the name of tht model? Looks nice!

That's the Rawlings Gold Glove Series 11 1/2", found here, larger photo here.

Ahh, the good old days, eh Sean? Good luck fielding grounders or receiving a hard throw with those bad boys!

Nice ones, Cavicchi, how do those work out on fly balls? ;)

It's alright. I had a great maroon mizuno that was broken in perfectly and shaped 'just right' for my hand. One day at the diamonds my son forgot to put it in our bag (his job), and when we went back it was gone.

So, I had to get a new glove. I'm not a big fan of the webbing, but I never catch the ball there (unless in the OF) anyway. I like the two-tone and it serves it purpose. I really miss my glove from college though. It was just like a 'nice @$$' .... I loved everything about it. You put your hand on and it just "felt right" *grin*

For me, it depends what position I'm playing. Generally, I'm a catcher and I wear that glove with my index finger out and my pinky and ring finger in the same slot, like most catchers gloves already have.

14563251_w.jpg

Rawlings Pro-Preferred Catchers Glove. Took forever to break in, but now that it is it's like catching a 90 mph fastball with a pillow.

But I also play outfield and when I wear my outfileders glove I split my fingers like I'm making the "live long and prosper" sign inside my glove. My ring and pinky fingers are in the outer-most slot and my middle and index finger are in the one right next to the web. This allows outfielders to have a little more squeeze ability as well as a bigger pocket.

gold-glove-gg601.jpg

When I'm in the outfield, I use the generic Rawlings Gold Glove. Mine is a little older than this one, but it's pretty close.

Archived