File Name: Baltimore Memorial Classic

File Submitter: paulw

File Submitted: 03 Dec 2009

File Updated: 03 Dec 2009

File Category: Stadiums

Version: 1.0

Baltimore Memorial Stadium Classic

By PaulW and SeanO

There are 2 versions included: the 1956-1961 version (orioday_5661.big) and the 1964-1969 version (orioday_6469). The only substantive

difference is the scoreboards.

To use the stadium rename the one you wish to use orioday.big and copy this file into your ...MVP/Data/Stadium folder. Also copy the file orioday.txt

into your ...MVP/Data folder. This will fix the dugouts and change the cameras slightly. These stadiums were designed specifically for the MVP

season mods ('56,'61,'64, '67). I do not know the name of the file for Baltimore Memorial in Total Classics 10 and don't want to encourage anyone

to overwrite the nice version of Memorial with Total Classics. Someone put a lot of work into that version. Create a post on mods if you'd

like to use one of my versions in Total Classics 10. I'm sure someone will let you know how.

Thanks to SeanO as always for his initial "grunt work" in creating the original Baltimore Memorial. Also, thanks to my friend Hyman who created

the initial light towers which I used to create the light towers in this version.

Contact Info: paulwangerin@yahoo.com

Click here to download this file

Paul, one minor mistake in the 1956-1961 version of Memorial Stadium. There's a word misspelled on the scoreboard. I have it highlighted here so you can see. Again, it's minor and it can happen to anyone.

Although I do have one other question. I'm looking at the scoreboard on both versions and it says that Baltimore beat New York 5-4. But in every inning it has the Orioles scoring no runs.

But the other version, 1964-1969 is perfect.

Knowing Paul, the misspelling and the scoreboard might have been intentional. I remember him saying that he likes to add something small to his mods that usually only he notices that identifies them as his own.

In this case, it is either that, or he made a few mistakes. :)

I can't wait to check out these stadiums! :good:

Knowing Paul, the misspelling and the scoreboard might have been intentional. I remember him saying that he likes to add something small to his mods that usually only he notices that identifies them as his own.

In this case, it is either that, or he made a few mistakes. :)

I can't wait to check out these stadiums! :good:

Jim is right, the misspelling is intentional, just like the scoreboard on paul's original Shibe Park.

Thanks for continuing the work Paul.

Jim is right, the misspelling is intentional, just like the scoreboard on paul's original Shibe Park.

Why would he want to intentionally misspell a word? It is not like anyone is going to be dumb enough to take one of his stadium mods and try to pass it off as work they did. You can always tell a Paulw ballpark. It makes you want to stop and look at it in the game to really take it all in.

Paul, one minor mistake in the 1956-1961 version of Memorial Stadium. There's a word misspelled on the scoreboard. I have it highlighted here so you can see. Again, it's minor and it can happen to anyone.

Although I do have one other question. I'm looking at the scoreboard on both versions and it says that Baltimore beat New York 5-4. But in every inning it has the Orioles scoring no runs.

195661.jpg

But the other version, 1964-1969 is perfect.

196469.jpg

Well, I'm 1 for 2 on this one. The all zero's for Baltimore on the scoreboard is done on purpose. It's just a quirky thing I like to do. The mispelling of sponsors (sponors, wtf?) is a boner on my part. Sorry, I'll patch this up.

Is the stadium generally working for everyone who has tried it? No crashes or any bizarre occurences with balls rolling under walls or anything? I absolute hate working on wall.dat simply because it's so hard to test.

Well, I'm 1 for 2 on this one. The all zero's for Baltimore on the scoreboard is done on purpose. It's just a quirky thing I like to do. The mispelling of sponsors (sponors, wtf?) is a boner on my part. Sorry, I'll patch this up.

Is the stadium generally working for everyone who has tried it? No crashes or any bizarre occurences with balls rolling under walls or anything? I absolute hate working on wall.dat simply because it's so hard to test.

You don't have to patch it up on my account Paul. These guys had me convinced it was intentional. I just wanted them to know that no one can take your work and pretend to pass it off as their own and get away with it. Your stuff is that good.

Thank you for everything that you have ever done.

Oh, and so far after playing one game in this ballpark (I used the 1956 version) there were no problems.

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments. Modding ballparks is fun for me but it is also a lot of work. I *try* to throw a little artistic flavor into them so sometimes a few things are not completely accurate. I've got a very nice night version I'm working on now. I'll probably release it on Saturday.

If I could have a wish: I'd love to take MVP Baseball as it is and redo the player animations and the crowds. I'd maybe make one or two adjustments to the statistical model. What a great game that would be. It would also absolutely have to be compatible with what's there now.

Archived