Total Classics 1927

sal

Hey,

Man do I love the looks (Fenway addition) and ,to a degree, the feel of this mod.

I understand that as a "non-modder" my opinions are less relevant but..

My problems so far are:

Running speed (too high). Kiki Cuyler at his age is a 94?

Pitch speeds (too low) Carl Mays 78 mph fastball max and Lefty Grove 92 mph fastball

max. I know that Mays was old but Grove was young.

Fielding seems a bit anemic but this is a subjective judgment.

Don't get me wrong. I am loving this mod. Thank you.

BTW, seems like the Harwell Legends sound file has a major

problem with this mod. Makes sense.

Great mod as usual from the TC guys. Thanks.

I simmed a season to get to the playoffs, and after the regular season is over it gets stuck and shows a pop-up with "Class A 1 game playoff scheduled for September 6th" or something to that effect. It then will not go past that point.

Great mod as usual from the TC guys. Thanks.

I simmed a season to get to the playoffs, and after the regular season is over it gets stuck and shows a pop-up with "Class A 1 game playoff scheduled for September 6th" or something to that effect. It then will not go past that point.

Did you install the mod with the included installer? If so, did you select a 154 or a 162 game season? The issue you describe will occur if you sim the season with the 154 game season.

Hey,

Man do I love the looks (Fenway addition) and ,to a degree, the feel of this mod.

I understand that as a "non-modder" my opinions are less relevant but..

My problems so far are:

Running speed (too high). Kiki Cuyler at his age is a 94?

Pitch speeds (too low) Carl Mays 78 mph fastball max and Lefty Grove 92 mph fastball

max. I know that Mays was old but Grove was young.

Fielding seems a bit anemic but this is a subjective judgment.

Don't get me wrong. I am loving this mod. Thank you.

BTW, seems like the Harwell Legends sound file has a major

problem with this mod. Makes sense.

If you don't like the player attributes, you can always tweak them using MVPEdit to get the results more to your liking. You only have to edit 400 players.....

• 4 months later...

Great mod. Love the older stadiums. Looking forward to leading Heinie, Charlie and Harry against the Yanks, A's, and Senators.

Does age affect durability and injuries during the season? I did notice a lot of ages listed are 4 or 5 years younger than they actually were. That's just MVPEdit calculating from 2009/2010 vs 2005, right? I am so rusty using MVPEdit global edit that I wasn't going to worry about it. Mainly curious when facing a team like the A's with aging HOF'ers like Collins, Cobb, and Wheat. The more time they're resting the old bones and not harassing the Bengals' young hurlers the better. :)

I need to stay out of MVP Edit unless it's absolutely necessary anyway. I was tweaking the batting orders on the 1927 all star lineups and now I can't play an all star matchup unless I use DH's. Not sure what I did, but with the DH turned off, the AL All Stars lineup won't display the starting pitcher. Shows a DH with a blank spot for the name in the number nine spot then crashes when I try to make changes or hit the Advance button. Oh well ... Off to play against the AL (with DH) to see how I might pitch to these guys in season mode.

Great mod. Love the older stadiums. Looking forward to leading Heinie, Charlie and Harry against the Yanks, A's, and Senators.

Does age affect durability and injuries during the season? I did notice a lot of ages listed are 4 or 5 years younger than they actually were. That's just MVPEdit calculating from 2009/2010 vs 2005, right? I am so rusty using MVPEdit global edit that I wasn't going to worry about it. Mainly curious when facing a team like the A's with aging HOF'ers like Collins, Cobb, and Wheat. The more time they're resting the old bones and not harassing the Bengals' young hurlers the better. :)

I need to stay out of MVP Edit unless it's absolutely necessary anyway. I was tweaking the batting orders on the 1927 all star lineups and now I can't play an all star matchup unless I use DH's. Not sure what I did, but with the DH turned off, the AL All Stars lineup won't display the starting pitcher. Shows a DH with a blank spot for the name in the number nine spot then crashes when I try to make changes or hit the Advance button. Oh well ... Off to play against the AL (with DH) to see how I might pitch to these guys in season mode.

Worst comes to worst, just re install.

You don't have to reinstall the entire mod. Just manually copy the roster .dat files to the database folder and you'll be back in business.

I restored the original .dat files to the database folder. Still had the same errors. Decided to go back into the original .mbe file in MVPEdit. (I just have this thing about the DH, especially in All Star games, double switches & pinch hitting are half the fun) Anyway, the tools -> Check Errors utility said the AL All Stars NL lineups were incomplete. Can anyone confirm this on their mbe file also or is it just something on my end?

Having given up on any fix through MVPEdit, I explored the roster.dat file that holds the lineups for a while to look for anything out of the ordinary, esp. for the AL AS Team. I finally tracked it down to the entries on the NL lineups batting order (fields 6 and "10", "10" is actually not numbered at the end of the line) for Ted Lyons of the AL All Stars (Starting Pitcher 1). The fields were set to -1 (blank) instead of 9. Imported the .dat files as a new .mbe file, and the new file reported no errors in MVP Edit. Been testing it for a while in no-DH mode with no crashes so far. Also did a global edit in MVP Edit making all Major Leaguers & all stars 1461 days (4 years) older to get the age displays close.

Bill Terry, the Waners, and Old Pete have been giving Ruth, Gehrig, and Grove a run for their money. :) Been having fun with the all star matchups from the different TC year mods, it may be a while til I get to the 1927 Tigers dynasty. Thanks again Classics team for all the hard work.

Archived