Mlb 2K10 Demo Impressions Thread

Trues

Why do they waste their time on unnecessary features like My Player rather than devote all their resources to actually making the gameplay better?

Some of us will only buy the game because of My Player. It's the only reason I'm (somewhat) excited about 2k10. There's a good chance I'll never have more than 50 at bats the entire time I own the game.

Showing my ignorance here-what is my player?

New mode for 2k10, you create-a-player at any position and guide him to (and through) the majors. So if you want to play with only a pitcher like I do, you'll start off in AA and gradually earn points to become better, and eventually make the majors.

The Show's version of it is Road to the Show.

I can confirm that vs. cpu team, they will take pitches and can be walked. I also drew 1 walk. You can get poke hits taking defensive swings being down in the count. But again, it's just a demo, and a light one at that having no options to change and no instant replay at your control.

Guys are really gonna cite portraits as a problem at this point of the year?

placido-polanco--studio-portrait.jpg

LOL.. Ok, maybe I'm wrong, although that looks more like a baseball card than a mugshot to me... I know for a fact that the Tigers generally do theirs mid-March, and there's always the obligatory story in the Detroit News talking about how much the team hates having them done.

Archived