Mlb 2K10 Demo Impressions Thread

Trues

random observations as i play...

Seems pretty solid, yet to get any fielding glitches or whatnot.

i like how they let you choose the pitch and THEN use the rotation so you don't accidentally throw the wrong pitch.

graphics look great, unfortunately the default hitting camera is HORRIBLE but obviously i can change it when the real thing comes out.

one thing....they showed the next 3 hitters on the yankees coming up after we made 3 outs....lol

double plays look much much smoother...

a-rod just BOMBED a shot to right center, typical

does 2k sports understand the yankees don't allow players to have facial hair? brian bruney had a beard for like three freaking years and when they finally get it right he gets traded to the nationals. now nick johnson has the lumberjack thing going on.

overall, i like it so far and will play a few more games later to discuss anything else i might not have seen so far. i won 1-0 on the a-rod homer, gave up a single to ryan howard.

But just think, with competition The Show doesn't change from year to year, what'd happen with none?

Well I noticed change from 08 to 09, and we've all read about the changes for 2010 (including physics and play, not just visuals).

But even with that difference of opinion aside - The Show could never change again and it would take until 2K2024 for that game to catch up. ;)

Umm, when victorino singled and granderson fielded the ball, his running motion and body was taking him to prepare a throw to third base but the throw itself went to second. This is same crap as last year with slightly better collision detection.

lol CPU pitch selection is still terrible, lefty cutter up and away to righty batters and lefty changeup down & in to righty batters. I would love to see whether a pitcher will intentionally throw a curveball up and away or up and in to any batter. With 2K's track record, that prob will occur more often than not.

2K was using less than a full development cycle (~ 8 months) last year for this game being so crappy... but now that they've essentially had a full development cycle plus 8 months from the prior year, what exactly have they accomplished since MLB 2k8? these arent advanced issues that they're just seeing, games from late 90s (High Heat, Triple Play) didn't even have these issues. Why do they waste their time on unnecessary features like My Player rather than devote all their resources to actually making the gameplay better?

... Why do they waste their time on unnecessary features like My Player rather than devote all their resources to actually making the gameplay better?

Cause they wanna cater to the stupid kids that follow 2K Sports like it's a religion.. The game is built on a strange foundation ( weak graphics and physics engine ) and it's very obvious at this point.

Archived