These Pitching Controls Are Insane

LouisvilleLipp

The controls are absolutely fantastic for pitching. You'll get used to it quickly, just depends on the pitch. I can't throw a sinker for the life of me, but i'm nailing backdoor sliders right on the edge and elevating my FB at will.

Best pitching system ever.

Sean - It sounds like you are using the analog controls (i.e. the right stick) vs. the classic controls. I know that you said that you are primarily playing as a pitcher, but have you had a chance to try the analog controls for batting and fielding as well? If so, what are your impressions?

Sean - It sounds like you are using the analog controls (i.e. the right stick) vs. the classic controls. I know that you said that you are primarily playing as a pitcher, but have you had a chance to try the analog controls for batting and fielding as well? If so, what are your impressions?

Yeah, what he said :)

Fielding, no idea, I've played all of an inning of an actual game and only threw the ball once or twice. Seems similar to last year without the 1B bug.

Hitting actually seems nice; I've fouled off some tricky pitches with the defensive swing in my 5 or so ABs. And the batter's eye is a nice addition without being overwhelming.

I never purchased 2K9-Does this game have assisted play like MVP? I have gotten used to just throwing the ball, after the CPU fields it.

There is no auto or assisted fielding like in MVP. It's all manual in 2K9 and 2K10.

U can switch controls to allow the computer to control a fielder closest to the ball, on my controler its set up as my #2 button.Im using a logitech dual action as of today.

I don't have 2k10 yet for the PC but you could switch controls in 2k9 to allow the AI to field the ball...I have an X360 control and removed the manual field by hitting the "A" button, which I believe is similar to the #2 logitech button.

Thanks for the help. So every time the ball is hit you need to push whatever button you have chose for AI to do the fielding right?

You are correct,sir....Last year there was a blue circle around the manual fielder (don't know about 2k10) but when you hit the "whatever button" the circle would disappear and the AI would take over.

This didn't give you much time on a ball hit to the infield but that wasn't much of a problem for me as balls hit to the outfield and there it worked almost all the time....Improved my fielding, that's for sure. :)

Once the fielder had the ball in his glove, you then could use the controller for throwing.

I always used assisted fielding in MVP05 and had a really hard time adjusting to the fielding in 2k9 (especially with all the fielding bugs) but this year's is really good. The AI gives you some help in the fielding but doesn't do everything. So it kind of splits the difference between MVP05 assisted and 2k9. Personally I like it.

Archived