Sigs

LetsGoOakland

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little bit of constructive critisism. Your sigs and avatar look a little grainy. Is that an effect or a brush? Either way, a clean sharp looking brush looks better in my opinion. The old time sig with boudreau and feller is a great idea. But that text will probably only work with a sig like that. Hope that helped a little.

My advice to the guys who are beginners would be to look up some tutorials and practice doing some of that. Do this for a bit then find a style you like and then you can really get creative on your own and you can start messing around with a ton of different things.

Thanks for the comments guys. BigJay, theres a lot of layers involved in that sig. Heres how each one looks. Remember, these are in the opposite or on the actual sig, I just put them this way so you know what the steps are.

duplicate pic, motion blur, 69 pixels,64%

Picture

Duplicate Pic, gaussian blur 3 pixels, color burn 26% opacity

Duplicate ^^, overlay, 36%

Same as above, overlay, 27%

^^^,color dodge, 27%

duplicate, color burn, 19%

Duplicate color dodge, 38%

If you could follow any of that, I should look like something similar. I just play around with duplicate layers and stuff until it looks right. Hope that helped.

Hokieboy, that sig is one great piece of work. It looks very close to something KC would make. Great job! :wtg:

Just so you guys know, I'm working on finding a way to clean up the Marcelle font, and may even make a font similar to it w/o the marks.

-dan