LONGest at-Bat

hatebreeed

I had a 17 (Yes 17) pitch at bat a while ago. Weird thing was that it was in a total blowout, I was beating the Royals something like 10-1 and I just couldn't get a hit from it. Kept fouling things off. Ended up with an RBI single though. :D

Depends what you mean by stop counting, but I did keep track myself.

you know, the menu that shows the pitch history for the current and previous at-bats, i think it stops registering after 8 or 9 pitches for some reason. i had an 11 pitch at-bat once but not all of the pitches were on that history.

you know, the menu that shows the pitch history for the current and previous at-bats, i think it stops registering after 8 or 9 pitches for some reason. i had an 11 pitch at-bat once but not all of the pitches were on that history.

Ahh, yeah, I got you now. :)

• 2 months later...

I usually swing at everything pretty much, so I don't have any long at-bats. I just bumped the difficulty up to All-Star for a AAA game to see if I could hold my own on a higher difficulty level (I'm starting to own the CPU on Pro :mrgreen:) I just had an 8-pitch at-bat with Adam Hyzdu for Pawtucket against the Toledo Mud Hens. I actually didn't swing at everything for once and drew a walk to load the bases right in the middle of a scoring rally :lol: .

• 2 weeks later...

I had an at bat the other night that totally enthralled me. I had JUST tied the game 2-2 vs. the marlins. I was the Braves. I accidentally threw a pitch down the middle and someone jacked it for a homer at the top of the 9th. Now I was down 3-2 and new I may lose and be so mad. I had chipper come right up at the bottom of the 9th and he hit a triple. i was going nuts and started getting real nervous. the next guy two guys got out and then i pulled franco off the bench to pinch hit with him. i got a foul. i got a ball, and then i got a strike on me. i'm going nuts, i'm nervous, and then wouldn't you know it the next pitch BAM I jacked that sucker outta the park. I could not believe it. It was like I was in the playoffs. i LOVE this game.

Archived