Ronnie@2Ksports To Release Patch Notes Today!

Vikrant

It's a good start, but doesn't cover some major issues. Still no ejections for hitting batters - or anything else? No fixes for the injury or error issues? No mention of the issues some are facing with lack of commentary? No mention of the changes to the mentor text?

I seriously hope that list isn't complete, as Ron does say "I will have additional PC fixes when we get closer to release of that patch (should be shortly after release of the console patches)".

Lack of errors and injuries

For the patch we investigated all possible options for getting errors and injuries working properly but were not able to find a solution for the patch. There are limitations on what we can change in the game for the patches and this was too complicated and large of a change to implement. The proper fix for errors and injuries requires additional animations and we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch. Our team is currently working on implementing both errors and injuries into the game for the upcoming year.

I thought they had already established that injuries and errors were already in the game, similar to the classic controls, they just weren't being called correctly, and so didn't happen. Now they're not in the game at all, and it's just another "wait until next year" thing? Hugely disappointing.

At least check swings and the pitcher being removed at appropriate times are there now.

• Fixed batter batting without a bat.

...wut?

The fact that some of these bugs even made it into the game in the first place is scary, and definitely doesn't say much for their testers, or 2K's knowledge of baseball.

It's a good start, but doesn't cover some major issues. Still no ejections for hitting batters - or anything else? No fixes for the injury or error issues? No mention of the issues some are facing with lack of commentary? No mention of the changes to the mentor text?

I seriously hope that list isn't complete, as Ron does say "I will have additional PC fixes when we get closer to release of that patch (should be shortly after release of the console patches)".

I thought they had already established that injuries and errors were already in the game, similar to the classic controls, they just weren't being called correctly, and so didn't happen. Now they're not in the game at all, and it's just another "wait until next year" thing? Hugely disappointing.

At least check swings and the pitcher being removed at appropriate times are there now.

Agree Mark, injuries and errors not fixed is just flat out unacceptable. Remember last year, there were too many injuries and I think they did some "knee-jerk" programming this year and went too far in correcting that issue.

Oh well, not going to stop me from finishing my dynasty this year, but that not being fixed is pretty sad. That and Check swings were 2 big fixes I was looking for.

Agree Mark, injuries and errors not fixed is just flat out unacceptable. Remember last year, there were too many injuries and I think they did some "knee-jerk" programming this year and went too far in correcting that issue.

Yep, that's another thing that makes me think someone, somewhere, is lying about the animations not being in the game already. They were in 2K9. 2K10 is based on 2K9. They're not there in 2K10 - apparently. Unless they're openly admitting to 2 huge screw ups - 1 - removing injury and error animations from the game in the first place, and 2 - not coding 2K10 correctly to call them, at which time they would realise that the animations were missing - they're blatantly lying about the animations not existing in 2K10. Plus, some have said that they have seen some, although not many, errors and/or injuries, which, again, would indicate that there are at least some injury and error animations, meaning that all that has to be done is make them happen more often. Not exactly a huge task - just look at the internal change log for the code and tweak the numbers for how often injuries happen.

As for the "we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch" - why? Change the appropriate file(s) and package it with the patch. It's not difficult.

I hope the price for 2K11 goes down again in the same way as 2K9 did to compensate users for the poor offerings of past years. Won't make any difference at all to me, but it saddens me to think that some people have paid for this game - particularly the ones who bought it retail and not the $3 special.

Yep, that's another thing that makes me think someone, somewhere, is lying about the animations not being in the game already. They were in 2K9. 2K10 is based on 2K9. They're not there in 2K10 - apparently. Unless they're openly admitting to 2 huge screw ups - 1 - removing injury and error animations from the game in the first place, and 2 - not coding 2K10 correctly to call them, at which time they would realise that the animations were missing - they're blatantly lying about the animations not existing in 2K10. Plus, some have said that they have seen some, although not many, errors and/or injuries, which, again, would indicate that there are at least some injury and error animations, meaning that all that has to be done is make them happen more often. Not exactly a huge task - just look at the internal change log for the code and tweak the numbers for how often injuries happen.

As for the "we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch" - why? Change the appropriate file(s) and package it with the patch. It's not difficult.

I hope the price for 2K11 goes down again in the same way as 2K9 did to compensate users for the poor offerings of past years. Won't make any difference at all to me, but it saddens me to think that some people have paid for this game - particularly the ones who bought it retail and not the $3 special.

Agree 100% with everything you said. You know last year, the console owners were complaining about framerate issues something fierce. I remember the early Dev Interviews in which the Devs stressed that the framerate issue was much, much better in this years version. Well, I guess so because just look at all the "graphical" shortcuts that were taken in this year's game: Crowd not as detailed, tons of animations missing, real-time presentation is nowhere near as good as last year's, etc... Which brings me to my next point: I hate when they directly port a game over from console to the PC, which is what they did with 2K10. Don't short-change us PC users with spaghetti programming used on the console versions. If you're going to make a PC version, code and optimize it for the PC. Majority of PC gamers have rigs that can run the game at a decent framerate on medium to high settings.

Ok, got that off my chest... Need a beer now. :D

:lol: That's not a rant, if anything, that's a mild-mannered riposte to 2K for their epic failings.You are definitely right though. Perfect example: High Heat. How successful was that series? At the time, High Heat 2003 was the best baseball game anywhere in the world, hands down. It had everything. We'd look at it now and see all the glitches, the terrible graphics, and the stuttering audio, but back then, it was great because it had the feeling that it had been attended to, pored over, and made as good as possible by the devs. Then 3DO decided they needed to go next-gen with the graphics and made a console game, then ported it to PC. No mounse support. Terrible gameplay. Disorganised and user unfriendly menu system. Bugs, literally, everywhere. It was terrible. 3DO went bust soon after.

Either create a PC game for PC, or don't waste your, and everyone else's, time.

double switching is possible on PC

depending how u have ur controller set up.Heres how i do it on my controller

while i am out on the field

1 press the pov down

2 press the left bottom #7 bumper to choose player sub screen

3 scroll down to the person u want to double switch with.Usually the person who made the last out is who u will double switch with in most cases

4 press #2 button

5 scroll to double switch(it should be colored white now)

6 press #2 button

7 choose the pitcher

8 press #2

9 scroll to whatever bench player u want to put in

10 press #2 to select

go back in game ur position player should now be in the pitchers spot and the pitcher in the last person batted spot or whoever u double switched with

don,

I did try out your Double Switch method and it does, indeed, work as advertised!

Except it does not work after you pinch hit for the pitcher and then want to keep that pinch-hitter in the game. (example: Paul Maholm is up to bat in the 6th inning with 2 out and the bases full. I pinch hit with Andrew McCutchen (for sake of argument, let's say it was his "day off" since, obviously he should be in the starting lineup). Unfortunately, McCutchen grounds out to end the inning. The game then proceeds to go to it's "commercial break" and when it returns, there is McCutchen warming up on the mound. Trying your method of a double switch, you can not move McCutchen off the mound and into another position on the field. The game won't allow you to do it. You can make a double switch with someone else and another pitcher but you can't move McCutchen to the outfield. Kinda of sucks if you ask me.)

Let me know if I am wrong in this case, though, as I have not been able to figure out how to keep my pinch hitter in the game.

Great news! No more getting a double play ball close to 2nd and not being able to throw or anything. Im pretty happy to get the patch. The game is not perfect, but I am still having a great deal of fun with it and the patch will improve on it more. Thanks for the post and here's to getting this thing soon!

Ther are errors...just not enough of them. A couple of days ago, the Tigers made 2 errors against me. One of them was a guy missing a fly ball that he was standing under! I agree there should be a slider or something but we sure dont want the "wild pitch glitch" sort of thing. I think too many errors are worse by far than too few.

PitchLeague- You are absolutely correct. The whole point of a double switch is for the pinch hitter to stay in the game and play a position. According to posts on 2kSports.com, Ronnie has been informed about this bug. Just don't know why patch notes didn't address it. Does anyone know if double switch is working on console versions?

With all the problems in 2K10, I'm glad I didn't waste money on it. I expect gliches here and there in a PC game, but the thing that are messed up in 2K10 are just unacceptable. Oh well.... maybe they'll fix it in 2K11 or 2K12. More likely it won't be fixed until someone else comes up with a PC baseball game to compete with the 2K series. stat-o-matic anyone ? LOL :popcorn:

With all the problems in 2K10, I'm glad I didn't waste money on it. I expect gliches here and there in a PC game, but the thing that are messed up in 2K10 are just unacceptable. Oh well.... maybe they'll fix it in 2K11 or 2K12. More likely it won't be fixed until someone else comes up with a PC baseball game to compete with the 2K series. stat-o-matic anyone ? LOL :popcorn:

2k11 or 2k12 will probably force me to upgrade or buy a new computer. After PC patch is released and after I buy Ty's Roster Editor, I hope to make this game my baseball simulation for the next few years.

God, I miss High Heat 2004.

I was crucified and called a Sony fanboy for saying similar things about this game months ago. Now, the same people who crucified me for it are saying what I said months ago.

* shrugs *

You all know where the good baseball video game is. Actually, there's a few of 'em, but MLB 2Kwhatever isn't one of 'em.

Archived