Reasons Why I Won'T Be Purchasing Mlb 2K11.

mantis3

Have you ever heard of Mvp baseball or were you brought up in a sheltered environment? I mean this is a Mvp site. Ever hear of that?

My God.

I am not saying anymore. :mad: :mad:

I played Triple Play baseball (at the time, loved it), and MVP Baseball (amazing...shouldn't have stopped making), but face the fact that both games are dead. 2K is getting worse every year, I'm sorry.

I've only played in My Player mode but there are still 2 very big bugs that haven't been fixed:

#1 - Players still don't tag up properly. Fly ball to the warning track and the CPU player on 3rd is halfway down the line. By the time he tags up, he can't advance because he took too long to get back to the bag.

#2 - Pickoffs at 2nd base are still ridiculous. They supposedly fixed it so you don't get picked off second as much but they didn't fix it when one of your teammates is on second base. I have completed an entire 162 game season since the patch came out and I watched my teammates get picked off second base 123 times during those 162 games! That's just stupid.

These are just 2 of many things that are still wrong with my player. If they can't fix these, I have no faith in them ever fixing the game at all. At this point, I most likely won't be buying 2k11.

I played Triple Play baseball (at the time, loved it), and MVP Baseball (amazing...shouldn't have stopped making), but face the fact that both games are dead. 2K is getting worse every year, I'm sorry.

I agree that Triple Play is dead and 2K baseball isn't headed anywhere phenomenal, but MVP isn't dead yet. The only reason it isn't dead is cause of how much it can be customized with modifications to the datafile.txt.

it's so much easier to complain and do nothing about it. if you guys want the games better, do something about it. either get a job at these companies and make a better product or learn how to mod and make them better. the only reason these games "die" is because no one wants to take the time to do either. it's perfectly within your grasp to figure out how to mod these games. we used to get new modders on a weekly basis. now all we get are people who want everything done but aren't willing to learn. mvp is a perfectly moddable game. if you don't want it to die, start modding it.

it's so much easier to complain and do nothing about it. if you guys want the games better, do something about it. either get a job at these companies and make a better product or learn how to mod and make them better. the only reason these games "die" is because no one wants to take the time to do either. it's perfectly within your grasp to figure out how to mod these games. we used to get new modders on a weekly basis. now all we get are people who want everything done but aren't willing to learn. mvp is a perfectly moddable game. if you don't want it to die, start modding it.

But there's a huge difference updating models or textures for a stadium or uniform and creating new code to fix errors and bugs. Not devaluing that, since it's still not easy to created models or update them. In which a lot of complaints in this thread is about. And getting a job at these gaming companies, that a little ambiguous as seeing from what I've heard or seen, that it's hard to get into or be seen in this industry. I am a very very beginner programmer, or really I wouldn't even call myself a programmer. I've taken a class to learn some python and write some simple pseudo code as well, basic basic stuff, from that I can look at some scripting, like LUA (which is used in WOW UIs) and understand what I can change and get what, but again, it takes a bigger step to making a patch that fixes bugs.

But again, 2k Sports, it's their job to create games and make sure they aren't buggy, not the players job. I could careless about uniforms missing something small, or stadiums or w/e. I am only concerned about game play and it's misses the mark greatly in their games.

Like I said, I just can't wait for the exclusivity ends and 2K Sports baseball games don't sell and EA releases MVP '12/'13 or w/e they will call it.

This community just isn't that huge compared to other games where you get a lot of those unofficial patches and thus you can see that since this site asks for donations for downloading mods, which I totally understand and ain't complaining at all. They are great mods.

But again, 2k Sports, it's their job to create games and make sure they aren't buggy, not the players job. I could careless about uniforms missing something small, or stadiums or w/e. I am only concerned about game play and it's misses the mark greatly in their games.

This is what it is. The developers are paid to do something. Maybe they're not being paid enough. Maybe they're getting paid enough, but they're lazy and / or just don't care about making a good baseball game.

But there's a huge difference updating models or textures for a stadium or uniform and creating new code to fix errors and bugs. Not devaluing that, since it's still not easy to created models or update them. In which a lot of complaints in this thread is about. And getting a job at these gaming companies, that a little ambiguous as seeing from what I've heard or seen, that it's hard to get into or be seen in this industry. I am a very very beginner programmer, or really I wouldn't even call myself a programmer. I've taken a class to learn some python and write some simple pseudo code as well, basic basic stuff, from that I can look at some scripting, like LUA (which is used in WOW UIs) and understand what I can change and get what, but again, it takes a bigger step to making a patch that fixes bugs.

Like I said, I just can't wait for the exclusivity ends and 2K Sports baseball games don't sell and EA releases MVP '12/'13 or w/e they will call it.

This community just isn't that huge compared to other games where you get a lot of those unofficial patches and thus you can see that since this site asks for donations for downloading mods, which I totally understand and ain't complaining at all. They are great mods.

you are correct. and you don't have to support these companies by simply not buying their crap. again, my point wasn't necessarily to get a job a 2k. my point is that if you want something done, you need to be willing to do something about it. idle complaining gets you nowhere.

2k isn't much of an option, which really only leaves mvp as far as i'm concerned. this community isn't as big compared to other games because whether you agree with them or not, a lot of people have moved onto other options like 2k and the show. but it's also not that huge compared to other games because, again, almost nobody is willing to learn how to mod it. a community like this doesn't work if users are only here to download and not contribute. it's like i said, this is mvpmods. we mod mvp baseball...and yet most of us don't. so if you don't like something, i'm just saying that you have plenty of opportunity to do something about it. if all you want to do is complain, well you can see what that gets you.

Archived