Roger Clemens Charged With Perjury

baseballfans

'You and I' would do time without a doubt, Clemens won't see a second of jail time. I mean after all, in professional sports you can get away with punching someone in the face (brawls on national t.v., nonetheless) and the only infraction you're hit with is a fine. Again, 'you and I' would be locked up without a single hint of hesitation. 

I've never understood this double standard in the general laws of our country, but it's been this way as long as I can remember.

I don't see it changing any time soon.

'You and I' would do time without a doubt, Clemens won't see a second of jail time. I mean after all, in professional sports you can get away with punching someone in the face (brawls on national t.v., nonetheless) and the only infraction you're hit with is a fine. Again, 'you and I' would be locked up without a single hint of hesitation. 

You and I as you said Joe would surely do jail time because we don't have the money it requires to keep us out of jail. Example? The OJ case in the 1990's. OJ got away with it not because he was innocent but because he had the money to buy the best available defense attorneys to get him off the hook.

Is this different than the Clemens case? Sure, but the similarity is that a whole lot of money helped out OJ and a whole lot of money is going to help out Clemens right here.

Hall of Fame voters wouldn’t support Clemens

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvKYNpM9ajhgjeQ8MrLsBNkRvLYF?slug=tsn-166032

“I do not plan on voting for anyone that I am convinced was a cheater,” Sporting News baseball columnist Stan McNeal said. “I am convinced he used performance-enhancing drugs, and that makes him a cheater.”

“ ‘Hall of Fame’ and ‘cheating’ don’t belong in the same sentence,” senior editor Carl Moritz said. ...see article for rest

Hall of Fame voters wouldn’t support Clemens

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvKYNpM9ajhgjeQ8MrLsBNkRvLYF?slug=tsn-166032

“I do not plan on voting for anyone that I am convinced was a cheater,” Sporting News baseball columnist Stan McNeal said. “I am convinced he used performance-enhancing drugs, and that makes him a cheater.”

“ ‘Hall of Fame’ and ‘cheating’ don’t belong in the same sentence,” senior editor Carl Moritz said. ...see article for rest

That is until Sporting News and other voting committees receive a gracious donation from the Clemens Foundation...then the votes may sway

Then Carl Moritz doesn't know baseball. Cheating has gone on in baseball since they've been playing the games. What the hell does he think it is when other teams steal signs from the opponents? That's an accepted form of cheating. Charlie Dressen, the old Dodger manager was so good at it he was a legend. It was something to be proud of. Gaylord Perry was accused of the spitball and only came clean after he retired. He wasn't the first pitcher to come clean about this after his playing days were over. Preacher Roe did the same thing after retiring from the game. Again, this was cheating and this was and still is a part of the game.

That is until Sporting News and other voting committees receive a gracious donation from the Clemens Foundation...then the votes may sway

I would not doubt this at all. Money opens up a lot of doors and forgives a lot of sins.

Clemens' testimony that he had NEVER used PED

His statement that McNamee injected him with the painkiller lidocaine;

His statement that team trainers gave him pain injections;

His statement that he received many vitamin B-12 injections;

His statement that he never discussed HGH with Brian McNamee;

His statement that he was not at then-teammate Jose Canseco's home during a party which took place in early June 1998; and

His statement that he was never told about George Mitchell's request to speak to him prior to the release of the Mitchell Report.

Supposedly the Govt had a picture to prove Rocket was at Canseco party. cansecopoolparty.jpg

Archived