MVPMods Community Gathering

Trues

stecropper came up with this idea, so all props go to him. :)

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in some type of MVPmods community gathering.

Even though we've had some rough times here, I still feel we have a pretty close knit group of regulars. I think it's a great idea and think it would be a blast if we can get enough people to commit.

Here's some of the ideas that stecropper came up with.....

A) Fri Aug 19th - Mon 21st / 3-Day Cruise from Miami to Nassau in the Bahamas on Carnivals Fascination Ship --- Starts at $220 per person for inside cabin / $260 per person for Outside cabin & $550 per person for Suite with Balcony --- Port Charges would be an additional $123 per person.

*** San Diego is in town on Thursday Night to play the Marlins the night before the Cruise departs and Los Angeles Dodgers are in town the Monday the Cruise returns. It returns at 8AM on Monday and game time is 1:05PM which would be plenty of time to make it.

B) Sat Aug 27th - Thurs Sept 1st / 5-Day Cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel & Costa Maya, Mexico on Carnivals Sensation Ship --- Starts at $300 per person for inside cabin / $360 per person for Outside cabin & $760 per person for Suite with Balcony --- Port Charges would be an additional $143 per person

*** No Major League Team in New Orleans but the AAA Iowa Cubs are in Town to play the New Orleans Zephyrs AAA franchise of the new Washington Nationals this year (last year they were the Astros AAA farm team) on the Friday night before departure. The Zephrys have a very very nice Stadium - near Major League quality and large attendance. I know one of the majority owners of the Zephyrs and I am certain we could have somethings special done for us. There is a swimming pool area on the levee in Right Field we might be able to get for free. The Stadium is on the Mississippi River. Then there is always the many other things a visit to New Orleans can offer on the front end or back end of a Cruise.

C) We can always select to just have the Gathering in any Major League City at a Hotel scheduled around a ballgame or two as an option. But the beauty of a Cruise is that all Food is included and when you add up transportation and hotel expenses even for only a couple days in Major Cities like New York then the Cruise becomes a much better value and experience. Plus the Cruise line will provide us a special meeting room to hold a MVP Tournament or for any other reason we see fit if we have a fair number in our Group.

***These Cruise Prices could be even lower depending on the number of MVPModders joining us. Especially if there are those that are willing to share cabins. Obviously, these will also be available to Spouses, Family members and Friends of the MVPMods Group. For Cabins with a 3rd & 4th person in them the prices are actually lower than those I stated above. Above I stated prices based on two people per cabin.

----------------------------

These are all great ideas, Personally, I'd vote for meeting in Chicago and spending a few days at Wrigley. :)

stecropper's wife happens to run a travel agency and has offered to help setting this up so major props to her as well. :)

Well, we wanted to throw this out there to see what kind of reaction we'd get. Is this something you'd all be interested in?

Please voice your opinins and ideas here.

Thanks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the process of selling my house right now, so that might be kind of tough :)

Write it into the selling contract.

"OK, here are the keys, but remember the MVPMods.com house party is coming on the 20th, so make sure to remove your valuables."

"What? But we didn't..."

"It's in the contract. If you want to cancel it, feel free, but you'll be hearing from my lawyer."

I like it... :lol:

Write it into the selling contract.

"OK, here are the keys, but remember the MVPMods.com house party is coming on the 20th, so make sure to remove your valuables."

"What? But we didn't..."

"It's in the contract. If you want to cancel it, feel free, but you'll be hearing from my lawyer."

I like it... :lol:

lol...Sounds like a plan.

Trues ..... I will try to keep a RUNNING TALLY:

INTERESTED:

.... bigbully

.... olyrunner

.... Trues

.... stecropper

LIKE IDEA BUT PARTICIPATION QUESTIONABLE:

.... MooseKnuckle

.... Tribetime26

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE:

.... Cloutier39

.... MarkBTheYankee

TERRIBLE IDEA:

.... (No Responses as of Yet)

*****OTHER VENUE SUGGESTIONS*****:

1) Wrigley Field in Chicago

2) Picnic @ Trues House

3) Aurora, Ohio

baseballfanatik9 - Absolutely Your Parents and Siblings can come along with any Friends that might be interested as well.

If we conduct a MVP Tournament that might be restricted to only active MVPModders but Trues can make that call ....... perhaps we could have one for ONLY MVPModders and one for Friends of MVPModders !!!!

Trues - I liked that Picnic Joke idea - Did Not You? Check with the Wife - I am sure she would be delighted with that idea ! ---- I think we can make room for a little humor in this adventure - What Say You?

five,

Glad to hear of your potential interest. I "Think" the typical way of doing this is that a Refundable Deposit ( estimate of around $25 ) is needed whenever you sign up to participate to save the spot then payments can be made toward the total as one best needs to over time. Then at a certain point (like 2 weeks before the date of the event) the balance has to be paid or the Deposit/Payments can be refunded. After a certain date close to the event if one cancels out then I think the Deposit ONLY is forfeited but any additional payments made are refundable at that time. Real flexible in my opinion but this description should only be taken as an example as depending on what the Group would decide to do these arrangements could change. Plus I am not the authority on this - My Wife Is - actually she is on this and everything else for that matter !!!

I don't know how many people are old enough to do something like this. I certainly am, but I am not interested in Miami or New Orleans myself. It's a good idea and I would be willing to do something, but Cincinnati would be the sweet spot for me. :D

I'll see what you guys come up with, but I work a lot, so it might be hard.

RUNNING TALLY:

INTERESTED:

.... bigbully

.... olyrunner

.... Trues

.... stecropper

.... baseballfanatik9 (& Family)

.... five

.... Goldensuitcase

LIKE IDEA BUT PARTICIPATION QUESTIONABLE:

.... MooseKnuckle

.... Tribetime26

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE:

.... Cloutier39

.... MarkBTheYankee

TERRIBLE IDEA:

.... (No Responses as of Yet)

*****OTHER VENUE SUGGESTIONS*****:

1) Wrigley Field in Chicago

2) Picnic @ Trues House

3) Aurora, Ohio

4) Picnic in Norway

5) Cincinnati

What might be a good idea is to contact rglass from the TPG board and ask him to create a map, similar to the one created for the High Heat board and TPG that will show the location of the board members.

From this you can see how many users are at which part of the USA, so if 60% of the users are based in or around the north-east area of the US, you could plan a location on the eastern side of the USA to mean as little travel time as possible for most people.

You might need to see the map to see what I mean, but it makes sense in my head at least. :D

Goldensuitcase,

The only reason we thought of a Cruise or a Hotel type stay in a Major League city was to possibly provide an environment where we could conduct a MVP Tournament and mingle a good bit. The Cruise with it providing all the food & meeting room probably is a better price performer than a Hotel stay in a Major City but that would obviously depend on the City. All ideas are open and the ultimate purpose is to find the most suitable arrangement for those that are interested in gathering and meeting each other. The MVP Tournament is not a must but was just one idea of what activities the Group would probably enjoy.

Archived