.... five

.... Goldensuitcase

.... The H

.... Kccitystar

.... FuzZone

LIKE IDEA BUT PARTICIPATION QUESTIONABLE:

.... MooseKnuckle

.... Tribetime26

.... Yankee4Life ( will schedule Vacation appropriately in 2006 )

.... Snash13

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE:

.... Cloutier39

.... MarkBTheYankee

.... Cubsfaninfla

.... Yankeex Dev ( 2012 )

.... emil2569 ( 2011 )

.... TribeTime26 ( 2012 or 2005 in Ohio )

.... NYM91 ( Good to Go for 2013 )

.... JoltinJoeCarter

TERRIBLE IDEA:

.... (No Responses as of Yet)

*****OTHER VENUE SUGGESTIONS*****:

1) Wrigley Field in Chicago

2) Picnic @ Trues House

3) Aurora, Ohio

4) Picnic in Norway

5) Cincinnati

6) Cruise out of Big Apple

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trues, stecropper -- u ever seen that movie EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS 1 or 2? It's about a band. It came out in the 80s.

Yeah, I seen the first one. I was into heavy metal in the 80's though so that movie didn't do much for me. :)

Never saw those Movies .......... But my Music heritage goes back with my brother who was inducted in the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame. He played with Vince Vance and the Valiants; Edgar Winters White Trash; Chase; backed up Sam & Dave. Actually was on the Carson show once.

I was only their valet. Setting up the gear, working the lights and driving the bus. Also, taking care of the Ladies while they were performing ( I enjoyed that part ). My music talents were extremely limited. I couldn't even play the radio but I did know how to play the Ladies. They fired me after they found out how good I actually was!!!

His reason for being in the Louisiana Hall of Fame was because of being in a group called Blue Eyed Soul of the "Boogie Kings". Renowned Band from Louisiana that toured the World in the '60s.

We focused mostly on Soul music at the time but a lot of Rock and Roll as well. After getting busted I joined the Marines. BTW - We actually made the Walter Cronkite nightly news in '68 when he announced to the world that a "Large Family Drug Ring in Louisiana was Busted". It was My Brother, My Uncle, My Cousin, & I. BIG NEWS at the time but happy to say no charges stuck as My Dad used up all his political chips in Louisiana and everything ended up OK for us. Lost many friends though through that fiasco as their parents didn't allow them to hang with me after that.

Other than being implicated in a Federal Arrest for stealing 180 cases of beer from a Railroad Train along with several of my baseball teammates at the time my Life has been pretty much on the straight and narrow thereafter. Needless to say we didn't make it to the State Playoffs that year. I guess joining the Marines for 6 years shortly there after helped out afterall.

I do have a couple other bits of interesting things but will save it for our time together. And NO Steve Cropper is not my Brother !!!

Oh, the only reason they caught us with the 180 cases of Beer was because we couldn't drink it all, no matter how hard we tried, so one of my teammates got the bright idea of using it for target practice on the levee before practice one day. There we were - tossing up Beers and shoting them with shot guns and didn't even notice the State Police riding on the Levee watching us having so much fun ............. needless to say we didn't make it to practice that day. Actually, I wasn't going to practice that day anyway because I had been suspended the day before at practice when I mis judged a fly ball to center ----- when I fell my beer in my back pocket spilled all over my head and as I sat in center trying to salvage the last remaining drops my coach told me it would be best for me to take a couple days off. So that is why we went back to the Levee the next day in the first place.

Oh, the only reason they caught us with the 180 cases of Beer was because we couldn't drink it all, no matter how hard we tried, so one of my teammates got the bright idea of using it for target practice on the levee before practice one day. There we were - tossing up Beers and shoting them with shot guns and didn't even notice the State Police riding on the Levee watching us having so much fun ............. needless to say we didn't make it to practice that day. Actually, I wasn't going to practice that day anyway because I had been suspended the day before at practice when I mis judged a fly ball to center ----- when I fell my beer in my back pocket spilled all over my head and as I sat in center trying to salvage the last remaining drops my coach told me it would be best for me to take a couple days off. So that is why we went back to the Levee the next day in the first place.
huh, save those stories when we get on the boat bro

True story .......... in the mid '60s my brothers band The Boogie Kings did a lot of traveling gigs between New Orleans and Houston. There was a young girl from the Beaumont area that sat in with us a few nights in hope of joining the Band. This chick was SOME GOOD .... I mean she could just flat out whale out a song ......... but she was really sort of a nasty kinda chick and couldn't stay out of the back seat of the buses with adoring admirers of her musical talents along with other talents she possessed and enjoyed exercising .......... PLUS She was Damn Ugly at that ----- so we had to ask her to find another gig .......... this chick was Janis Joplin !!!

RUNNING TALLY:

INTERESTED:

.... bigbully

.... olyrunner

.... Trues

.... stecropper

.... baseballfanatik9 (& Family)

.... five

.... Goldensuitcase

.... The H

.... Kccitystar

.... FuzZone

LIKE IDEA BUT PARTICIPATION QUESTIONABLE:

.... MooseKnuckle

.... Tribetime26

.... Yankee4Life ( will schedule Vacation appropriately in 2006 )

.... Snash13

UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE:

.... Cloutier39

.... MarkBTheYankee

.... Cubsfaninfla

.... YankeexDev ( 2012 )

.... emil2569 ( 2011 )

.... TribeTime26 ( 2012 or 2005 in Ohio )

.... NYM91 ( Good to Go for 2013 )

.... JoltinJoeCarter

TERRIBLE IDEA:

.... (No Responses as of Yet)

*****OTHER VENUE SUGGESTIONS*****:

1) Wrigley Field in Chicago

2) Picnic @ Trues House

3) Aurora, Ohio

4) Picnic in Norway

5) Cincinnati

6) Cruise out of Big Apple

Mets86 & ajwines,

No minimum requirement on time as an MVPModder to join the gathering. Since it is projected to be in Aug You will be a long timer by then. Hang around a few days and You will see the really diverse and helpful group of MVPModders around here. Until then I will put each of you down as possibilities of participating in our MVPMods Community Gathering. Then after a few days if you think it is something you would enjoy then just let us know and we will move you to the Interested category.

Welcome & Enjoy,

Don

New Orleans

I think I recall a former Member named Mets86 or something close to that anyway - not that you are that person - but just to let you know why the possible questioning of your length of time here.

Mets86 & ajwines,

No minimum requirement on time as an MVPModder to join the gathering. Since it is projected to be in Aug You will be a long timer by then. Hang around a few days and You will see the really diverse and helpful group of MVPModders around here. Until then I will put each of you down as possibilities of participating in our MVPMods Community Gathering. Then after a few days if you think it is something you would enjoy then just let us know and we will move you to the Interested category.

Welcome & Enjoy,

Don

New Orleans

I think I recall a former Member named Mets86 or something close to that anyway - not that you are that person - but just to let you know why the possible questioning of your length of time here.

Sounds good Don.

Archived