MVPMods Community Gathering

Trues

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unless you guys come somewhere like 5 miles within my house I doubt I can make it... my parents would never let me do something like that. I'm no doubt the youngest member and definately modder on the site.

everquest people meet and end up like one huge disfunctional family, we would need to meet and stay funtional. good discounts do come with large groups so the more in the less it would be...the only (un)constant for everybody would be travel to the venue costs...with gas prices as they are, oh boy, but there were some good ideas mentioned early on in the thread

I would be interested, mainly if its at Wrigley as I'm only 100 miles away. If I get a decent job I could do the cruise thing I guess. I don't really know people enough here to really want to drive 1000 miles to Miami to then do a cruise, but I might do it. Plus I know a guy in Tampa.. well.. 'a guy', he owns the largest electric company in Florida, so I could go there first and see a few DRays games I guess. But you can put me down for interested if its at Wrigley, and slightly interested in the rest of the situations.

I think it sounds like a cool idea. However, it will never work.

Sooner or later someone would say something he didn't like and MarkBTheYankee would start kicking people off the boat.

By the time the trip was over, he would be the only one left.

HP

I would be interested, mainly if its at Wrigley as I'm only 100 miles away. If I get a decent job I could do the cruise thing I guess. I don't really know people enough here to really want to drive 1000 miles to Miami to then do a cruise, but I might do it. Plus I know a guy in Tampa.. well.. 'a guy', he owns the largest electric company in Florida, so I could go there first and see a few DRays games I guess. But you can put me down for interested if its at Wrigley, and slightly interested in the rest of the situations.

He owns FPL?

I think it sounds like a cool idea. However, it will never work.

Sooner or later someone would say something he didn't like and MarkBTheYankee would start kicking people off the boat.

By the time the trip was over, he would be the only one left.

HP

Really? And why would I do that?

You don't know me. You don't know anything about me. Check yourself before you type.

• 1 month later...

guys... I have this great spot. There's an All-American Amateur Baseball Association (AAABA) tournament in Johnstown, PA. I'll try to get the dates. Here's what happens: some amateurs from teams all over the eastern half of the country, some as far as New Orleans, come to the city for a week or so to play in a big 16-team tournament. The tickets go for like $5-10, which is not bad, considering you get to see REALLY great baseball. They play all around the area, some games are in community parks while others are played at the city stadium, Point Stadium. It is a historical ballpark, aging way back to the 20s. Even Joe Torre and Babe Ruth played in the tourney! Anyway, renovations are kinda half done, so the stadium is still not in top condition. The wall is done - a big "Green Monster" in left field - as well as new bleachers in the outfield. The rest of the stadium will not be done until next year because funding for the $7.5 million renovation came late. It's a great place to be, the city's great, and there's lots of other stuff to do. There are hotels within walking distance of the park. How's about it? I'd be there.

i'm all for it!!! that would be a fun time to meet up with our fellow modders!!

how about palm beach, next to the breakers? great hotel, but it will cost alot.

or mabye we can all gather when the next hurricane comes rolling into florida, we can rent out a shelter somewhere in south flordia...just mvpmodders in there. but i'm not sure that the red cross will copperate. i mean, we may lose power, but if we get a generator, we can have mvp touraments for days and do mods and other stuff...like we can go outside anyway... :twisted:

• 2 months later...

Ah, just come over to my house. We'll have the spam section where spammers hang :chin: and the fighters section where arguments can be had :mad::mad: and then we'll have the goof offs chilling :doh: . Atlanta, Ga. Not too far. Ha.

guys... I have this great spot. There's an All-American Amateur Baseball Association (AAABA) tournament in Johnstown, PA. I'll try to get the dates. Here's what happens: some amateurs from teams all over the eastern half of the country, some as far as New Orleans, come to the city for a week or so to play in a big 16-team tournament. The tickets go for like $5-10, which is not bad, considering you get to see REALLY great baseball. They play all around the area, some games are in community parks while others are played at the city stadium, Point Stadium. It is a historical ballpark, aging way back to the 20s. Even Joe Torre and Babe Ruth played in the tourney! Anyway, renovations are kinda half done, so the stadium is still not in top condition. The wall is done - a big "Green Monster" in left field - as well as new bleachers in the outfield. The rest of the stadium will not be done until next year because funding for the $7.5 million renovation came late. It's a great place to be, the city's great, and there's lots of other stuff to do. There are hotels within walking distance of the park. How's about it? I'd be there.

Hey man, I am all for this. I'm taken back by how nobody cares about this...this is awesome.

Archived