Jr26'S Dynasty Templates

JoeRudi26

As promised through pm's and random posts, I'm putting together a package of templates (new and old) that I have used in the past to be uploaded here at Mods. Obviously there's less traffic in the dynasty forums than there has been in the past, but with a little work, those that are interested in presenting a dynasty can in fact use the PSD's to change them around for whatever sport they desire.

From going through my total collection the past few days, it's become painfully clear that renaming and organizing the layers is going to take some time. More often than not, the templates contain 50+ layers, with some topping out at near 200, maybe more. The idea of sharing them with the site at that time didn't come to mind, therefore I had no need to properly organize the PSD's, they were simply for my own use.

However, and in the last few days, I've managed to clean up a couple of the most recent templates I completed, and after opening them up in Photoshop, it was no surprise that it took as long as it did to get them organized. Between work and family, I can see that this is going to be somewhat of a time consuming task. One that I'm willing to labor through, as uploading them the way they are may be more confusing than not. 90% of the layers on most all of the templates aren't even named, as are some layers in the pallet aren't even used.

I guess my whole point is, for as long as it's going to take to get the templates organized, I really just wanted some feedback as to whether there will be enough interest in the first place. If so, I'll be happy to go through them.

Here's a sample of the three I have completed so far, a couple of these have already been sent to certain members of the site:

Keep in mind, the whole purpose of releasing these as a package is to save time sending them to personal accounts, that of which I've done in the past with no problem, it's just much more time consuming. If there's enough interest, I'll continue to post screen shots in hopes of narrowing down which ones people would possibly want more than others.

Jay, if you still have them, I would suggest that you post some of the older templates that you had used when presenting your A's dynasty. They may not have as many details as some of your newer ones do, yet they are still quite appealing and conveys the message quickly and to the point.

The ones from 2006.

I looked around for some of those that I made in 2006, and for the life of me can't find any of the CD's I saved them on. It's possible I may even tossed them. To be quite honest, about the only one's I even remember making were the player cards, similar to the one's I made for the 2007 Cub's season, but of course they were green and gold.

Anyway, I'll keep looking, I'm curious now as to what I even made that year.

very nice work JR! i wish you worked for the non-profit i volunteer for. they could use this kind of digital art. i can attest how difficult your work is. i've tried reproducing some of it, and it's an absolute nightmare :) there's a lot of things you do that i'm able to do, but there's a ton of effects where i've been baffled as to how you got them.

you ever do much work in illustrator? i need to start learning that because i get to work on a mascot next.

very nice work JR!  i wish you worked for the non-profit i volunteer for.  they could use this kind of digital art.   i can attest how difficult your work is.  i've tried reproducing some of it, and it's an absolute nightmare :)  there's a lot of things you do that i'm able to do, but there's a ton of effects where i've been baffled as to how you got them.

you ever do much work in illustrator?  i need to start learning that because i get to work on a mascot next.

Thanks for the kind words Homer, much appreciated. 

I'm actually starting to land jobs (within our own company) doing some graphic design work. A a matter of fact, I just landed a "Book Cover" for an old shipping company in Norway. 1 page, 10 hours, for 1,000 US Dollars.   :o   I'm finding out that these guys make up to and over 300 dollars an hour for work that I know that I can do better. I've seen some of it.

By no means am I trying to gloat, I'm just blown away that I haven't done this type of work until the last few months, it's incredible what people (big companies, especially) are willing to pay for quality art work.

Here's a flag I have been working on today from scratch, which will be a small graphic for the cover:

Their existing graphic:

My work in progress:

But to answer your question, I've never worked in illustrator, but with things going the way they're starting to go, I'm sure I'll have to give it some attention. What makes it so nice is that I absolutely love doing it, which in turn kind of makes things easy. The more I'm in Photoshop, the happier I am, and with the way things are starting to turn out, I'm getting pretty damn excited. :)

I just had to chime in here again. After looking at those templates I made back in 2006, I really just realized there's hardly any artwork on them at all. They're mostly cutouts and placement of pics and text.

Strange to compare after all these years, that's for sure.

I was lost. I remember not even knowing how to put a stroke (border) on a pic. That tool box drove me crazy.

I think we were all there at one point or another. You should see how terrible some of the cyber faces I made in 2006-2007 were. I look at them and cringe.

Heres a template I came up with when I was thinking about starting a Royals Dynasty. I had traded Jesus, and Butler to the Giants for Sandoval, and Uribe. Then Kendall to the Pirates for Doumit. I also traded for Freddie Garcia from the White Sox.

Royals_Template.jpg

Archived