Official Impressions Thread

Trues

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first few quick impressions:

animations are much nicer...parks look better...hitting is HARD, mostly due to the pitcher being closer, seems like the pitch is harder to read...players heads are WAY too big!....pitching is much nicer with the variable stuff, blown calls and tighter meter....looks like they dropped the ball a bit on rosters, not alot of minor league guys even though they have played a major league game so they SHOULD be licensed and in the game.....thats it for now.

overall...seems pretty cool.

Quick impressions so far -

Pitcher covers first base nicely, and you can hit him on the move, and he will finish going to the bag.

The colroing of pitches is very nicely done. Now I can see what pitch is coming much earlier, but the hitting is still difficult, with the picther being "closer."

Fielding sucks with the default views. I need to start editing the datafile.

New swing-and-miss animiations look very realistic.

Saw a new fielding animation where an infielder boots the ball, it rolls away SLIGHTLY, and he still has time to pick it up.

I'm not sure how I will use the batter moving in the box. Not sure it really accomplishes anything.

For some reason, the deafult button for the relay man was switched from the top right shoulder to the bottom right shoulder. What's worse is that when you change it, it doesn't work at all.

More to come

uh... the create a stadium feature is alrite.. but u have you can't start a dynasty and then build a stadium... it sucks... owner mode is hard u start off with like 20 thousand in losing revenue... uh... when ur doing ur lineups it doesn't show attributes or when ur doign call ups, it shows up stamina which stinks... im not overly impressed with the game...

Is there a Classic Yankee Stadium?!

Is there?

Because that would be just lovely!

Not that I see. Here are some they give you (team and years played there)

Astros from 1965-1999 (Astrodome)

Reds from 1970-2002 (Cinergy Field, name not given though)

Indians from 1932-1993 (Memorial Stadium, name not given though)

Reds from 1912-1970 (Crosley Field)

Red Sox from 1912-Present (Classic Fenway)

Pirates from 1909-1970 (? - too lazy to look it up right now)

Senators from 1903-1961 (? - too lazy to look it up right now)

Expos from 2003-2004 (Hiram Bithorn Stadium, name not given)

Twins from 1961-1981 (? - I don't remember the name)

Expos from 1977-2004 (Olympic Stadium, name not given)

Padres from 1969-2003 (Qualcomm Stadium)

A's from 1909-1954 (? - too lazy)

Cardinals from 1920-1966 (? - too lazy)

Tigers from 1912-1999 (Tiger Stadium, name not given)

Phillies from 1971-1999 (Veterans Stadium)

So it does not appear it is in the game, sorry.

SF

PC:

Right now, I'm in my office... and I'm playing the game on a 'kind of crappy' PC that has an XP 2500, a Radeon 9600 SE 128MB and 512MB. The first time I loaded the game, it was A CHOPPINESS GALLORE!... but don't despair, hehe... after adjusting the ATI drivers options to make it 2x AA, 2x AF, Vsync ON and a refresh rate of 75Hz (maximum supported by this LCD), the game ran much, much, much better... almost 'silky smooth', really... but this is a really POS vidcard, so I'm sure with any other one, that 'smoothness' level can be easily achieved. As soon as I'm back at home, I'll test the game in my 3 PCs... I'll be able to provide a more detailed report on its performance.

Now, feature wise... the game has TONS of stuff to mess around... and that was a really pleasant surprise. There's a whole array of new animations and the older ones are now more polished and they simply look great. The player models have more textures this year (the known cyberfaces look incredibly reallistic now, with only a few exceptions... and the 'john doe' ones, are way, way better too). The uniforms really need to be modded... they look good, but nothing compared to the wonders we're used to have from guys like KC, Moser, Umachines and others (sorry, but I'm a little 'slow' today and can't remember other names). Stadiums will definitely required modding too, but at least the grass texture looks more 'reallistic' this time around... I wouldn't replace it at all (at least in the 5 different stadiums I played).

I also bought the XBOX version (Live! goodness), but I don't think I'll touch it until the weekend... but if I decide to do it before, I'll provide a brief report of how it looks and performs in that platform.

Not that I see. Here are some they give you (team and years played there)

Astros from 1965-1999 (Astrodome)

Reds from 1970-2002 (Cinergy Field, name not given though)

Indians from 1932-1993 (Memorial Stadium, name not given though)

Reds from 1912-1970 (Crosley Field)

Red Sox from 1912-Present (Classic Fenway)

Pirates from 1909-1970 (? - too lazy to look it up right now)

Senators from 1903-1961 (? - too lazy to look it up right now)

Expos from 2003-2004 (Hiram Bithorn Stadium, name not given)

Twins from 1961-1981 (? - I don't remember the name)

Expos from 1977-2004 (Olympic Stadium, name not given)

Padres from 1969-2003 (Qualcomm Stadium)

A's from 1909-1954 (? - too lazy)

Cardinals from 1920-1966 (? - too lazy)

Tigers from 1912-1999 (Tiger Stadium, name not given)

Phillies from 1971-1999 (Veterans Stadium)

So it does not appear it is in the game, sorry.

SF

Thanx for the info.

PC:

Right now, I'm in my office... and I'm playing the game on a 'kind of crappy' PC that has an XP 2500, a Radeon 9600 SE 128MB and 512MB. The first time I loaded the game, it was A CHOPPINESS GALLORE!... but don't despair, hehe... after adjusting the ATI drivers options to make it 2x AA, 2x AF, Vsync ON and a refresh rate of 75Hz (maximum supported by this LCD), the game ran much, much, much better... almost 'silky smooth', really... but this is a really POS vidcard, so I'm sure with any other one, that 'smoothness' level can be easily achieved. As soon as I'm back at home, I'll test the game in my 3 PCs... I'll be able to provide a more detailed report on its performance.

Now, feature wise... the game has TONS of stuff to mess around... and that was a really pleasant surprise. There's a whole array of new animations and the older ones are now more polished and they simply look great. The player models have more textures this year (the known cyberfaces look incredibly reallistic now, with only a few exceptions... and the 'john doe' ones, are way, way better too). The uniforms really need to be modded... they look good, but nothing compared to the wonders we're used to have from guys like KC, Moser, Umachines and others (sorry, but I'm a little 'slow' today and can't remember other names). Stadiums will definitely required modding too, but at least the grass texture looks more 'reallistic' this time around... I wouldn't replace it at all (at least in the 5 different stadiums I played).

I also bought the XBOX version (Live! goodness), but I don't think I'll touch it until the weekend... but if I decide to do it before, I'll provide a brief report of how it looks and performs in that platform.

What does 2X AA and 2X AF mean? Cause I'm definitely experiencing some major choppiness, and I definitely want to do anything I can about it.

okay...biggest buzzkill for me so far (besides the big heads) is the REALLY bad commentary!

(Randy Johnson is pitching) "this guy doesnt strike people out much"

(Jeter batting) "this guy wont win any batting titles"

ugh

Yeah, it's all random.

A AAA call-up gets a hit and Kupier(or the other guy, I don't care, they suck in this game) goes "this guy can be on my team anyday."...it's all randomized. They need to fix that.

Archived