Official Impressions Thread

Trues

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not trying to be mean, but wer getting off track in tthread here, can try this year to stay on track with our threads. how if you havea threa, you say youpost in the thread you in you bringing it as, point you thought to a new thread or exisiting thread that on the topic you talking, about we can find and continue that tipoci in that thread and lave each thread as much as possible on the topic the treads topic is about.

i just don't want to see another thread going in five differtent directions or start flams or fights discussions wher it as nothing to do with the topic thread, and get everyone lost.

Hitting is harder atleast so far this year. But I had the same problem last year. However last year I had no problem getting routine hits, I did have a problem hitting home runs intially. I however quickly corrected that. Another possible personal issue is that I switched from PC version to XBOX. That is possible source of the difficuty hitting so far.....

i'm not trying to be mean, but wer getting off track in tthread here, can try this year to stay on track with our threads. [...]

i just don't want to see another thread going in five differtent directions or start flams or fights discussions wher it as nothing to do with the topic thread, and get everyone lost.

cannot agree more, i'm in the same boat.

I can't wait for Trues' ignore mod to be in place.

I am 2 games in the Owner's Mode, as The Jays. In 2 days I have lost $550,000, give or take a million or two. How the heck are you supposed to make any money? I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, when I start my home games. Problem is, my stadium only holds 20,000 people.

Anyway, I am loving the game play! I have had no choppiness, with the exception of the music when the game loads at the beginning. The announcing sucks, but what can you do. The graphics are nice, but I find alot of plyaers look like they have acne, and the grass would like crazy if playing the game while on an acid trip! LOL!

Overall, so far I give the game an 8.5 out of 10.

I'm lucky..no choppiness for me and graphics run very smoooth. The only bad thing is I still have ths tuttering ball but otherwise I am happy.

All new faces this year--most look good., a few look ugly. All in all I am quite happy.

For me, owner's mode is great for anyone who is into fantasy baseball since there are elements here that aren't realistic and anyone who wants a perfect sim won't be happy with it. As for me, I am not a stickler for reality so much so I can deal with the fantasy aspect. As for making money, my guess is it takes time and winning. Also, try lowering the prices on your tickets to atract more people to the ball park. I seem to making money, for now, the the Washington Nationals.

Hitter's Eye actually isn't too bad.

Grass looked bad at first until I adjusted my resolution in the game and now it looks fine.

I'm noting more bllop singles and there seems to be less power when you hit up and in or up and away.

I'm liking the game a lot more than ESPN plus the Minor league has the real unis now, also the story I posted about Dowd being suspended is quite true (he was suspended for 9 games) i'll attempt to print screen it...

All and all I love the game.

alright, here, here is the shot...I realize it is not roids but be open-minded,

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/roids/Roids.bmp

(copy and paste link into browser)

I played a couple of games in Minute Maid vs. the Cards. Lots more foul balls, we walk a little bit but no enough either side. Ball seems to die for both the AI and myself. Few sharp hits, gappers seem to get caught and the only one to hit HRs is the AI. Of course, I am probably rusty :D Neither of us seem to get good wood and when we do, the OF seems to always get there as the ball hangs forever. K's are about right and the animations are much better than last year. 1st game I didn't see many spectacular plays, 2nd game there were 3 or 4. One of the strangest was a gapper that hung forever, Maybry reached out on the run an lost it. It bounced off his glove, then his head! :oops: down his back, then he turned and caught it 8O

Overall seems there are too many grounders, liners are soft and fly balls hang. It is like the bat plane is too low and when you hit it up with the stick, it goes UP. Could just be me I guess.

Have to change the sliders and play around with it more.

I play of All-Star with default 0 sliders currently.

did someone mention that oh is in the game? i'll be picking this up next weekend, i'll check it out. lived in japan for a while and saw him play a few times.

i know last year we touched on doing a japanese league mod....

Increase the contact for Human/CPU accordingly. Currently trying these

-25 User Pitch Meter

+15 Pitch Speed

+15 CPU pitch Ball

-50 User Pitch Control

-30 CPU pitch control

+20 User contact

+10 Cpu contact

+10 Foul Balls (may lower it but it increases pitch count)

+10 steal speed human + cpu (never seen a successful steal yet)

I am not saying these are perfect, just where I am starting. I tend to be very good at pitching, not so great hitting. Some will find these either too hard to pitch or too easy to hit. Still playing around with it. Just raising the contact values produce better hits

JE

My impressions-

-Create a stadium was not as in depth as I thought it would be, all the stadiums end up being the same!!!!

- Mini games are pretty fun.

-EA left out way too many players who played in 2003 who are now a non rostered invitee or a MLB player. (Mark Guthrie, Ben Kozlowski, Chris Singleton, Danny Klassen, etc.)

-Faces are much better

Archived