Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 3.1

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 31 Aug 2011

File Updated: 31 Aug 2011

File Category: Rosters

Version: 3.1

• Variety of players with batting attribute adjustments, especially for those who had extreme ratings (i.e., most recent 2011 statistics considered)

• Depth charts arranged via MLBDepthCharts.com (batting orders set only for respective leagues)

• Pitchers’ batting attributes lowered for those who do no warrant >30 ratings

• Doubles should not appear in the FA list

• Season-ending player injuries updated / Player .mep files available to re-insert (.mep files are imported via MVPedit only)

• 60+ Pertinent transaction moves made to date

**REMEMBER: use the support thread for questions and problems.... and the comments in the DL section is for reviews. Ask your questions in the respective support thread. MVPMODS.COM has proved an easy link to the thread.

Click here to download this file

Take the included MEP.zip file (which contains a "players" folder) and unzip to a location you can identify. Ideally, place in with the main MVPedit folder.

Open the included .mbe file with MVPedit.

Select the 'File' tab, then import, then players. Point to the "players" folder from above. Choose a given player and select the team to which you want to add that player. Make sure you are selecting the "add" player option and not "replace".

Your player should now appear on the team, but you'll need to make sure your MLB team has 25/25 players. Minor league teams can have less and all teams have to have at least 10 pitchers or 10 fielders.

Hit "Tools" and "check errors", just to be safe that you didn't do anything wrong. Then (what I do).... create a temporary folder on your desktop (name it something easily recognizeable) and click either on the large "Export" button (which will automatically export the 19 needed .dat files) or File/export/dat files to the folder you created. Take these 19 .dat files and place in the database subfolder (which is a subfolder of the "data" subfolder).

Ok I still need some help here. I have the programs I need to update the game but I haven't installed anything yet, other than the game itself. In what order do I install stuff? I assume I start with the 08 conversion mod but where do I go from there? Also, what facepack will I need for this roster?

It's really up to you. You can add as little or as much as you want to at this point. If I were you, I would completely copy your existing 08 folder so that if you run into a problem with all the modding you do, you have "parts" to put back into your version that you are building on. The main facepack is over at mlbmods.com

Thanks for the help, turns out all I needed to do was change the file extension. Also, thanks for the rosters. They're very well done but the Brewers are way underrated. I think they should have 99's for every rating. Just a suggestion for next time.

Thanks for the help, turns out all I needed to do was change the file extension. Also, thanks for the rosters. They're very well done but the Brewers are way underrated. I think they should have 99's for every rating. Just a suggestion for next time.

Then edit it yourself.

Thankfully daflyboys does not live in your world because he tries to make the most accurate and up to date rosters possible.

By the way, welcome back to the site.

I'm not being a troll, just making a joke. Sorry. The rosters are extremely well-done & I understand they must be extraordinarily time consuming. I don't think I understand where you're going with the comments about welcome back & how many changes have been made. Unless I should be taking them at face value, then yes. I haven't really been on this site in the last 4 years or so.

Daflyboys, how long does it take you to make these? I've used MVPedit briefly but I can't imagine the time it must take you to update the roster. I also don't understand why the facepacks are necessary. I've tried using a roster without them & the game just crashes. Anyway, thanks a lot, the current baseball games aren't anywhere near MVP 2005 so it's nice to be able to use this & be up to date.

No harm done. I looked at your profile & saw you were a staff member so I figured that was the case. Thanks to you too for keeping this site up & running.

Thank you, but the credit should not go to me. The guy who keeps this site up and running well is Trues, and he has been doing it since 2004.

Daflyboys, how long does it take you to make these? I've used MVPedit briefly but I can't imagine the time it must take you to update the roster. I also don't understand why the facepacks are necessary. I've tried using a roster without them & the game just crashes. Anyway, thanks a lot, the current baseball games aren't anywhere near MVP 2005 so it's nice to be able to use this & be up to date.

It's been a work in progress. As mentioned in the first releases I did, kg, hiheat and some others were the base from which this grew. We were doing a small online league and after a while the rosters were getting stale ratings wise. DylanB. has great calculators, but I couldn't take the time to put numbers for each player and I wanted to concentrate on the MLB primarily. I came up with a quick on the fly method of trying to get relatively accurate power and contact. My league friends were helping with pitch types earlier on as well, and unfortunately we followed fangraphs and erroneously did away with a lot of 2seam fastball guys. I've slowly reintroduced them however. You just sort of pick at it in phases and enhance as you go, but it is time consuming. Dylan and Toleton really helped with some ID matching, player elimination and Toleton especially with more minor league accuracy. Thx for the compliments.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived