Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
pena1

Modding Mlb 2K12 Faq

Guys.....a little help.

I am trying to make some mods, starting off small.

I am using GIMP, opened global.iff with NBAmod. All ok. located the ball (265.dds). opened it up in GIMP, make some changes and went to save it....what name do I save it under? I tried 265.DDS and when I went to ExportRes it says "Import DDS is not same as resource, Import continue? Resource: DXT1, 512, 512 Import:_____512, 512???

any suggestions?

Do I need to change the save option?

I new to this....obviously.

Thanks

Open the global.iff file with the mod tool. Scroll to the file you want to edit. EXPORT it to your computer. Open it with GIMP. Save the file (any file name will do). Go back into the global.iff file with the mod tool. Scroll to the file you exported and then use IMPORT and select the file you edited. Done.

Is there a way to add a photo to the player card for My Player? Or is that not possible? No big deal, I was just curious.

Edited by steveocaster

Detriot -

Thanks. It worked fine.

As I have said before, thanks for your mods. Now that I know how hard they are to do....I appreciate them even more.

Mac

Steveocaster -

wish I knew. I am still trying to figure out how to add phots to my franchise.

If I figure it out, I will let you know.

Mac

Guys.....a little help.

I am trying to make some mods, starting off small.

I am using GIMP, opened global.iff with NBAmod. All ok. located the ball (265.dds). opened it up in GIMP, make some changes and went to save it....what name do I save it under? I tried 265.DDS and when I went to ExportRes it says "Import DDS is not same as resource, Import continue? Resource: DXT1, 512, 512 Import:_____512, 512???

any suggestions?

Do I need to change the save option?

I new to this....obviously.

Thanks

I just started really getting into modding this game I love. Man, it's a lot of work be the rewards are well worth it; when you see your finished product in action, it's pretty exciting. I been really busy, but I am going to share my hard labor with my fellow gamer. So far I have modded stadium ads, uniforms, & bat logos.

Wow, very good. I like the Accessoire Package of you.

Has anyone a Roster for the accessoire package, that every Player has the right Accessoires??? I would be very pleased, if someone can help.

Edited by bischof87

anyone know where the batting helmet file is located? i don't see it in uniform.iff file

if you mean the logo its with the numbers in the botton right corner of seq #16, other wise its color is controalled by the roster file, but is change able wih ty's editor. the cap logo #12 so so dont confuse that

if you mean the logo its with the numbers in the botton right corner of seq #16, other wise its color is controalled by the roster file, but is change able wih ty's editor. the cap logo #12 so so dont confuse that

ohh ok.. so how would i add custom color to ty`s editor so that i could use that color just for helmet? I mean i just wanna change red sox helmet to true black color not the 2k washed out black...

you have two options, (i dont think there helmet is true black, but i can be wrong.) first choice is the upper right portion of the editor once your under the uniform tab, there be several drop down box, the first three labeled next to the right of those drop boxes are the 3 parts of the helmet (i forget the order) but there bill of the helmet, front of the helmet, and back, click the drop down box next to each and you will each as the color basic list. black on the list. the other is down to the color box, fill in the color in the color you want in one of the first three color boxes, a pop up of color scheme will come up, on the right is the color value, fill the number you want there. clock add color , and it will appear in the empty boxes to the left of that. it will add it the current color block i mentioned, before, now up to the helmet parts, drop the box, down and select color 1, or color 2, or color three and that the color the part of the helmet will be. the only doing that way is its also affects the catching gear and and some items like wrist bands for players on that team. i dont recall what it also effects using throws boxes of the first 3 color blocks,

Does anyone know if by any chance batting helmet file is hidden/locked? I cant find it anywhere...

The file with the texture for the helmet?

Yeah... the one where i can edit it change color and stuff

Yeah... the one where i can edit it change color and stuff

Ah OK, so basically, you want to change the color of a team's helmet. It's not like MVP 2005 where there's a helmet texture for you to change or fix or anything like that. The helmet itself is assigned a color based on what the team uses according to the roster file you load up to play. It's pretty complicated but I'll simplify:

The roster you are using dictates the values any uniform slot in particular has, from team colors to equipment colors, whether or not they have names on the back of the jerseys, etc.

Since you want to change the Red Sox helmet color, what you'd want to do is load up the roster you are using to play MLB 2K12 using Ty's MLB2K12 Roster Editor and click the Uniforms tab after the roster is loaded. In the default roster, the Red Sox uniforms are in slots 206 to 213.

Red Sox Home and Away jerseys are 206 and 207, respectively. From here, what you want to do is change Team Color 3 to whatever it is that you want and change the values of Helmet Bill/Front/Back to Team Color 3.

Make sure you click SAVE at the bottom so the values are retained in the roster file otherwise you will lose ALL your changes for that slot.

Ah OK, so basically, you want to change the color of a team's helmet. It's not like MVP 2005 where there's a helmet texture for you to change or fix or anything like that. The helmet itself is assigned a color based on what the team uses according to the roster file you load up to play. It's pretty complicated but I'll simplify:

The roster you are using dictates the values any uniform slot in particular has, from team colors to equipment colors, whether or not they have names on the back of the jerseys, etc.

Since you want to change the Red Sox helmet color, what you'd want to do is load up the roster you are using to play MLB 2K12 using Ty's MLB2K12 Roster Editor and click the Uniforms tab after the roster is loaded. In the default roster, the Red Sox uniforms are in slots 206 to 213.

Red Sox Home and Away jerseys are 206 and 207, respectively. From here, what you want to do is change Team Color 3 to whatever it is that you want and change the values of Helmet Bill/Front/Back to Team Color 3.

Make sure you click SAVE at the bottom so the values are retained in the roster file otherwise you will lose ALL your changes for that slot.

cool thanks... so what you saying is that basically batting helmet would be considered like an accessory of some sort like wrist bands and etc... which means the only way u can edit it is thru ty`s editor... am i correct?

cool thanks... so what you saying is that basically batting helmet would be considered like an accessory of some sort like wrist bands and etc... which means the only way u can edit it is thru ty`s editor... am i correct?

Yes. Any equipment color changes go through ty's editor