Modding Mlb 2K12 Faq

pena1

yes. the reds classic i think did have the numbers that way. the point is the placement of the numbers of the uniform file is what they are controlled by. now you have them show or not show using ty's editor, but it doesn't control where they appear the i gave i did with the following uniform with the one

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7260

the base is actually whitesox home. the numbers if they were the actual twins base would be at the bottom of the t roughly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes. the reds classic i think did have the numbers that way. the point is the placement of the numbers of the uniform file is what they are controlled by. now you have them show or not show using ty's editor, but it doesn't control where they appear the i gave i did with the following uniform with the one

http://www.mvpmods.c...s&showfile=7260

the base is actually whitesox home. the numbers if they were the actual twins base would be at the bottom of the t roughly.

Okay, I see what you mean. But somehow the original uniform dictates where the number are located and that's what I am trying to figure out. That's why my converted Reds uniform number is covering my team name, and rather than do the whole uni over again, I trying to figure out how to get the front number moved. For now I have it disabled in Ty's editor.

i haven't seen anyway to move them nor heard anyone say there was away, so either you half to disable them like you have, or find a uniform that as the placement more to your liking. there four three place on the front i know of that they can be, upper right like the whitesox, lower right like the nats use for red alt, along with several others, then on the there two placements on the left, but they over lap a little. down lower like the twins on the road and some alt, and slightly higher like most use, but the size of number affects it to. i cant explain that, its something you half look at to understand the number size point. i forgot one other placement, that on the left sleeve. i know its a choice in ty;s editor, but i use the phillies as a base when i do that, because you know exactly where they place on the sleeve. i haven't played enough unis to know what happens if you choose the shelve placement throw the editor with any other unis

finally got this figured out. there is something encrypted in the original uni file that dictates the location of the numbers. All i did was move all my uniform dds into a Chicago White Sox away file and...bingo got the front number moved from the right breast to the lower left.

fsscr203.jpg

Just a few notes:

- There's been times the mipmaps have looked horrible when I know I modded and saved everything properly. I found out that it was just the crappy filtering used for the mipmaps. The smaller the res the worse the quality, I discovered. So I stumbled upon this neat little feature thanks to Nvidia, where you can select the MIP Map Filtering settings. Now, I experimented with all of them and I found out that Box works pretty well, Gaussian works just as good, but Triangle is the one you'd want to use since it looks pretty good at low resolutions.

-3DM ModTool allows me to work with DDS files better than NBA2KMod Tool, if only because I am able to edit and do what I need to do without decompressing the IFF file itself. It helps that it can extract files I couldn't extract in NBA2KMod Tool, such as lettering and the green texture for the aforementioned lettering.

- Section 16 in the uniform_(teamname)_**.iff file contains sleeve patches for the manager's jacket as well as the majestic logo on said jacket. The MLB logo on that file is used for the helmet as well as the logo on the lower right corner.

- Every team that has a unique number style has different spacing than another team, so be careful what uniform file you use if you're looking for front number placement. I've had to re-do the Diamondbacks repeatedly to get it right multiple times.

- It is possible to import a team's hat logo along with the green texture in any classic jersey.

Okay. I think I know why the base coaches are a mystery... Ty's editor is limited to position players only. I am sure if he could somehow throw in the coaching staff, bat boy, and practice catchers, they would all be editable in a team by team basis. We should be to edit these just as we are able to create players in the editor.

• 9 months later...

Save files are located in your main HD [make sure you can see hidden files]

in something similiar to this:

c:>users>your_computer_name>AppData>Roaming>MLB2k12>Saves

Most mods will be installed in whatever location you saved the game:

program files> 2k sports> mlb 2k12>

steam: [can someon confirm this?]

steam> steamapps> common> mlb 2k12>

I can confirm that is where MLB2k12 files are located, but I have yet to locate save files in there for editing with Reditor. To do that, the best solution i've found is to go to browse in Ty's editor and drag the save file from there. It's very possible that I am missing the save file folder though but i've searched all through the MLB2k12 directory and have yet to come across it.

it should be within the users files of the c: drive. i've never seen it directly in the game folder itself. it be what ever your user account name, its appdata then rooming then eventually the your get mlb2K12 then saves folder.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

So, I looked around but couldn't find any information.

I know that MVP05 has an awesome "Player ID List" that is always being maintained and added to and all that good jazz!

But, what about 2k12?

I can't seem to find a list that links Player names to Face Id's or even Potraits!

I know you can look through the editor and find them and adjust them and so on... but like lets say I wanted to create a cyberface for a minor league rookie that hasn't been Id'd yet... what would I do?

Just find a gap in the "play_head.iffs" and mark it down as this new players?

I understand that the Rosters from MVP05 has so massively have changed and so many players have retired and so with those expired player Id's, other player Id's can be created and so on.

Eventually this will need to happen with 2k12... So am I just not seeing a list or shall I begin my own... If one has already been created that would definately be much more appreaciated.

So any ideas?

BTW, the work with the MVP05 player Id's is wonderful...

• 5 years later...

I'll chip in some time for modding questions as Pena isn't as active in the community anymore to my knowledge. Ask me (almost) anything you'd like to know about modding this game. I know this thread is super old. Don't remind me.

On 6/16/2012 at 2:48 AM, mvp23 said:

Does anyone know if by any chance batting helmet file is hidden/locked? I cant find it anywhere...

The batting helmet textures are in the global.iff file.

If you're looking to edit the COLOR of the helmets, that would be within the roster you downloaded. The roster is a "master key" for team colors. Use REDitor II to modify the rosters.

On 6/11/2012 at 4:05 PM, steveocaster said:

Is there a way to add a photo to the player card for My Player? Or is that not possible? No big deal, I was just curious.

If you edit the .sav you have for MyPlayer through REDitor, I believe you can import a PNG of the player portrait into portrait.iff that coordinates with the Global ID value the game assigns to your guy.

On 5/31/2012 at 7:14 AM, Strawberry18 said:

Has anyone tried to figure out how to change the base coaches names/numbers to reflect the actual team coaches yet? I haven't seen anything on this subject.

REDitor II, a roster editor, has a Staff tab that correlates with the base coaches.

On 8/25/2014 at 12:52 AM, asidewalkcipher said:

So, I looked around but couldn't find any information.

I know that MVP05 has an awesome "Player ID List" that is always being maintained and added to and all that good jazz!

But, what about 2k12?

I can't seem to find a list that links Player names to Face Id's or even Potraits!

I know you can look through the editor and find them and adjust them and so on... but like lets say I wanted to create a cyberface for a minor league rookie that hasn't been Id'd yet... what would I do?

Just find a gap in the "play_head.iffs" and mark it down as this new players?

I understand that the Rosters from MVP05 has so massively have changed and so many players have retired and so with those expired player Id's, other player Id's can be created and so on.

Eventually this will need to happen with 2k12... So am I just not seeing a list or shall I begin my own... If one has already been created that would definately be much more appreaciated.

So any ideas?

BTW, the work with the MVP05 player Id's is wonderful...

I've been spending some time trying to come up with a valid player portrait ID list along with IDs that are meant to be untouched as the game uses them for specific things. Here's what I have for now.

• 3 years later...