Wiffle Ball - Ah, These Were The Days

JoeRudi26

haha, me either. I played a lot too, but I never had these kinda skills. Just crazy.

The closest we got was this one guy who had it in his head that he could throw curve balls with it and he almost did but the ball always curved into us batters and we kept on getting hit from the head down to the knees.

We mostly played fast pitch with a tennis ball, with a catcher and the whole nine yards. Needless to say it stung a bit when you got beaned, but was extremely addicting.

You're kidding? So did we. Every single day in the summer. When we didn't get enough people for a game we played in the street. And we would save our money and buy brand new tennis balls from department stores because the ones that came directly out of the can had the best bounce to them and when you got a hold of one it went.

And for everyone else reading this, tennis balls do hurt. You may not think so but they hurt if you got hit by one of them on a line drive (I can vouch for that) and also when you are up at bat and one hits you. But it was fun and I would give anything to play it again today.

Was kind of curious about this myself. We just had the ole standard white plastic wiffle balls that barely weighed anything.

That's the same kind I had. I don't think blitzballs were around then.

And I'll tell you guys like KC and SESBB30, those things didn't weigh much as Joe Rudi said but they still could cause some damage in someone's backyard when you hit them hard enough. I can recall one breaking a flower pot once.

those things are light like a wiffleball, and STING like a mother if you throw them hard. with the blitzball you have to throw curveballs like you would with a baseball, which i love because not anyone can pick it up and strike anyone else out.