Scoreboards - Tv For Mlb2K12 V 1.1

exrxixxx

EX, I also know your work from NBA 2K13 and appreciate your work over here with the baseball side now. You will be a great addition to the game along with all the other great modders on this site. Your work looks great already.

csn07.jpg

Top/Bottom inning marker added.

I had to change shape of 3D object from triange to square as in original. Unfortunately can't get it throught the whole lenght of the box.

Actually it is not difficult to increase it, but then the gap between these bars becomes too big.

Furthermore, can't change the color of it. 3D verticales are set to white color for this object, but looks like it has some additional color overlay on top which I did not find yet.

Edited by exrxixxx

really looking good EXR. You're not the only one that got lucky with the scores background color, we did because of your great work here. The colors look great and I love how you added the pitch count to the empty box you had.

really looking good EXR. You're not the only one that got lucky with the scores background color, we did because of your great work here. The colors look great and I love how you added the pitch count to the empty box you had.

You missunderstood last pic.

TOP scoreboard - made by me

BOTTOM scoreboard - TV picture just to compare gereral look.

csn09.jpg

This is pretty contravertial decision, but I went this way as in the picture. This is regarding Pith Count.

"Pitch count" can't be dispalyed at the same spot without negativly affecting other elements of scoreboard, therefore I had to move "OUTS" to the middle of the box....

Maybe someday later I'' manage to find something that coould solve this issue, so far it is as it is.

This is pretty contravertial decision, but I went this way as in the picture. This is regarding Pith Count.

"Pitch count" can't be dispalyed at the same spot without negativly affecting other elements of scoreboard, therefore I had to move "OUTS" to the middle of the box....

Maybe someday later I'' manage to find something that coould solve this issue, so far it is as it is.

I see what you mean about moving OUTS to the middle.

Just curious, is the following option available to use, or does it also mess up other aspects of the scoreboard?

post-96698-0-48683400-1366571602_thumb.p

I see what you mean about moving OUTS to the middle.

Just curious, is the following option available to use, or does it also mess up other aspects of the scoreboard?

post-96698-0-87412900-1366573663_thumb.p

Or what about either of these 2 additional approaches below?

Does any combination solve those other problems you referred to?

post-96698-0-04747200-1366573677_thumb.p

It's looking really good. Exactly how do you change the team colors from the overlay? The Astros have had the same brick color forever. If you could provide a brief tutorial as to how to change the colors that would be awesome. Keep up the good work!

Following up on this question...

It was previously stated that the team color could only be changed in the roster ROS file.

I was also wondering how this is done more specifically.

Is there a parameter where you can simply change the color by using REDitor or Ty's editor?

It would seem that REDitor would be a better bet, but I found no such field in the TEAMS section or under any of the other tabs.

Following up on this question...

It was previously stated that the team color could only be changed in the roster ROS file.

I was also wondering how this is done more specifically.

Is there a parameter where you can simply change the color by using REDitor or Ty's editor?

It would seem that REDitor would be a better bet, but I found no such field in the TEAMS section or under any of the other tabs.

The color used in the overlay is isolated from what you assign in terms of team colors through a roster. You can edit the colors of the teams through Ty's editor but that's all I know.

The color used in the overlay is isolated from what you assign in terms of team colors through a roster. You can edit the colors of the teams through Ty's editor but that's all I know.

Hey KC My Brother--

When you say you can edit the colors of the teams with Ty's editor, do you mean Team Color 1, Team Color 2 and Team Color 3? If so, then I'm right with you and I edit those all of the time for use with the uniforms.

But to change each team's "Main Associated Color" (for lack of a better phrase) which you see in the scoreboards, menus, schedules and elsewhere throughout the game, according to an earlier post by exrxixxx it has to be done in the ROS file. The problem I've been having is locating where in the file the teams are linked to those respective colors.

csn11.jpg

csn10.jpg

Regarding team colors - it's definitely in ROS file.

I never looked to that file but I am preety sure that these color could be coded in 2 ways:

1st and most likely - HEX color bytes, example 98012E or

2nd - RGB colors in hex format, example 0000221F 0000803F 00003A1C

Will try to take a look later

BTW, CSN replay Watermark (texture is in in global.iff)

Edited by exrxixxx

I have houston's team colors as 000418 (navy), E14408 (orange) and 000000 (black, for equipment purposes)

2K's stock houston colors are 9B301C (brick), 1E1E1E (black/dark grey) and E7D19A (sand)

To swap the Houston colors you would want to change the brick red to orange. In this case, you would have to find a way to replace 9B301C with E14408. This has already been changed across all current rosters (to my knowledge) since they affect fonts and equipment colors, but the overlay graphic color (the gradient, in this mod) remains the same color value as the 2K ones for some reason.

I wish I had some sort of knowledge of Hex, all I'm good at is just texture/visual work :|

I have houston's team colors as 000418 (navy), E14408 (orange) and 000000 (black, for equipment purposes)

2K's stock houston colors are 9B301C (brick), 1E1E1E (black/dark grey) and E7D19A (sand)

To swap the Houston colors you would want to change the brick red to orange. In this case, you would have to find a way to replace 9B301C with E14408. This has already been changed across all current rosters (to my knowledge) since they affect fonts and equipment colors, but the overlay graphic color (the gradient, in this mod) remains the same color value as the 2K ones for some reason.

I wish I had some sort of knowledge of Hex, all I'm good at is just texture/visual work :|

There is no issue with any lacking knowledge of hexidecimal numbers regarding this issue of team colors as we're talking about them here. 9B301C is a hex number just as 000000 and FFFFFF are. The element we seem to be missing is the location in some table where each team is assigned one color (in hex number format) for use throughout the game as that team's inherent team color unrelated to any uniforms or other stuff we deal with. Houston has that brick color assigned to it just as Oakland has a certain shade of green associated with it, and we see these colors just about everywhere we see a reference to the teams throughout the game.

There must be a column in some table where each team has a color assigned to it, but it is not related to the Team Colors we see when working on uniforms.

In Vlad's editor I felt certain that the TEAMS tab would be the proper location for this, and perhaps this column of colors is right there in that table, but the editor doesn't show it to us. I have looked through every tab in Vlad's editor and cannot locate the table column where these primary level colors are assigned. If we could find that table and column, we could change every team's color to whatever we'd like; you don't need any knowledge of hexidecimal numbering for this.

Took some time this afternoon to figure out what the Astros values are for 2K's brick color they have on the overlay.

I downloaded the 2K rosters from 2KShare, extracted the Astros color list from the roster using Ty's editor, took the RGB values, divided each by 255 to give me a decimal value (the floating point) and converted it to hex format. If it doesn't work then eh, I tried. I'd like, more than anything to replace all of the colors on the overlay.

Hopefully this format makes sense (Hex, 32-bit float):

Astros Brick color:

RED: C898 1B3F

GREEN: 80B7 403E

BLUE: D3DE E03D

What I want to do is change this to the orange I use on my uniforms:

Astros Orange

RED: F7E4 613F

GREEN: CC7F 883E

BLUE: 499D 003D

Took some time this afternoon to figure out what the Astros values are for 2K's brick color they have on the overlay.

I downloaded the 2K rosters from 2KShare, extracted the Astros color list from the roster using Ty's editor, took the RGB values, divided each by 255 to give me a decimal value (the floating point) and converted it to hex format.

Hopefully this format makes sense (Hex, 32-bit float):

Astros Brick color:

RED: C898 1B3F

GREEN: 80B7 403E

BLUE: D3DE E03D

What I want to do is change this to the orange I use on my uniforms:

Astros Orange

RED: F7E4 613F

GREEN: CC7F 883E

BLUE: 499D 003D

I really don't think it's even that complicated. I'd bet money that there is a table and a column that we just aren't seeing right now, and crossing with that column there is a row for the Houston Astros which presently holds the value of 9B301C. All that we need to do is identify that location, and replace the 9B301C value with E14408.

The issue has to be about table and column location that we just don't currently have. Perhaps Vlad could be of assistance with this.

Changing values is not difficult, but I am affraid it could be not *.ROS, but roster.iff in the main direcotry, which I believe is difficult to modify as it crashes if you touch sth. Even CRC check does not help (for me)

Arrrrgh, damn it. Well, this is still great work.