Scoreboards - Tv For Mlb2K12 V 1.1

exrxixxx

Exrxixxx--

After getting your initial instructions, and then additional help from KC, I was able to change all of the primary team colors using the hex editor.

Now I've got one problem with your scoreboard mod that I hope you can fix for me.

The team colors in the background behind the team name abbreviations are apparently affecting the background behind the score of the game so that it is no longer white.

This wouldn't be so terrible except that it prevents me from seeing what the score is.

If I get close to the monitor and look hard, I can see that the numbers are there. In my attached screen shot you'll be able to just barely see that the score is 0-0, but when playing the game you really can't make it out without putting your face right up near the screen.

Anyway, the bottom line is that yesterday I could see black numbers over a white background displaying the game score.

Last night I was able to change the team background colors with a hex editor.

Now, in my first attempts to play the game since changing the team background colors, I can't see the score in your mod because the white background has disappeared.

By the way, on the screen which displays when you pause the game, the line score shows clearly with white numbers over the team background colors (I know you didn't make changes to this view).

Anything you can do to resolve this for me, please?

Thank you.

post-96698-0-01792400-1366822058_thumb.p

Try other roster file and see if it helps, It it white again then it means you edited roster too much probably

Nope. That's not it.

I just started a game using a roster I never even loaded into a hex editor and I still can't see the score or the white backgrounds in those slots.

There were same issues with some background for mine NBA2K13 scoreboard.

Solution was found - damaged exe file used by users.

You might try with original exe or try other modded ones. But this is not certain for MLB.

Aslo try CSN 2.0, maybe it will work better (it was almost completelly reassembled comparing to v.1.1, tho you can't see with a naked yey - was need to inning marker)

If this does not help I have no more weapons unless more users will have similar problems

Nope. That's not it.

I just started a game using a roster I never even loaded into a hex editor and I still can't see the score or the white backgrounds in those slots.

I just remembered that this white background is very related with textures imported to the file. Have you injected any new picture here?

I just remembered that this white background is very related with textures imported to the file. Have you injected any new picture here?

Well of course I have :-)

I'm always going to add things on and change things around because that's my nature, but that wasn't the problem.

I'm pretty sure I just solved the issue. I need to do a final test, but it seems to be working again.

You are right though... it is very sensitive to any alterations.

try CSN 2.0, maybe it will work better (it was almost completelly reassembled comparing to v.1.1, tho you can't see with a naked yey - was need to inning marker)

I can't use version 2 as long as it's got the pitch count for just one team.

I understand that there was no perfect solution for you to choose, so you had to select something from two flawed options, but I have to stick with the version that shows pitches for both teams if given a choice.

No worries now... I got it back working again... all is well.

Try CSN 2.0 ... it was almost completelly reassembled comparing to v.1.1, tho you can't see with a naked yey - was need to inning marker

Exrxixxx--

Can you make an alternate 2.0 version of this scoreboard with the enhancements you added after 1.1 MINUS the adjustment of the OUTS location and the corresponding change in displaying Pitch Counts for just one team? Call it 2.0alt or 2.0a.

Also, did you ever determine whether it is possible to have the Power/Contact info bar display for every pitch during an at bat instead of only the first one? That would be one more great thing to be able to add.

I love this scoreboard. I would give this the Mod of the Year award if MVP Mods had that, even though I have never seen a baseball game on CSN. On the Dish network you will only see baseball on Fox, ESPN, or MLB Network. So, to make this Mod a little more realistic for me I made me a MLB Network SB from this awesome mod. I love the MLB Network so it's only fitting.

Thanks again Exrxixxx!!

post-37019-0-05042000-1366861743_thumb.j

I love this scoreboard. I would give this the Mod of the Year award if MVP Mods had that, even though I have never seen a baseball game on CSN. On the Dish network you will only see baseball on Fox, ESPN, or MLB Network. So, to make this Mod a little more realistic for me I made me a MLB Network SB from this awesome mod. I love the MLB Network so it's only fitting.

Thanks again Exrxixxx!!

Thanks for kind words.

Ya, Id like to make some more scoreboards, but I still exploriong the file which is pretty massive and some more features I need to find.

So far not making any new new scrbds

Exrxixxx--

Can you make an alternate 2.0 version of this scoreboard with the enhancements you added after 1.1 MINUS the adjustment of the OUTS location and the corresponding change in displaying Pitch Counts for just one team? Call it 2.0alt or 2.0a.

Also, did you ever determine whether it is possible to have the Power/Contact info bar display for every pitch during an at bat instead of only the first one? That would be one more great thing to be able to add.

I am moving further with CSN and have no motivation to remake past versions.

So far (after CSN 2.0) I have achieved the following

* Scoreboard is not disspaearing after a hit. It is still working when ball is in play, during replays, we can even see "3 outs" at the inning end phase

* Found a way to dissable pticher name in Team ID area. Pitches count is still visible (still for away team only)

As I understood, batter's Power and Contact info can not be shown permanently (at least no easy decisions for that)

I'm looking to hex edit the global.IFF file, but I don't know where to find the values for lighting/shadows. I do know the offsets for the texture names, if that helps :)

Open you file (has to be decompress one).

CTRL+F "light" and you'll find that sector.

All important data for modding is always above text "light..."), ie. scroll up, not down from this word. Sectors always ends with Latin letters on the right part of the screen

It can also be more "light" sectors. Press F3 to find next ones

BTW I affraid you have to restart your game to in order to see changes you made to global.iff (I just think so, you have to test that)

I am moving further with CSN and have no motivation to remake past versions.

So far (after CSN 2.0) I have achieved the following

* Scoreboard is not disspaearing after a hit. It is still working when ball is in play, during replays, we can even see "3 outs" at the inning end phase

* Found a way to dissable pticher name in Team ID area. Pitches count is still visible (still for away team only)

As I understood, batter's Power and Contact info can not be shown permanently (at least no easy decisions for that)

That's too bad. I always considered having the Pitch Count display for BOTH teams to be a Top priority for this mod even if it meant the Outs indicator had to be a little out of place. It just seems incomplete and bizarre to me to show the number of pitches thrown for one team but not the other.

I guess not everything can be perfect. I would have definitely gone the other way with that decision and moved forward from there, but so be it. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to use Blender on the level that you do, so I don't get to make the decisions.

It's funny you describe the 3 Outs display as a positive. I always consider it to be a flawed approach when you see "3 Outs" on a TV Score Bug (in real life). At the very moment the 3rd out is recorded, that half-inning is over and done. When a screen displays that there are "3 Outs" with the inning shown as the "Bottom 4th" (or whatever inning it is), what they are showing is actually wrong and impossible. There can never be 3 Outs during the Bottom of the 4th inning because the very instant the 3rd out is made, the 4th inning is in the past and gone forever. The only time you ever see that shown properly is if the inning indicator immediately switches to show "End 4th" or "Middle 4th" (if it's between the top and bottom halves). The problem with the graphic displays which indicate Top or Bottom by placing a line above or below (or an arrow/triangle pointing up or down) is that they lack the ability to indicate Middle or End, and so as a result, they are always incorrect when they show that there are 3 Outs in any particular half-inning.

"Unfortunately I don't have the ability to use Blender on the level that you do, so I don't get to make the decisions."

I already said few times to you that I do not use Blender for MLB scoreboard editing at all.

It is useless here.

Everything is made by hex editing looking to digitis and letters.

"Unfortunately I don't have the ability to use Blender on the level that you do, so I don't get to make the decisions."

I already said few times to you that I do not use Blender for MLB scoreboard editing at all.

It is useless here.

Everything is made by hex editing looking to digitis and letters.

Oh really? I didn't get that. I thought you were using Blender to move the objects around at the top of the screen, and activating or disabling certain functionality, while using the Hex editor for certain elements within the project of a more subtle nature.

So you can instruct the display to move objects from the right side to the left, or activate certain functions to display, all by using a Hex editor? Amazing!

I can use a Hex editor well enough to make changes to any block of digits I wish to, but I wouldn't know how to determine which ones to alter for the changes I desire.

How did you discover which spots to edit in order to get the results you want? Since it's just a seemingly endless stream of Hex numbers, how do you know which ones do what they do, and how do you know which changes will have specific results?

I think what I want to hex edit out of the global.iff file is the intensity of objects that have black in them. Everything is still a grey color and no matter what I do (replacing textures) it will not change. The eye-black in this game is still a grey color.

This is because every texture has it's own 3D subfile. Every element has reflection intensity or something silimar that reacts to present light intensity (as in real life).

Should be be something like that.

How did you discover which spots to edit in order to get the results you want? Since it's just a seemingly endless stream of Hex numbers, how do you know which ones do what they do, and how do you know which changes will have specific results?

I have spent hundreds of hours investigating similar file from NBA2K and learned some things.

Before starting I have read this thread

http://forums.nba-li...p?f=143&t=84049

began from small things, later improved a little bit

I have spent hundreds of hours investigating similar file from NBA2K and learned some things.

Before starting I have read this thread

http://forums.nba-li...p?f=143&t=84049

began from small things, later improved a little bit

I see. Thanks for the link.

So do you have a bunch of Offset locations that you have confirmed as specific items in the MLB files?

As you have said, the overlay_static_preload.iff file is huge... I've been going through it line by line and it's a real monster.

Do you have a list of the stuff that you've already found and identified in there (and any of the other MLB files)?

Take my modded file and take default 2K file.

There should be option to Compare files in hex editor. Then you will see what is modified.

I have modified thousands of bytes and I put just few notes on paper.

But everything is wrttien in latin letter in the file

For example

Inning text

4564c0 - 4567b3

Inning arrow.

456210 - 4564bb

Modifiy values and see what is changing.

But this is only for coordinates and "size

There much much bigger blogs for "inning" about 3D vertiles (shape, colors), diffuse colors, etc. in other parts of the file

Is there a way for you to change the pitch names?

Right now I use a version of your scoreboards which shows 4-seamers as "seam" and 2-seamers as "2 seam" and so on. This doesn't only show up in the scoreboard itself which causes overlapping, but also it shows up in the sometimes occuring box which shows us the distribution of pitches that were thrown.

Maybe it would be possible for you to make something like this without the brackets:

- 4S (4 seamer)

- 2S (2 seamer)

- CB (curveball)

- 12-6 (12-6 curveball)

- PC (power curve)

- KC (knuckle curve)

- KB (knuckle ball)

- SF (splitfingered fastball)

- SCH (split change)

- CCH (circle change)

- CH (changeup)

- SI (sinker)

?

It is possible to modify, but not sure what quality we will achieve..

As particular there is such section in English.iff file

2-SEAM FASTABALL.

Besides that this single line is used on scoreboard and Strike zone too, it is also used for two pitches - a) 2-Seam Fastball, B) Fastball. (I am not smiling here, just trying to write "b" and ")" :)

That means last word is used for both pitches and I can't see how to modify it correctly.

I can;t see a combination that woul fit for 4S and 2S.

I'd rather try to raise whte bacground's level (Z-coordinate), maybe then it will be on top over pitch names. Thus would solve the porblem