Baseup! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 1

Gordo

Like I said. The game wasn't built with Windows 8 in mind. And Windows 8 wasn't built worrying too much about older games. But this is why M$ built in compatibility modes. Why is it so important to run it in Windows 8? You got it to work, which is the whole idea, right? So what do you think about the playability?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just downloaded your roster and cannot figure it out for the life of me. I copied the 19 files to the data/database folder and deleted the old ones. Then go to start up the game and the rosters still have Chipper Jones and Jair Jurrjens on Atlanta. It's not an issue with your roster as I can't get anyone's rosters to work. The only roster I've ever gotten to work are ones that include .sav files that I have to load. Pardon me if i'm missing something extremely easy here as I just bought the game and have been struggling with this for a few days now! I'm using Windows 7 btw.

Have you looked at the solutions that people with Windows 7 posted above? There might be your answer somewhere in there. Otherwise, right click on the executable icon and see if you can run the game in XP compatible mode.

Ended up getting the rosters to work, but it's on MVP 05 instead of 12. I ran it on XP Service pack 3. None of the cyberfaces are there either (probably b/c it's tied into the MVP 12 TC mod) So essentially it's the same issue Bravesfan is having. I saw someone talk about how it doesn't work well sometimes when mvp is installed to the x86 directory so I'm going to reinstall in regular program files and see if that works. Thank you for all of the help!

This is just getting comical lol. In windows 7 the TC12 mod runs but the rosters don't work. In any xp the rosters work, but the TC mod doesn't. In Vista the TC mod works, but nothing for the rosters. Think the 08 mod would be better to try? I'm running out of ideas here.

Here's how I got it to work on Win 7. Uninstall your mvp05 and delete the mvp12 leftovers from Program Files. Then install it again, but pick your desktop as the location (and install the MVP12 mod and then the rosters). That way it won't have the weird copy/paste protections that the Program Files has. For some reason clicking on the mvp05.exe will always boot vanilla MVP05 (but clicking on your desktop or start menu shortcut goes to mvp12), so by actually installing the program outside of the program files folder you can still use those shortcuts so that it will actually boot MVP 12 and the rosters will work. I still can't get the schedule/year updater to work, but that's really minor.

Omg that worked! Thank you so much! It wouldn't let me install directly to the desktop so I just created a new folder on the desktop and installed that. Everything works wonderfully now. Finally can start up my dynasty lol. Thank you both for everything.

Daflyboys, I have always enjoyed your rosters and appreciate the work you put into them. Having said that, I am having a strange issue with version 1.c of your roster for 2013. I have trades turned off but somehow teams are signing players. For example, the Cubs signed Derek Jeter and Jose Reyes. The Brewers singed Ryan Braun so now they have 2 Ryan Brauns on the team. The trades don't show up in the "team transactions" information in "around the league."

What could be causing this?

Edited by Edtench

I saw this too when experimenting, but it was the Dodgers who signed both of those players. FA's shouldn't get signed when trades are turned off, so I don't understand that. Overall, it could be a problem with AL & NL All-Stars having a "No" to Hidden. Globally edit, via MVPedit, both of the All-Star squads for Hidden to say "Yes" (or do it manually) and this would hopefully take care of the problem.

Remember, if you're going to import the roster set to MVPedit, you have to delete the "Reynolds, Shane" line from attributes.dat.

Seems like the solution to nearly all issues with the rosters and Windows 7 are solved by installing MVP to the Desktop, so for anyone else wishing to solve these same problems, do this:

Install MVP 05 to the desktop.

Update to MVP 2012

Install rosters as instructed (unzip into directory, do not copy into directory)

Go into the directory and click the exe file to run, unless you can get the icon to run it, which I cannot

This also allowed my schedule updater to work again.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting close here on the next installment. It should be a functional complete majors/minors set, largely thanks to kyleb. There is absolutely no time frame, so please don't ask.

However, I was able to figure out somewhat of a defensive attribute ratings system of sorts (utilizing fangraphs). I had to fudge on a few of the game's superstars, but overall I liked how it turned out