Baseup! Rosters 2013 ~ Phase 1

Gordo

As long as you have the actual game disks and not some image. Install Official Patch 3 (don't need 1 and 2 as well; patch 5 was a roster update I believe) Then install TC12. Then install the patches that came out for TC 12. Then install anything else that you want. Good luck.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to install it, and I'm clearly doing something wrong, but can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I'm on the MVP 12 TCM, and I copied all of the files from the zip into the data/database folder, but for some reason when I pull up the game, reset rosters (and delete old roster saves), I still get last year's rosters (Endy Chavez and Mark Reynolds on the O's for example). Should I just do a clean install?

So you're not just overwriting those 19 .dat files.... you're deleting them and then unzipping this roster into the database folder, correct? Are you seeing last year's rosters in roster management or in your franchise/season?

Hi! I've got a problem. My game crashes every time I play with or against the Pirates. So, choosing the Pirates as my team, I've seen, in the batting order, there is a "null" in place of "SS" position and no player assigned to that position. I've tried to put a player in, but the position remained "null" and the game crashes the same way. The crash happened after the pitcher selection of the very first game of the season, but only if I choose to play. If I sim the game, everything goes fine.

I've installed the 19 .dat files on MVP12 mod, installed on a clean copy of MVP 2005. My OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition. I've done everything you suggest to do at the beginning of the Game: I chose "Reset Rosters" and selected "Yes" to "Use Default Rosters".

The rosters are wonderful! Hope to solve my issue. Thanks a lot.

@surly: I don't know what else to tell you other than to download the roster again with a different browser, as maybe it got corrupted.

@Giova80: It's funny because I just saw that last night and there was absolutely no reason for this to happen. Clint Barmes has that starting SS spot. I was playing vs. the Pirates as the Phillies last night. Before I went into the game, I simply used the team changer to play as the Pirates, went into the roster management area and swapped Barmes for the Null spot, went back out and changed back to the Phillies and it stuck. I played the game completely through. It seems to have something to do with the cpu controlling the team's lineups (e.g., it moved McCutchen down to the 7th or 8th batter) which I don't like. But I haven't seen this before. The Null spot usually shows up when the SP#1 are not assigned properly because in MVPedit, you move that pitcher out of the #1 slot instead of substituting somebody in for him first.

If you know how to use MVPedit, you can import the rosters, clear the batting lineups and reset them, check for errors, export them and install the rosters again. That should clear it up.

Surly-I was having a similar problem, where when I tried to extract the files into the MVP Data directory, I was getting errors and couldn't get it to extract into that directory. Pretty sure it's due to the Win7 copy-protected folder nonsense. I tried copying them into the directory, which it sounds like that is what you did, but it will not work that way. So what I did was copy the whole MVP directory I was using to the desktop, then was able to extract into the data directory with no problem, and the rosters were then in game. Additionally, my Schedule Updater works again. So for anyone else who faces problems with the copy-protected folders/unable to extract into the MVP folder, just move the whole folder to the desktop and it (so far for me at least) will work. It's a pretty dumb fix, but from what I can tell most problems we all experience with installing mods and rosters are usually cured by a dumb fix, and have nothing to do with the mods themselves. Though really I am fairly unconcerned with having a few players with wrong faces, and am completely content with having accurate rosters even with a few wrong faces. I do not seek perfection, (though the modders achieve that on a highly regular basis) I only seek a playable MVP with accurate rosters.

And if it already isn't said enough around here, I am hugely grateful for every minute of work that is invested by the modders in keeping this game going.

Is there a particular reason the files need to be unzipped into that directory rather than copied? I'm getting access denied and unable to output file messages when I try and extract into the directory, and I tried copying the files into the folder, which still doesn't bring them up in-game. I just did a fresh install of all the pertinent updates etc this morning, but still only get last year's rosters in game.

I ran into this, and it appears the solution to this aspect of unzipping is to go to the mvp folder in program files and make sure your user profile can read/write/copy/paste and all of that in the permissions.

Edited by surly

Thanks @Daflyboys!

I wasn't capable of using MVPedit, but I've tried for it's pretty intuitive. After having imported to MVPedit the .dat files contained in the "database" folder, I've noticed the Pirates' batting orders had all two number eights (vs. NL teams) or two number nines (vs. AL teams, with DH), and NO NUMBER THREES, with McCutchen always involved, being put at number eight or nine. I've cleared and rewritten the four batting orders, exported the .dat files and the problem was solved!

Now I try and start a "Season", play some games and leave a review which will be surely very, very positive for I've already seen the rosters are great and accurate and you all, Daflyboys and the others who worked to this rosters, have made an incredible job!

Edited by Giova80

Glad you guys are figuring this out. I'm still on XP and people have to keep in mind that this game was designed to work on XP and earlier I believe.

As far as the Pirates, Giova, you are exactly right! This was overlooked in MVPedit (and this is typically something you don't consciously look for). I've attached the roster.dat file as a possible "patch" for those who cannot access or do not know how to use MVPedit.

roster dot dat.rar

Looks good on a quick screen through lineups. Extremely busy workwise, hope to get to play a little this weekend.

Just to echo Giova on the Pirates "null" slot. Easily solved in Edit.

Much appreciated for the long tedious hrs you and Kyle have put into this.

I ran into this, and it appears the solution to this aspect of unzipping is to go to the mvp folder in program files and make sure your user profile can read/write/copy/paste and all of that in the permissions.

I had the exact same issue as Surly, and did the same thing with the permissions, BUT I did not work >.< I still have last year's rosters. Any ideas what to do??

Daflyboys,

I downloaded the 1B version, made some tweaks here and there and fixed the Pirates lineup issue in MVPEdit. Is there any way you can just upload the Shane Reynolds .mep file so the mini games work and all the changes I made don't get undone?

I actually already uploaded version 1C to fix the Pirates, etc. If you look on page 1 of this thread, the mini game fix is there. It's very simple and won't hurt anything you've already done. You just can't import the roster to MVPedit after you add Reynolds (or at least, I couldn't). There is no .mep file.

You ever come up with anything regarding minor leaguers (other than milb.com)?

I added the Reynolds line into attrib.dat, and the batting game still didn't work when I tried to pick a uniform. It does work now, but only with the uniform that first comes up. Odd. I can avoid the batting game if it crashes, the only real useful purpose is if you make it all the way thru a season (I rarely do anymore) and use during the following spring training.

I use mvp 12 and do exactly what you say, what. rar of the three should I download? I copied the nineteen files in data / database and reset the rosters as you say, but when you start a new season in default yes give rosters but when checked the roster I keep getting the 2012 ... I'm doing wrong? sorry I do not speak English and i translated this comment

Hi!

I've found a problem in the Brewers lineups similar to the one that afflicted the Pirates' lineups, with a "null" spot which causes the Game to crash. After checking the roster on MVPEdit, I've found the same kind of error with n.2 spot repeated two times in the NL vs. LHP and NL vs. RHP batting orders. I've corrected them and exported the .dat files in the data-database folder. Now everything is ok, except for a fact which is, I fear, unsolvable: I had started a "Season", and the Brewers' lineups, when I play my already-started "Season" mode, remain uncorrected (with the "null" spot which makes the Game crash).

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks a lot!

Right, because the base roster files won't affect an on-going season. If you're not playing as the Brewers, then use the team changer app to change to the Brewers and go into roster management and attempt to put in the starter that should be in the null spot. If it seems to take, save the season under another name, change teams back to the one you want and go to a date where you are facing the Brewers. Look at their starting lineup to be sure that it is now normal.

Thanks!

I've solved in a different way: using the brilliant ".dat exporter and importer". I didn't know this utility but it's very useful because it allows to create the .dat files (which can be modified with MVPEdit) from a .sav file, loading it while in Game (loading a saved "Season"), alt+tabbing, and clicking first on "MVP2005Exporter.exe" (it creates the .dat files) and, after having edited what you want to with MVPEdit, clicking on "MVP2005Importer" (it writes the .dat files in the .sav file).

For some strange reason, it only works if I run MVP in Windows XP (service pack 3) or in Vista compatibility. Well the rosters work, but when I use those compatibility settings the MVP 12 Total conversion mod does not work. I have windows 8. Anybody have any ideas?