Little League

Red14

I've searched the mods and couldn't find anything, thus here I am.

I'd like to see a Little League World Series Mod, something simular to the World Baseball Classic mod by Caribe. Obviously basepaths and pitching distances can't change, and it probably isn't going to be possible to drop the players down to kids sizes. What I'm picturing is the MLB would be West, North West, South West, South East, Mid West, Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic and New England (North East), Europe and Africa, Japan, Mexico, Latin America, Carabean and Asia-Pacific. Then the minors could be other states and maybe some more international teams.

I've never made a mod but I'm starting to program in Java and HTML and the idea of moding appeals to me. If a veteran modder wants to help me to get started on this or assist me in making this mod it would be greatly appreciated.

I've searched the mods and couldn't find anything, thus here I am.

I'd like to see a Little League World Series Mod, something simular to the World Baseball Classic mod by Caribe. Obviously basepaths and pitching distances can't change, and it probably isn't going to be possible to drop the players down to kids sizes. What I'm picturing is the MLB would be West, North West, South West, South East, Mid West, Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic and New England (North East), Europe and Africa, Japan, Mexico, Latin America, Carabean and Asia-Pacific. Then the minors could be other states and maybe some more international teams.

I've never made a mod but I'm starting to program in Java and HTML and the idea of moding appeals to me. If a veteran modder wants to help me to get started on this or assist me in making this mod it would be greatly appreciated.

Well I don't think it is possible for this mod to be made because of some of things you said. Modders have edited some stadiums but never have brought the fences in that close. And you can't do anything about the basepaths either. They are going to be 90 feet apart and that's another strike against this mod.

Another thing that I believe is hard-coded into the game is that each team has 24 or 25 players, something like that. A little league team doesn't have that many. And speaking of rosters where do you propose getting them from?

I don't know how Java or HTML is going to be of any assistance in creating a mod. This game is highly moddable but I don't think it was made for this in mind.

But that's just how I see it from here.

The Rosters and statistics are available on the Little League website, I know the field deminsions can't can change but I don't think that's a huge issue. The only problem is the rosters aren't big enough, they range anywhere from 11-16 players. Maybe older players could be added (as there is more than just one age division). There was a Little League baseball game developed for consouls a few years ago, it didn't include real rosters. I think for starters making the three stadiums (but to major league demensions) and the uniforms would work, maybe playing with the schedule a bit to make it more like pool play.

The Rosters and statistics are available on the Little League website

Ok, that's good. But how many games do they play? I'm pretty sure their season is under twenty games. What kind of stats are you going to get out of that?

I know the field deminsions can't can change but I don't think that's a huge issue.

I do. How's it going to look when you got a ten year old kid hitting the ball 420 feet out of the ballpark?

The only problem is the rosters aren't big enough, they range anywhere from 11-16 players. Maybe older players could be added (as there is more than just one age division). There was a Little League baseball game developed for consouls a few years ago, it didn't include real rosters.

Then if you do that why bother to get the actual rosters if you are just going to add players at random? And the big difference between that Little League game made for the consoles is that the game was made originally with Little League baseball in mind. Mvp 2005 was not.

Good luck if this is something you want to do and I wish you well in this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i would like to see this just like ive always wanted to see a womens softball mod, but its just not practical sadly. :/

Because of the reasons that I already stated in this thread this is a mod that I am very certain will not be made. And a women's softball mod sounds good but not based on the Mvp model. Here's your first problem. There are no female models you can use to base your players on. I don't think you'd want to have your starting first baseman looking like David Ortiz.

I don't know about that. These two have never been seen together!

Rolle-510x316.png

Hahahahahhaa. Oh man I never even imagined this. :D

Post of the day.

This is the first girl I've seen on here. Maybe there are others I'm unaware of.

There have been others but it is a rarity. The first one we had here was someone named Olyrunner. She was a sweet and beautiful woman. Huge Mariners fan and she tolerated my Yankee ways. She even made a stadium mod which you can see right here which I still use often.