Bsufan2013Ultimateroster

BSU-FAN

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BSUFAN2013UltimateRoster2

File Submitter: BSU-FAN

File Submitted: 29 Oct 2013

File Category: Rosters

Finally it is here!!!!!!!!!!! It's better late than never. This is a full years worth of editing into one massive roster update. I want to give a massive thanks to WundaBreadz for his efforts early in this project. While I have edited and changed every player on this roster myself, I do know he spent many hours on things like the schedule and I don't want his efforts to go unnoticed here. Without him this roster wouldn't exist. Also a big thanks to everyone in the community for the support and awesome mods that keep me motivated to do this. While this will probably be my final roster it has been worth the endless hours of editing to finally start a franchise I plan on playing for years to come. I also have attached my very own difficulty slider that I believe goes perfectly with the rating system. For the best results with this slider you will need to be patient at the plate like a real hitter. Wait for you opportunity and work the counts. They will throw balls and walk you.

V2 Fixes the 2nd and 3rd year schedule problem in franchise mode. See support topic for more info.

Here is a list of what is included in this roster.

• Updated ALL player ratings in EVERY organization!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: This includes minor leagues as well. This means there are stat based accurate ratings on over 2,250 players!
  • All rosters and transactions are current as of 10/27/13 (Non-playoff teams' rosters are as they were on the final day of the regular season) I have updated most if not all major contract extensions to date as well.
  • Updated batting orders and pitching rotations as of 10/27/13
  • Hundreds of batting stances and pitching motions have been added in or updated.
  • Updated 2013 Schedule with the Astros in the American league. There are no crashes with this roster and you can play/sim multiple seasons. I have thoroughly tested it!
  • Added in hundreds of prospects with correct likenesses and tendencies. This includes pitch repertoires and player tendencies based on real life scouting reports.
  • Updated all manger and staff changes to the beginning of the 2013 season.
  • As mentioned at Operation Sports I changed anticipation rating to 0 on all players to make game run more smoothly. I have also noticed more realistic and varied reactions from fielders now as well.
  • Also changed all catcher ratings for "Blocking the plate" to 99. This was also discussed at Operation Sports and it makes the catcher stand between the runner and the plate now if the ball arrives early. Creating a much more realistic interaction from the runner and the catcher I too have found this to be a nice little improvement on overall gameplay.
  • Updated all "Team" stats from the 2012 season. (This doesn't mean all individual players..just the entire teams' stats)
  • Updated many generic player faces for prospects to look like their real life counterparts. This is also fully compatible with the cyber-face pack released by Wudl83 and is also compatible with most if not all cyber-faces released on MVPmods.com to date(This doesn't include ScottyBillys cyber-face packs since his were made for Wudl83's roster.)
  • Many many more little updates like correct player gear such as mitt colors or batting gloves. I spent a long time on little details everywhere to make the game just that much more realistic.

Here is what isn't in this roster:

• This roster is not fully compatible with any portrait packs released to date. While it may have many that do match up with Raidersbball's pack there will be many others on the wrong players. this is something I will leave up to the community to fix if they so desire. I myself actually play with my portrait files taken out of the game so it just shows a 3D player head instead of the players portrait. Something I would suggest to you to try out.
  • While I have updated many cyberfaces... This roster still has many duplicate or generic cyberfaces. This again is something I will leave up to the community to improve upon if they so desire. (I would love for someone to update the Redsox players with their playoff beards...just an idea :spiteful: )
  • While I made an attempt I was only able to input the individual 2012 stats for 5 teams. This just was way to long of a process and would have delayed this project much longer. However the first 5 teams alphabetically do have a stat line labeled "12" with those players' correct and actual stats from the 2012 season.
  • A magical rating system that will make everyone happy. While I used an unbiased and stat based rating system, I know that there will still be those of you that don't agree with my ratings. To those of you that don't agree..don't use this rosters. It's an easy fix.

*To install extract to one of the following locations:

For WinXP users: C:Documents and SettingsUserNameApplication Data2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves

For Vista and Windows 7 users: C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoaming2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves

This roster is available for anyone to openly edit and re-release under one condition! You must put BSU somewhere in your rosters file name when releasing it publicly. This will be ensure my favorite team BSU will be represented for years to come(even if it is a college football team). :spiteful: For the hours and hours of time put into this project I don't believe this is too much to ask. Thanks and enjoy!

Click here to download this file

There is no way to repay you, or thank you enough for the hours and hours of work that you have done on this project. Yes I know I have been there years ago. I thank you very very much for all the hard work and dedication you have shown to this community.

Once again Thank You

Brian

p.s. I hope that you will reconsider your roster creating after the spring training season is concluded. But quite understand the feeling at this time. Many great Franchise games to you my friend.

Awesome job as usual on your roster project, BSU-FAN! For anybody that's interested, here is his same roster file made to be compatible with all my cyberfaces thus far, as well as the end of season portrait pack that lifo80050917 recently released. All credit and kudos to BSU-FAN and LIFO80050917. From now on I plan to use this roster file as I create cyberfaces for all the American League teams.

BSUFAN2013UltimateRoster.rar

BSU-FAN

Is there anyway you can release a version of your roster without the 2013 schedule included in it ? I simmed the entire first season no problem testing the roster for a franchise, but crashed in the second season spring training games. I would love to use your final roster for a franchise even though Houston would be in the NL without the 2013 season included. If you can't release the alt roster, I understand and thanks for your work.

BSU-FAN

Is there anyway you can release a version of your roster without the 2013 schedule included in it ? I simmed the entire first season no problem testing the roster for a franchise, but crashed in the second season spring training games. I would love to use your final roster for a franchise even though Houston would be in the NL without the 2013 season included. If you can't release the alt roster, I understand and thanks for your work.

Which team were you using? I have simmed to and through the second season multiple times and I have yet to experience any crashes at all...not sure what would be causing the crash but I will try to look into it. Was it my roster that crashed or the one posted above by ScottyBilly that you tried using? Also a big thank you to ScottyBilly for updating the roster to match the most current portrait pack and all of his updated faces. Nice job! If you don't mind I will probably re-post my roster with all of your changes included. I will be sure to give you credit for the changes you made. Thanks everyone for the kind words of support and appreciation.

Hey BSU-FAN,

Thanks for getting back. I was using the Phillies. I simmed all the way through season one and I was wrong, it crashed on opening day of the regular season in season 2, not the spring games. I am using your original roster, not the SB one yet. I wanted to try it first before switching to SB's version.

I loaded the franchise again after the crash and this time I hit play game and it did not crash. But, it did when I hit sim to end of season to test it. I remember seeing the schedule posts about it being a problem in the second season and beyond, that is why I wanted to test it first.

thanks

I did a test, controlling all 30 teams (I play as the Tigers, but like to switch teams after a few years of franchise, so have the other 29 teams set to automate all tasks). I simmed through 2 seasons and started a third, stopping to play bits of both spring training games and regular season games, through opening day of season 3. Using this method, everything seems to be ok.

I play my franchises controlling all 30 teams as well just switching the other 29 I don't want to use to automate all tasks as well. Maybe this is why it isn't crashing for us... Just an idea. I have never seen it crash in sim or a game on my system using or testing this roster.

That could be it then. I was only user control for the Phils. Thanks for the help. Also, with the other 29 teams set to auto, do you get any cpu trades in your franchise ? just curious if I switch over to how you play.

For the first season I usually play with cpu trades turned off. After my first season I usually turn them back on. This keeps all rosters in tact for the entire first season. If there is any trades made in real life that I want in game I just turn the "force trade" option on and since you control all 30 teams you can make any trades you want.

Okay so first I want to thank you for doing such a great job with the roster and thank you for all the time you have put into it.

I have just one problem. I started a franchise with St. Louis and simmed through the first season no problem. However at the end of the 2nd season some clubs had played more games then others. Like for instance the Dodgers went 99-66 and the Brewers went 91-65. I don't know if this has to do with the conversion of the Astro's over to the AL or not but I was hoping you would have a suggestion or a fix for me. Other then that the roster is fantastic.

Okay so first I want to thank you for doing such a great job with the roster and thank you for all the time you have put into it.

I have just one problem. I started a franchise with St. Louis and simmed through the first season no problem. However at the end of the 2nd season some clubs had played more games then others. Like for instance the Dodgers went 99-66 and the Brewers went 91-65. I don't know if this has to do with the conversion of the Astro's over to the AL or not but I was hoping you would have a suggestion or a fix for me. Other then that the roster is fantastic.

That was another problem listed on the 2013 schedule post that people ran into. The schedule had uneven games after season one for some teams. I am not sure if this had a fix or not.

Below is a quote from a prior post regarding the 2013 schedule. (I don't know how to quote something from another post to add here, so this is a copy and paste)

[i haven't had a save corrupt, but the schedule does get messed up after the first season. Yankees played 171 games, while Blue Jays played 155 in the 2nd season. Only 4 teams actually played 162 games. And this went on in the 3rd season i simmed as well.This happens with every roster that has the 2013 schedule included that I've tried. Also, the minor league schedule is completely messed up as well (from the first season)]

That was another problem listed on the 2013 schedule post that people ran into. The schedule had uneven games after season one for some teams. I am not sure if this had a fix or not.

Below is a quote from a prior post regarding the 2013 schedule. (I don't know how to quote something from another post to add here, so this is a copy and paste)

[i haven't had a save corrupt, but the schedule does get messed up after the first season. Yankees played 171 games, while Blue Jays played 155 in the 2nd season. Only 4 teams actually played 162 games. And this went on in the 3rd season i simmed as well.This happens with every roster that has the 2013 schedule included that I've tried. Also, the minor league schedule is completely messed up as well (from the first season)]

I went back and checked the standings in the test franchise I did, an that is indeed a problem :(

Good news!!!!!!!! After hours of trouble shooting I fixed the issue and will re-release the roster. I was even able to leave in the 2013 schedule in and leave the Astros in the A.L. I have tested it through 2016 numerous times and every team plays 162 games every year now(one year there was a tie breaking game for a wild card and those 2 teams played 163). From playing around with this I now know how the game generates the next years schedule. It actually uses the embedded 2010 and 2011 schedules by default. It appears after 3 seasons the game starts auto-generating a schedule that has no issues with game numbers. The problem was that the 2010 and 2011 schedules have apparently been edited and didn't have the correct data along with other issues. What I did was swapped out the 2010 and 2011 schedules from my NoFakeNames5 rosters(which worked flawlessly) and imported them into this roster. The only remaining issue is that the Astros will play a NL schedule after year one but will stay in the AL West. I am 100% ok with this because that was even the case with my original release. I was hoping when reaching the 2014 season in the game (when the game starts generating it own schedules) it would schedule the Astros in the AL but that still wasn't the case. But... if someone has the knowledge and time to edit the 2010 and 2011 schedules correctly for the future years it would be possible to set-up to at least be correct for the first 3 season of a franchise. Like I said though this isn't a problem for me especially since I don't plan on using the Astros in my franchise. If you do, another option would be to put the Astros back into the NL and just play it that way. I'm very releaved that I found a solultion to this. Now I really can start playing my franchise. I would love to see people posting some franchise and game results using this roster/slider combo. I have been having some amazingly diverse and realistic games while playing with this set up. I also use a unique batting view along with being very patient at the plate. That is truly the secret to realistic games. Thanks again everyone for the help. Enjoy.

Wow, that is great news. Is the download link the same, or will there be a new one?

Just re-posted it now. Wanted to test it through a few more times. Still no crashes on my end and everyone is playing 162 games. I even switched out the minor league schedule to the old one so they are playing the correct amount of games as well.

No, BSU-FAN thank you for taking the time to come up with a solution and your work is very much appriciated. I thought maby it had something to do with the Astro's transfer to the AL but I couldn't be sure since I am still a noob when it comes to modding out 2k12 (or any mlb game for that matter, lol) Which slider combo do you suggest? I saw that you mentioned it above and would really like to give it a shot with your roster to get the most realistic experience possible. Once again thank you for all your hard work.

No, BSU-FAN thank you for taking the time to come up with a solution and your work is very much appriciated. I thought maby it had something to do with the Astro's transfer to the AL but I couldn't be sure since I am still a noob when it comes to modding out 2k12 (or any mlb game for that matter, lol) Which slider combo do you suggest? I saw that you mentioned it above and would really like to give it a shot with your roster to get the most realistic experience possible. Once again thank you for all your hard work.

Hey Storm.. There's a slider file included with the roster download.

I attached my personal sliders in the download window for this roster. You can select it if you click click here to "Download" the roster. It's the .rar labled BSUFAN2013 at the top.

Thought that might be what that was but I wanted to make sure since I am still on the 2 download a day deal. (: I have made another post elsewhere asking if there is any other place I can make a contribution for since I don't have a paypal account.

I've tested through 3 seasons and into spring training of the 4th. All looks good. To elaborate on what BSU was saying about the Astros playing an NL schedule, after the first year all teams go back to the "traditional" unbalanced schedule with one inter league series in May and the rest in June. Although the Astros cannot be seen in the division standings. their record can be viewed in the "League Standings" option, with the rest of the AL teams.

I think the only mystery now is what would happen if the Astros were to actually make it to the post season. I don't have the kind of patience to test enough seasons to see that happen, since they seem to perpetually suck.

Thanks again, I'm off to start a franchise!