Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the twirls it around in a circle just before the pitch, then stops and swings.

Ok... after looking it over closely, I have found that Fullmer moves the bat like you want but he does not have the stance that you have in the picture.

The closed stance has a very close stance to the one you want in my opinion.

But I think that Renteria is probably the best overall. It is not perfect, but it is in my opinion the closest you are going to get to what you asked for. Though if you go with the closed stance, I would also say that is ok since it has more of the twirl of the bat you described than Renteria but not as much of the leg spread as Renteria has in his stance.

Basically, if you want the leg spread more than the correct twirl, go with Renteria. if you want the closed stance together with the twirl, but minus the proper leg spread, go with the closed stance.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say it looks like olerud's stance which really is more of a bent over kinda stance. i'd honestly go with generic?

Damn it, I keep missing these! I was thinking of sticking with Generic too, so a second opinion is good enough for me. Thanks!

no i'd definitely say olerud's stance is closet to generic... he doesn't have his bat over his shoulder the way arod does. it's just... there... generically. he rests his bat on his shoulder but it's still closest to generic.

• 3 weeks later...

For MarkB:

Eric Duncan - Alex Rodriguez

Melky Cabrera - Carl Everett / Bret Boone

David Seccombe - Generic II

Jeff Karstens - Generic II

Matt DeSalvo - PASS

Mike Martinez - Generic 5

Zach Kroenke - Randy Johnson possibly???

Jonathan Poterson - Chipper Jones/Alex Rodriguez

For untouchable04:

Jake Westbrook - Generic 9 (sidearm action)

for MarkB:

Duncan - Generic

Cabrera - Giambi

Seccombe - Prior/Redman

Karstens - Style 11?

DeSalvo - give me one where he isn't facing the side (forgot what it was called)

Martinez - Style 8?

Kroenke - Schmidt

Poterson - Arod

and for anybody else requesting stances/deliveries, please include videos. it's so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived