Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if theres a better stance in MVP2005, but for 2004, I'm going to use:

ATL: Andy Marte - Frank Thomas

There were a few that looked similar, but I went back and forth from mlb.tv to the game and felt Thomas' stance looked the closest. I wish it was a bit more open, though. Chipper Jones' stance in 2004 is kinda close, but i felt it was too open.

I agree - Clark is still. I think his stance looks the most like Delgado, but Delgado's stance waves his bat all over the place - Clark doesn't do that. If you could use Delgado's stance and keep his bat still, it would be perfect.

First off I would like to say that I am not real good with determining these batting stances/pitching deliveries.

I was wonderin if anybody out here can help me find the right batting stance for some of these Minnesota Twins and Florida Marlins:

Marlins:

-Paul LoDuca (crouched?)

-Jeff Conine

-Alex Gonzalez

-Matt Treanor

Twins:

-Brent Abernathy

-Luis Rodriquez

-Jacque Jones (Generic, A. Jones...?)

-Terry Tiffee

-Shannon Stewart

-Joe Mauer

-Justin Morneau

-Torii Hunter

-Mike Redmond

Other notes:

-I know this was mentioned earlier in this thread but, Dimitri Young's stance is definitly similar to Joe Morgan.

-Alex Sanchez maybe Cliff Floyd?

-

FLA Paul Lo Duca: Klesko

MIN Brent Abernathy: Upright

MIN Luis Rodriguez: Generic

MIN Jacque Jones: Generic

MIN Terry Tiffee: Renteria

MIN Mike Redmond: Generic

The other guys just leave them as what EA gave them.

TB Alex Sanchez: Boone

ATL: Kelly Johnson-Chipper Jones

I know bravesj858 said ARod earlier but it isn't quite that. No foot tap, more waggle in the bat, and a bit more open. After watching Chipper for so many years I'd recongize the stance anywhere and it is definatly Chipper.

ATL: Kyle Davies-John Smoltz

Bravesj858 said Maddux/Smoltz but it is way more Smoltz; Maddux is too jerky in the game. Plus it's the same reason for Kelly Johnson. I've seen Smoltz so long I'd recongize it anywhere and he's just like him.

Please oh Please change a few Mariners so everyone can know the truth! lol

Not sure how you are classifying them by MVPedit's description or EA's

So... MVPedit/EA

Richie Sexson: Lowell/Ordonez

The bat wiggle is spot on and by far the closest out of all the stances. (two handed follow through)

Randy Winn: Casey/Klesko

Great stance for Randy also with a two handed follow through.

I have some other preferences when it comes to a few other players but there maybe some debate there. These two are the obvious ones that not many could argue about.

I have been a Mariner fan all my life and watch almost EVERY game on TV. I also see about a dozen games a year at the Safe. Sooo.. I am a credible stance evaluator for the M's. :wink:

I went to the Red Sox home page and checked out Nixon's Home Runs in the multimedia section. To me Nixon's stance should be Pujols. I think it's pretty much exact except for the continuous step motion Pujols keeps making. I did that for most of the guys I edited and here are the closest ones I have

Bonds-Chavez

Wright-Ordonez

Victor Diaz-Renteria

Reyes-Delgado

Millar-Sierra

Nixon-Pujols(Youkilis's stance is also very similar to Nixon's)

Mirabelli-Generic

Tino-Piazza(with wristband on left arm and shin guard)

Nick Swisher-Sosa

Please oh Please change a few Mariners so everyone can know the truth! lol

Not sure how you are classifying them by MVPedit's description or EA's

So... MVPedit/EA

Richie Sexson: Lowell/Ordonez

The bat wiggle is spot on and by far the closest out of all the stances. (two handed follow through)

Randy Winn: Casey/Klesko

Great stance for Randy also with a two handed follow through.

I have some other preferences when it comes to a few other players but there maybe some debate there. These two are the obvious ones that not many could argue about.

I have been a Mariner fan all my life and watch almost EVERY game on TV. I also see about a dozen games a year at the Safe. Sooo.. I am a credible stance evaluator for the M's. :wink:

33 I am sure you agree with me that Meche is not David Wells! I want to cry every time I see that. There is also no way that Ibanez is Vina, he is either Matsui or Piazza.

33 I am sure you agree with me that Meche is not David Wells! I want to cry every time I see that. There is also no way that Ibanez is Vina, he is either Matsui or Piazza.

Totally.. I usually use either the generic stance or Matsui for Ibanez. Matsui would be really close if not for the little mannerism (turning head). Vina is completely wrong.

Meche is NOT Wells in the least :roll:. He is a plain ol' generic #2. While we are on the pitchers.. Pineiro is a generic #6. I also have Soriano and Mateo as having a Rivera throwing motion. They both have that little drop down hitch before the leg kick.

Totally.. I usually use either the generic stance or Matsui for Ibanez. Matsui would be really close if not for the little mannerism (turning head). Vina is completely wrong.

Meche is NOT Wells in the least :roll:. He is a plain ol' generic #2. While we are on the pitchers.. Pineiro is a generic #6. I also have Soriano and Mateo as having a Rivera throwing motion. They both have that little drop down hitch before the leg kick.

A while ago I deleted Vina from the list of stances for Ibanez yet the Ultimate Rosters still use him.

Anyone have batting stances for ...

Thurman Munson

Willie Mays

Strawberry

Dave Winfield

Big Mac

Wade Boggs

I don't know if anyone has discussed these already but I can't find them.

Oh and does anyone know what the swing type is in mvpedit. I'm not talking about the batting stance, there is a category there for swing type.

Whilst there is no pitching stance that is perfect for Rob Tejada of the Phillies... He is actually so unique that the Met's announcers were discussing his pitching delivery in last nights game. They were wondering if they had ever seen in their life a pitcher with his unique style. I found it pretty amusing as I was trying to do the same thing for 15 minutes or so before they started to discuss it.

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that the game in fact has nothing for him, but what is his default in the game is not even close. The best I could come up with was Ben Weber.

Even though Ben is quicker on the hand movement & does a triple pump, whilst Tejada does only a double, I can't use Zito since Zito goes over his head on the pitch whilst Tejada actually holds the glove in front of his face but way higher as he is looking in towards the catcher for the sign. The bottom of his glove is at the height level of the top of his head. Then he brings it down to his stomach, then he brings it up again, but not that high & then down again & then he releases the ball. Most pitchers look in for the sign with their eyes above the glove, he looks in for the sign with his eyes UNDER the glove. (I told ya it was weird)

Anyway, I think Weber is the closest that anything can be to his delivery.

Archived