Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

Actually, i'm a Marlins season ticket holder in the Founders Club, thanks for asking. :roll:

JP's batting stance is almost identical to Beltre's batting stance in the game; in real life their stances are nothing alike but in the game Beltre's batting stance is very similar to JP's real life batting stance.

Lowell, D-Train, and Luis do not have their own batting stances in the game, what are you talking about? There are no Marlins players at all on the main list on the first page, am I missing something here? Mind you, I did not read all 20+ pages, just the first page and the last page.

D-Trains pitching delivery in the game is horrible, yeah it has his patented leg kick but they have him throwing overarm which is NOTHING like what he does in real life. Style 9 has a pretty high leg kick and it's got him throwing sidearm, it's the most similar to his real life delivery. Alfonseca's delivery is the same as Redman's in the game, no clue why you're arguing this.

Back to Lowell, D-Train, and Luis... you said they have their own batting stances, do you mean someone made custom stances or something that I can download?

First thing, Lowell does have his own batting stance in the game.

And second of all, what I mean for D-Train and Luis is that the stances that the game gives them is somewhat close to what you are saying.

Maybe I can see you at the games? I go usually about 4 or 5 times a month.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing, Lowell does have his own batting stance in the game.

And second of all, what I mean for D-Train and Luis is that the stances that the game gives them is somewhat close to what you are saying.

Maybe I can see you at the games? I go usually about 4 or 5 times a month.

Lowell does not have his own batting stance in the game, EA gave him Magglio Ordonez' batting stance.

And D-Train's batting stance that EA gave him is simply the upright one, while he does stand upright, the bat isn't above his head. I think Chavez, Closed, and Glaus are similar to his real life stance. Glaus is probably the most similar, but I just wish it had more bat wiggle and motion kind of like Ortiz, but with a more straight up stance.

Sure it would be cool to meet someone from the boards. Also check out the Marlins forums at www.marlinsbaseball.com they are by far the best Marlins forums around, pretty big community and lot's of great fans. My username on there is the same as on here.

I redid the list into an easier, organized format......

comments?

Looks great.

You can take Lowell off the list though, because you have him down as Ordonez and his default stance that EA gave him is Ordonez.

Trust me, take a look at Style 9 and you'll agree it's a much better delivery for Dontrelle than his default one which throws overarm instead of sidearm like in real life.

Alfonseca's real life delivery is definitely 10000% Redman in the game.

Lowell does not have his own batting stance in the game, EA gave him Magglio Ordonez' batting stance.

And D-Train's batting stance that EA gave him is simply the upright one, while he does stand upright, the bat isn't above his head. I think Chavez, Closed, and Glaus are similar to his real life stance. Glaus is probably the most similar, but I just wish it had more bat wiggle and motion kind of like Ortiz, but with a more straight up stance.

Sure it would be cool to meet someone from the boards. Also check out the Marlins forums at www.marlinsbaseball.com they are by far the best Marlins forums around, pretty big community and lot's of great fans. My username on there is the same as on here.

First off, Lowell does have his own batting stance. 14xv.th.jpg

So please do some RESEARCH on that.

Yes, my username is MarlinsFanatik9 on the marlins forums.

First off, Lowell does have his own batting stance. 14xv.th.jpg

So please do some RESEARCH on that.

Yes, my username is MarlinsFanatik9 on the marlins forums.

Wow, never saw that. How come EA would give him his own stance, but then make him Ordonez in the game and not use the stance they initially gave him? Either way, that's pretty cool and i'm going to have to check it out. I've got MVPEdit but I don't really use it, guess i'm going to start :D.

mark bellhorn: beltre

Wrong. Leave it as Generic. Bellhorn's slightly closed but he has little bat movement if at all, and doesn't hold it in the same place Beltre does in the game.

here are the updates:

batting stances

david eckstien-burnitz

ryan langerhans-klesko

Thomson-Closed

Maddux-Open

pitching

paul byrd-gibson

i still need the following batting stances translated:

hampton

hammystance6kg.png

letier

letierstance8og.png

betiment

betimentstance2bt.png

orr i'm saying chipper on this, but i'm looking for a second opnion.

orrstance5ml.png

furcal's second look

furcalstance3gk.png

i will post some new shots of players very shortly. please tell me who you think these players should have the stance of.

Archived