Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Yanks fans have any idea what to use for Cano?

I barely saw his stance in his first at-bat today.

I think I saw a bit of Chipper Jones' stance?

i'll see if i can get a screenie for you later. the yankee game is on tv where i am.

can someone create like a save save of updated rosters plus those updated correct stances and pitching motions for player imean that would be great help

Use the Search button to find the ultimate roster project thread. They're working hard to make the best rosters possible, stances, stats, atts.

Hey, this is a awesome topic. Here are the Jays edits that I have done. Some are different from what is listed on the first page, never know they might be better suited for them then the one used now.

The oned I edited that differ from the ones in this topic and the new ones, please give me some feedback on if they are good enough or is there something better.

Thanks guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russ Adams

Batting Stance: Alou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Bush

Socks: High

Pitcher Delivery: Lowe

Gustavo Chacin

Pitcher Delivery: Willis

Eric Hinske

Batting Stance: Ortiz

Orlando Hudson

Batting Stance: Vina

Ted Lilly

Delivery: D. Wells

John McDonald

Batting Stance: Beltre

Tim Murphy (SCAB)

Name: Frank Menechino

Batting Stance: Durham

Alexis Rios

Socks: Low

Batting Stance: Boone

Scott Schoenweis

Pitcher Delivery: Hoffman

Justin Speier

Pitcher Delivery: K. Brown

Josh Towers

Pitcher Delivery: Moyer

Vernon Wells

Socks: Low

Gregg Zaun

Batting Stance: Ordonez

Socks: High

Give Doug Mirabelli Beltre's stance.

Kevin Youkilis=Classic 3. Youk is not closed so Vina doesn't work. Classic 3 has similar bat angle and is crouched (but not as crouched as Youk)

Trot Nixon-Walker or Burnitz

Varitek-I'd leave at open.

Tejada-Vlad Guerrero

Does anyone have a stance for Jimmy Rollins?

For Paul Byrd's delivery I have Catfish Hunter

Marlins Batting Stances

Juan Pierre: Beltre

Mike Lowell: Bagwell

Luis Castillo: Generic 2

Lenny Harris: L. Gonzalez

Damion Easley: Lofton

Chris Aguila: Generic

Dontrelle Willis: Ortiz (also jack his power and contact ratings way up)

Juan Encarnacion: Walker

Marlins Pitching Deliveries

Josh Beckett: Schilling

Antonio Alfonseca: Redman

Dontrelle Willis: Style 9 (EA totally messed up his delivery, they've got him throwing overhand, it's a joke)

Whiteside who's a LRP on the Jays uses Matt Morris' delivery.. he may not be with the team much longer though as he has an era of like 19 in 2 appearances

Is he even in MVP 2005?If so where?

Whiteside who's a LRP on the Jays uses Matt Morris' delivery.. he may not be with the team much longer though as he has an era of like 19 in 2 appearances

thanks, I've been waiting for a delivery style for him, even though he's sucking in the MLB. (I use him on my AAA team as a CAP.)

Hey cybernetic, do you mind posting the CAP of him that you have? and his stats etc....?

thanks.

what is a CAP? not sure what that is but I can post his stats:

you can go here for all his stats in the majors/minors:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/matt_whiteside.shtml

Here's his mlb.com page:

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...layer_id=124209

And from the game he pitched in yesterday for the Jays I got some info on his pitches:

His stamina seems to be about 30.. pick average

FB: control around 70, velocity 92-94

Curve: about 4-5 movement, control around 60, velocity 81-83, 11-5 trajectory

Change (he rarely throws this, usually the curve and FB): movement around 2-3, control about the same as the curve, velocity 82-85, trajectory has a slight drop to it

Marlins Batting Stances

Juan Pierre: Beltre

Mike Lowell: Bagwell

Luis Castillo: Generic 2

Lenny Harris: L. Gonzalez

Damion Easley: Lofton

Chris Aguila: Generic

Dontrelle Willis: Ortiz (also jack his power and contact ratings way up)

Juan Encarnacion: Walker

Marlins Pitching Deliveries

Josh Beckett: Schilling

Antonio Alfonseca: Redman

Dontrelle Willis: Style 9 (EA totally messed up his delivery, they've got him throwing overhand, it's a joke)

Are you kidding me with the Batting Stances.

First of all, JP batting stance is no where near Adrian Beltre's. And why would you change Lowell's batting stance, if he has his own? D-Train has his own batting stance as well, he brings his leg up high. Also the batting Stance they have for Castillo is quite similar, except Castillo chokes up a lot on his bat. I agree with Encarnacion's stance. Lenny Harris stance should be like either a Delgado or something similar.

As for pitching

D-Train pitching style is fine, it's better then Style 9

And Alfonseca's pitching style that EA has is fine.

Curious, do you watch any Marlins games? :roll:

Are you kidding me with the Batting Stances.

First of all, JP batting stance is no where near Adrian Beltre's. And why would you change Lowell's batting stance, if he has his own? D-Train has his own batting stance as well, he brings his leg up high. Also the batting Stance they have for Castillo is quite similar, except Castillo chokes up a lot on his bat. I agree with Encarnacion's stance. Lenny Harris stance should be like either a Delgado or something similar.

As for pitching

D-Train pitching style is fine, it's better then Style 9

And Alfonseca's pitching style that EA has is fine.

Curious, do you watch any Marlins games? :roll:

Actually, i'm a Marlins season ticket holder in the Founders Club, thanks for asking. :roll:

JP's batting stance is almost identical to Beltre's batting stance in the game; in real life their stances are nothing alike but in the game Beltre's batting stance is very similar to JP's real life batting stance. He should be bent over just a little bit more and the bat waggle should slightly slower, but aside from that the stances are identical.

Lowell and D-Train do not have their own batting stances in the game, what are you talking about? There are no Marlins players at all on the main list on the first page, am I missing something here? Mind you, I did not read all 20+ pages, just the first page and the last page.

D-Trains pitching delivery in the game is horrible, yeah it has his patented leg kick but they have him throwing overarm which is NOTHING like what he does in real life. Style 9 has a pretty high leg kick and it's got him throwing sidearm, it's the most similar to his real life delivery. Alfonseca's delivery is the same as Redman's in the game, no clue why you're arguing this.

Back to Lowell, D-Train, and Luis... you said they have their own batting stances, do you mean someone made custom stances or something that I can download, because EA did not give them their own personal stances.

Archived