Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

Any White Sox batting stances? specifically for Brian Anderson, Ross Gload, and Alex Cintron

Brian Anderson is close enough to Generic to use that stance. There's really nothing out of the ordinary to Brian's stance or swing to merit using any other stance.

Ross Gload is fairly easy. Go with either Generic 2 or A-Rod. Those are the closest, though Gload's stance is a bit more open than those two. Gload may be a bit upright as the pitcher is taking signs, but he crouches down a bit and times the pitch by tapping his right foot and also rolls his wrists at the top for timing.

Alex Cintron is a tough one because as a switch hitter, his batting stance is different from both sides of the plate. When he bats righthanded, he closes his forward shoulder, pins the bat back towards his right biceps and rocks the bat, similar to the Everett stance in the game... but from the left side of the dish, his stance is far more open and has more movement with his hands, similar to Walker or Burnitz.

As for some of the other players:

Joe Crede holds his hands very high at the top of his swing while keeping his weight back on his right foot with a significant crouch as the pitch is coming in. Ordonez would be the closest game stance.

Tadahito Iguchi keeps his hands high and away from his body with a stiff left leg and open stance. Klesko would be the closest game stance.

AJP is a bit between stances. While he has a slightly open stance, he stands mostly upright placing him somewhere between the open and upright game stances. I think I use upright for AJ.

Pablo Ozuna has a very relaxed, almost lazy stance and doesn't make much physical effort until the pitch is almost in the hit zone. He stands mostly upright and keeps the bat parallel to the ground, so I would use the Boone game stance.

Mackowiak stands open with a little crouch and a lot of hand movement on top. There really isn't a stance that is dead-on for Mackowiak, but Walker or Burnitz might be closest.

There isn't a "swing yourself into the ground, regardless of where the pitch is thrown" batting stance to use for Juan Uribe, so the closest for him would be the crouched game stance.

Podsednik has a pretty textbook batting stance... a little bit open, relaxed crouch, hands over back shoulder with a little bat tilt. Generic works for Pods. Jermaine Dye, like Podsednik and Anderson, has a fairly generic stance, so it should work for him as well.

I can list some of the prospects as well if you wish, like Ryan Sweeney, Josh Fields, Aaron Cunningham, Jerry Owens, Chris Getz, Casey Rogowski, Chris Stewart, etc....

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Anybody care to take a crack at the Orioles starting lineup? I would like to make changes if I can.

Here is what I have thus far:

B. Roberts - Upright

M. Mora - Guerrero

N. Markakis - Bagwell (this was my doing, hes a bit more crouched but it's really close)

M. Tejada - Everett

R. Hernandez - Crouched

J. Gibbons - torn between S. Green and Burnitz (it's at Green right now)

A. Huff - Open

K. Millar - Guerrero

C. Patterson - Glaus

LMK what you would change.

• 1 month later...

Matsuzaka: Ohka, Seo, or Hasegawa?

I hate giving anybody but Jae Seo his windup because it takes so long, it extends the game by 15 minutes pitching with that windup. I almost intentionally put somebody on base so I can pitch from the stretch with pitchers with that windup! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotta say - the stance they have for Chris Duncan (STL, LF) is waaaaay off in the KG rosters that came with the 07 mod. (Dunno about UR, haven't looked at that option).

He's all bent at the waist and such - not even close to how he is in real life. He's very upright in real life.

LINK: http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/multimedi...ve.jsp?c_id=stl

Look at Oct 17th, "Duncan's pinch-hit homer".

or just see below:

[video width=400 height=300]mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/tp/archive10/101706_nynsln_duncan_hr_tp_350.wmv

He's generic in the roster, and I don't think there's a better fit.

untitled8us1.jpg

If my stinkin' game was RUNNING right now, I'd take a screen shot - but he is NOT generic by default when I install the mod with KG rosters option. He is REALLY bent at the waist... like... it a MAJOR way, not sure whose stance it is, like I said, can't load the game after installing the patch.

Which sucks, by the way.

I just re-installed the 07 mod. I have not done ANY patches or roster updates yet. I did it with the kg option. You are correct - he has the generic stance.

I guess maybe I must've installed a roster update from UR somewhere along the way and forgotten about it.

I apologize for misleading you.

So - in light of this new evidence... (I've always wanted to say that)...

Hey - The stance for Chris Duncan in the UR rosters is way off. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived