Proper Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries

cubsfaninfla

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them, the only thing that is not accomplishable is getting a stance for JJ Hardy or Brandon Phillips.

Floyd for Hamilton works, But Generic and Rodriguez work too.

Anybody have a good pitching wind up for Jake Peavy?

here is a list of twins players if you have any edits/suggestions please tell me

Mauer-Ordonez *Thome/Burnitz

Punto-Ortiz *H. Matsui/Alou

Morneau-Floyd

Cuddyer-Piazza *Glaus

Kubel-Piazza *Thome

Redmond-Sosa *Gluas

Guerrier-T. Hudson

Casilla-Renteria *Beltre/closed

Slowey-4

Bonser-T. Hudson

Buscher-H. Matusi

Tolbert-Generic

G. Perkins-4

Mijares-7

Blackburn-8

Span-Griffey

Morales-Klesko

Baker-Glavine

Nathan-7

Ayala-??

Breslow-??

Crain??

Dickey-??

Liriano-??

Crede-??

Harris-??

Gomez-??

Couldn't you put Mauer as the Larry Walker stance? I think the Larry Walker stance looks pretty good for some guys like Beltran, Rasmus, Mauer, ect.

i don't like the way he moves, mauer's stance in real life seems just still and in walker he moves a lot and it annoys me

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I was trying to figure out what stance to give to Denard Span. I was thinking of giving him Reggie Jackson's stance, but I'm not completely sure. What do you think his stance should be?

Also, what stance should I give to Landon Powell? He seems to have a slightly open stance, but he's also crouched a little. I thinking about giving him either Generic, Crouched, Burnitz, Delgado, Giambi, Green, Klesko, M. Ordonez, Thome, or Walker.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I was trying to figure out what stance to give to Denard Span. I was thinking of giving him Reggie Jackson's stance, but I'm not completely sure. What do you think his stance should be?

Also, what stance should I give to Landon Powell? He seems to have a slightly open stance, but he's also crouched a little. I thinking about giving him either Generic, Crouched, Burnitz, Delgado, Giambi, Green, Klesko, M. Ordonez, Thome, or Walker.

I like Delgado for Span, since there both kind of open, Reggie Jackson could work too. As for Powell, I would use Walker or Crouched.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it occurs or if it's just a bug or whatever, but it bothered me.

While I was pitching with Brad Penny (BOS), his pitching delivery was ok (Zito, I guess). Then, the batter hit a single. Batter on 1st base, new batter coming up. All of a sudden, Penny isn't performing Zito's ritual, or whatever it is called. He just throws the ball, without dancing with the legs like he usually does.

So, my question is: is this a bug, or is it normal to happen when there's runners on base?

Thank you ^_^

I don't know if it occurs or if it's just a bug or whatever, but it bothered me.

While I was pitching with Brad Penny (BOS), his pitching delivery was ok (Zito, I guess). Then, the batter hit a single. Batter on 1st base, new batter coming up. All of a sudden, Penny isn't performing Zito's ritual, or whatever it is called. He just throws the ball, without dancing with the legs like he usually does.

So, my question is: is this a bug, or is it normal to happen when there's runners on base?

Thank you ^_^

It's called pitching from the stretch. Don't watch baseball much do you?

I began to watch last year, and actually, I do watch a lot.

But, what do you mean by that?

Thanks, man.

**Actually, I "discovered" baseball last year. So, i'm kind of new to many things in the game. It's like I learn something new every game :D

****Done a little research on google. I think I understood.

I began to watch last year, and actually, I do watch a lot.

But, what do you mean by that?

Thanks, man.

**Actually, I "discovered" baseball last year. So, i'm kind of new to many things in the game. It's like I learn something new every game :D

****Done a little research on google. I think I understood.

Yeah, cause if he pitched in that long Zito stance the runner on 1st would easily be able to steal second since once you start a full windup you can't go back, but in a stretch you can.

Nick Green (BOS) - PIAZZA. I think it's very similar.

I'm not 100% pleased with Jacoby Ellsbury's Generic stance, so i'm still looking for a better one.

For Ellsbury I use Walker. Generic is what 08 comes with and yeah there is no way it's that, mayble Klesko would be good too.

For Ellsbury I use Walker. Generic is what 08 comes with and yeah there is no way it's that, mayble Klesko would be good too.

I'll try those. Thanks

By the way, what stance do you use for Bay? Ordonez is okay, but his legs are a little more spread in real life...

Archived