Baseup! Rosters 2014 ~ (Phase 1)

Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters 2014 ~ (Phase 1)

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 20 May 2014

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.1

[2014 Early Season * Phase 1]

*** works best with MVP08 and MVP 12 Total Conversion ***

INSTALLATION: Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball

<data/database> subfolder

***First of all, a tremendous thanks to YYHMST for keeping these moving forward! He did a great amount of work with some player creation and especially the moves. This update COULD NOT have been done without him!!

VERSION: 2014 Phase 1 (MLB Focused)

Release Date: 05.20.14

• Balanced rosters with 12 or 13 pitchers per team

• Free Agency pool cleaned up and reflecting current majors pool

• Transactions to date of release (please note any corrections needed)

• Season-ending injured players kept at organization’s lower levels
  • (note: game may move them to upper levels)

• 3 versions available:
  • HR% and Star Power intact; HR% only intact; and NO HR% and NO Star Power (which I prefer for more realism)

Click here to download this file

Absolutely no way I would have considered this without YYHMST's work from my roster set from last year. He deserves a great, great amount of credit.

Almost needless to say this will remain MLB based. I may release one more adjunct sub-set where the season-ending injury players are moved to the FA pool.

What portraits go with these rosters? I think the ones I got might be messed up.

As long as portrait makers are using the official ID list, they should match up. I doubt YYHMST changed very much, but there can always be a few off.

I did find one attribute error. Tom Koehler, MIA pitcher, should have a 93 mph FB. It can be easily corrected by going into <pitcher.dat> and change the value for him for slot #7, which is the FB pitch speed. It currently says something in the 60's.

Found a few other "needs". Some RP's have stamina too high. This will be corrected in the next release. Also, Bobby Abreu had to undergo a generic makeover since his cyber is no longer available. His look and numbers need to be adjusted.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the K-Rod ID mixed up with the Francisco M. pitcher. I imported last year's K-Rod correct file to this roster and simply changed his first name to K-Rod so I stop confusing this. Fran M. has been eliminated. Apparently there is another active FR, but he's in a very low league.

Thanks for your work! The rosters look good so far, one thing to note is that Carlos Gonzalez is still a LF, there was talk before the season of moving him to CF but he never made the move. A small thing, but wanted to mention. Starting outfield ended up as: Cargo LF Charlie Blackmon CF Cuddyer RF, Dickerson is there but never really ended up as main starter. Either way, they're great so far!

Red

Thanks for the feedback and glad you're enjoying them. When I do the AS break version, I'll be taking a look at depth charts, injuries, etc., as I've done before. If I have time, I'll make contact/power adjustments to MAJOR contributors to a team and look at any large discrepancies for particular pitchers (which I would welcome feedback on now before the fact). For example, while testing out the cpu v cpu rosters, I noticed Teheran's pitches seemed off just because of the nature of them. Verlander will need an adjustment too, but I can't know everyone and I'm not going to take a look at every single pitcher.

Addendum: actually I've already started on this for pitchers. You'll see a good number of pitchers with everything from minor to significant makeovers regarding their pitches.

• 3 weeks later...