Sky Dome 2005 Coming Soon

carter

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thug4lfie67, I would love to answer your question with great certainty, but right now I just don't know. I've always wanted to get it done by the end of April, but right now that's looking doubtful. So today, I don't want to get pinned down to a date because it may in the end not be realistic. I have a lot going on right now guys so it may take me awhile. However, the good news is that JPG has taken up the challenge and is making excellent progress on the Rogers Centre. So hopefully there will be one mod done real soon.

Cartersyard cancled his Rogers update because of begging?..what the hell!!. Begging can be a good thing sometimes, it shows there's a demand and intrest in someone's mod. Thats sush a silly reason to cancel a mod. I thought the reason was that the dude was busy with is chick and his life not begging!!. If you ask me thats such a childish reason to cancel his work.

Cartersyard cancled his Rogers update because of begging?..what the hell!!. Begging can be a good thing sometimes, it shows there's a demand and intrest in someone's mod. Thats sush a silly reason to cancel a mod. I thought the reason was that the dude was busy with is chick and his life not begging!!. If you ask me thats such a childish reason to cancel his work.

Well I disagree..I would think it's pretty annoying and gives him more pressure, the begging have been really bad lately for him to release the update, so yeah he's probably pressured, especially with other stuff he has..he got a life too ya know. I'm a huge jays fan and I really want to see a update Rogers Center, and I'm pretty disappointed but I wouldn't pressure him, if it's done..great..if not, i'm sure there's someone else..like JPG to finish it up..hopefully :) heck Rogers center already looks good in the game..just few years old, and those EA logos, but meh, i can live with that.

Maybe Carteryard should start the Rogers Center update for 2006, he might be done for openning day:)..just joking. Man, i'm not trying to dis the guy..i understand he's got **** to do....but all this thing about pressuring and all...it shouldnt' really affect him...you can't let something like an update for a video game upset him to cancel it. Thats the problem with people sometimes, they are too serious and senstive...gatta relax, be cool with things...enjoy life and not let silly things get to you.

PS. Jpg is the man!:)

Maybe Carteryard should start the Rogers Center update for 2006, he might be done for openning day:)..just joking. Man, i'm not trying to dis the guy..i understand he's got [naughty word] to do....but all this thing about pressuring and all...it shouldnt' really affect him...you can't let something like an update for a video game upset him to cancel it. Thats the problem with people sometimes, they are too serious and senstive...gatta relax, be cool with things...enjoy life and not let silly things get to you.

PS. Jpg is the man!:)

No offense, but it's really easy for somebody to say "relax" when they're not the one working on the mod. Do you have any mod-making experience? Do you have any idea how much work goes into making them? If the answer is "no" to either of the two questions, then you should be the one "relaxing" here. If he's halted work on Rogers Centre, I'm sure he has his reasons, but whatever they are, they're his reasons, regardless of whether or not they're OK with everybody else. If they have anything to do with people pestering him about when it's going to be finished, so be it. Heck, I'd applaud the guy for having the stones to admit as much if that were the case ;).

We mod for the enjoyment of fixing EA's mistakes and seeing something we made in a video game. We don't get paid for what we do. We don't hold to deadlines hard and fast (because this isn't the real world, despite what some people may think). We care about the accuracy and quality of our work. Sometimes, we take pestering to heart because of the relative ignorance of the people who request certain things and their lack of patience when something isn't done quite soon enough. We take criticism and gratitude into account when doing our work.

Damn, I feel like I just wrote the Modder's Manifesto :p

Anyways, patience is a virtue. CY, if you ever resume work on Rogers Centre, I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product :)

We mod for the enjoyment of fixing EA's mistakes and seeing something we made in a video game. We don't get paid for what we do. We don't hold to deadlines hard and fast (because this isn't the real world, despite what some people may think). We care about the accuracy and quality of our work. Sometimes, we take pestering to heart because of the relative ignorance of the people who request certain things and their lack of patience when something isn't done quite soon enough. We take criticism and gratitude into account when doing our work.

Damn, I feel like I just wrote the Modder's Manifesto :p

Damn Moser, you should post that on every add-on site.

I think we know plenty of people that would appreciate that stickied at the top of a forum.

:D

Archived