Jump to content
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomba

Brand New MLB 2K12 REShade Effect (with screenshots)

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to show a REShade preset I've been working on using the latest version of REShade.

Below are in-game pic with both the REShade effect on and off.

                                                                                   

.........................FINAL UPDATE 4/28/18.................

Original non REShade  screenshots are first and the 2nd screenshot is with the REShade preset effect turned on.

c58yC5b.png3az9sFw.png

OpnHWiZ.png

VIT7GfA.png

qVlZ63Z.pngGiHP6NV.png61DHenS.pngfiHYgaB.pngNHd3zMq.pnggkfIDhp.pngZSfmcbX.pngkwcdwAe.png92fzuVe.pngZmDe8fa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this available for testing to the modders? I wanna see how my new mods look with it. PM me if you don't mind. Thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

These are pretty damn good!!!

Thank You! I will have to say though these look best when you set the game to 1600X900

 

6 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Is this available for testing to the modders? I wanna see how my new mods look with it. PM me if you don't mind. Thanks man

It will be available for all very soon after I do my testing myself. I'm exhaustively trying to find the right balance that works for sunny,partly cloudy and cloudy along with day afternoon and night

 

However I am STRINGLY urging playing with this REShade with a  resolution of 1600X900. Unfortunatelky this is NOT a game that looks good in 4k due to the games lack of ambient occlusion etc. we have to FORCE a lot with lower resolutions being made into what "looks like" a next gen game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I would love to be able to use to help make this game look more realistic (imho) would be to get adaptive fog working.  It gives the illusion of distance, along with DOF of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Ok. Sounds good my friend. Can't wait to try it out!

I'll be tweaking some things here and there and finalizing soon

1 hour ago, andygev35 said:

The one thing I would love to be able to use to help make this game look more realistic (imho) would be to get adaptive fog working.  It gives the illusion of distance, along with DOF of course.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

One of thing im surprised ISNT working Maybe ill research this more so I can see what can be done

 

however again I can not stress enough that lowering your resolution while adding my reshade preset makes th egame actually look better and adds some effects lighting and shadows that are NOT there when trying to go anything above 900p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tomba  spectacular, wonderful that effect makes the game better and has a more realistic look is totally different. Congratulations is a great job.  :yahoo:

I only have one doubt, ¿this effect will also be visible or notorious in low or medium resolutions?

 

thank you very much for your great contribution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@tomba  spectacular, wonderful that effect makes the game better and has a more realistic look is totally different. Congratulations is a great job.  :yahoo:

I only have one doubt, ¿this effect will also be visible or notorious in low or medium resolutions?

 

thank you very much for your great contribution 

The problem I have with any resolution above 900p is that it is too clean looking without the added texture quality

 

the overall texture quality of the game is from 2012 pretty much. video games have come along way in the fidelity market and only IF the textures are completely done with new meshes etc does higher resolutions work so I am sticking to 1600X900p for this game and will do 440p with mlb the show 18 on ps4 pro as it should be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any improvements on this mod yet? I can't wait to see the final product. Keep up the great work man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 6:40 PM, tomba said:

The problem I have with any resolution above 900p is that it is too clean looking without the added texture quality

 

the overall texture quality of the game is from 2012 pretty much. video games have come along way in the fidelity market and only IF the textures are completely done with new meshes etc does higher resolutions work so I am sticking to 1600X900p for this game and will do 440p with mlb the show 18 on ps4 pro as it should be

 

Dang I play in 2160p or 1080p so I'll have to lower it...cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Any improvements on this mod yet? I can't wait to see the final product. Keep up the great work man!

Someone mentioned fog effects here and I've been focusing on this lately by making the game "look" as if its more "misty"?

 

Since RESHADE can only be one effect at a time I'm trying to make a global reshade that works with any game actually. so im really trying to nail the color I have a tint within this preset that eliminates any and every olive,orange color pallete ever in any game  you guys know what im talking about that ugly tint that many games had back on 360 etc?

 

Im gutted that mlb 2k7 wasn't on pc that game with this reshade preset would be amazing

 

 

6 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

 

Dang I play in 2160p or 1080p so I'll have to lower it...cool.

Yes I would lower because I CAN play the game at those high resolutions BUT in my testing I cant make it look better at higher resolutions because I loose that kind of "reality grit" that 900p gives it

 

this is interesting because I felt that the xbox one at 900p was actually better than 1080p for some games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't even get reshade 3's overlay to work in the game.  The only way I can get reshade to work at all is to use an older version < 3.0.  I'm using 2.0.3 which uses a separate window for applying shaders, albeit it does apply them instantly without the need to restart the game.  Multiple shaders can be used simultaneously, but after some experimenting, it looks like the reason AdaptiveFog and DepthHaze don't work is that they require a game that uses a depth buffer.  Apparently 2k12 doesn't... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andygev35 said:

I can't even get reshade 3's overlay to work in the game.  The only way I can get reshade to work at all is to use an older version < 3.0.  I'm using 2.0.3 which uses a separate window for applying shaders, albeit it does apply them instantly without the need to restart the game.  Multiple shaders can be used simultaneously, but after some experimenting, it looks like the reason AdaptiveFog and DepthHaze don't work is that they require a game that uses a depth buffer.  Apparently 2k12 doesn't... 

And an enb wouldnt work together with a newer version of reshade?

 

I;m going to post new screen shots soon but ultimately the problem is that the player faces are inconsistent with proper light masking so some players(even cyberfaces0 tend to be ghostly looking/zombie looking

 

To fix THAT along with crowd faces would be key

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tomba said:

And an enb wouldnt work together with a newer version of reshade?

I did try ENBinjector, but couldn't get that to work with reshade 3.0 either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It crashes if there is an error in the SweetfxSetting file. Go back through and make sure all of your numbers are inputted correctly.

 

See if you can start it without the graphic mod installed. Just a hunch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tomba said:

mY MLB 2K12 KEEPS CRASHING

 

tHIS PORJECT IS OVER

 

BUYING PS4 PRO AND WILL JUST PLAY MLB THE SHOW

Bro you don't start something, get everyone hopes up and just quit...lol

 

At least pass what you did to someone with a history of Reshade mods and let them continue to tweak, or just check the files on steam and reinstall, there is no reason to just give up. Its a PC game, crashes happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably just really upset. I think he just needs time to cool off and figure out his issue. Problem solving is a HUGE part of modding. I'm actually working on a SeeetFX setting mod that looks damn close to what he had as well. 

Besides, The Show's gameplay is garbage. If 2K could make another MLB game with the same technology as the NBA 2k series....game over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, picklebrad said:

If 2K could make another MLB game with the same technology as the NBA 2k series....game over.

I couldn't agree more.  I bought a PS4 Pro last year for The Show 17.  Loved the visuals, gameplay was not even as good as MLB 2K12.  3 months later, sold the PS4 and went back to my beloved 2K12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Behindshadows said:

Bro you don't start something, get everyone hopes up and just quit...lol

 

At least pass what you did to someone with a history of Reshade mods and let them continue to tweak, or just check the files on steam and reinstall, there is no reason to just give up. Its a PC game, crashes happen.

You and pickle are right i might just reinstall it again once i have time

13 hours ago, picklebrad said:

 

 

11 hours ago, andygev35 said:

I couldn't agree more.  I bought a PS4 Pro last year for The Show 17.  Loved the visuals, gameplay was not even as good as MLB 2K12.  3 months later, sold the PS4 and went back to my beloved 2K12.

I disagree MLB the show 17 played and looked amazing at least with the slider set and roster i had used

 

Only went back to mlb 2k12 cuz the pro i had met its maker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should revisit SweetFX as well, but I am beginning to become more aware of the fact that people play this game on full scale TVs and not on a PC monitor so I would have to take that into account when I'm tinkering with colors and brightness/contrast/gamma/tint settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomba said:

UPDATED FIRST POST!

 

Crashed because of a roster file

NICE! I knew you could figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, picklebrad said:

NICE! I knew you could figure it out.

Im very excited its made the game much better for me

 

however two things need adress

 

1)player faces

2)player uniform textures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.