Updating Rosters and Faces MLB2k12

Behindshadows

Okay I give up trying to make Cyberfaces show up properly in rosters.

I used Roster Tool 1.1 and nothing changes, faces are still generic.

Used Reditor II still same results! Not sure what's going on.

I have went through 30Plus Pages and redownloaded every cyberface available and still the majority of the teams still show generic faces.

Decided to do a from scratch roster with accurate lineups and current lineups as of 5/3/19

Full 25 Man Rosters - with all minor leagues accurate too when done!

I'll do a google drive for all the faces that are to be in the game, and will renumber them to show up properly with all future photo files.

Screenshot (81).png

20 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

I'm assuming you are giving each player their correct face ID number?  :unknw:

Of course I'm no rookie at roster editing, I've been doing mods for 9 years. I know how to change the CF ID's.

I'm not just dropping CF's in the folder, I do go through and edit them one by one to assure the right photos and CF's Id match the Player Faces ID numbers etc.

Fact is a lot of them are still showing generic faces on the field, but in the menus, in roster management, the faces show up fine.

But once on the field it's a generic model, they don't show up in game.

44 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

didn't think you were a rookie.  :good: sometimes I forget to change face IDs to the correct one for each player. The only thing I can think of is that something is faulty with one or more roster files that causes this issue.

Agreed because some of the faces were working at first, and then I kept adding Cyberfaces and then they stopped working. I'll have to start with a fresh install and see what caused the issue.

I've seen that kind of problems for a long time, sometimes it also happens that some players in the game have the same cyberface as another, even though their ID are different and correct. the only solution to this is, creating again the player who presents that problem or editing a retired player. in this way I have solved some players that do not show their cyberface even though they have it. greetings bro.

4 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Also, make sure each team has no more than 25 players per roster.

I'm editing that right now to see if that helps

6 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

I've seen that kind of problems for a long time, sometimes it also happens that some players in the game have the same cyberface as another, even though their ID are different and correct. the only solution to this is, creating again the player who presents that problem or editing a retired player. in this way I have solved some players that do not show their cyberface even though they have it. greetings bro.

Yeah there has to be a solution somewhere.

I have had that happen to me with a couple of players it drove me nuts , I finally just checked to see what cf id was not being used in my game and edited it to that and found peace. It make a little more work later when you do new faces to make sure you do not duplicate the numbers but with ty'sroster editor it is possible 

I had soemthing not with cybers, just regular created faces in-game, but I made a great face for Guerrero Jr using the in-game editor and the portrait refuses to look anything like it. Don't know if that's a related thing or not.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Behindshadows said:

Decided to do a from scratch roster with accurate lineups and current lineups as of 5/3/19

Full 25 Man Rosters - with all minor leagues accurate too when done!

If you pull this off it will be tremendously useful for the 2K12 community. This would be huge.

Thank you! Right now the game is such a mess with respect to cybers, player ids, etc. I guess as long as it's a logical system that is easy for future face creators to use, it should be extremely useful.

10 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@Behindshadows  thank you very much for all the time and effort that you are dedicating, to make this possible, any questions or help that you need I am at your disposal. greetings bro. 👍👍😁😁😁

Thanks I'll probably need help with updating the stats and ratings once the 25 man roster is done, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived