Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

Current Release: version 0.23 Beta, released May 11th

This topic should serve as my feedback forum and update grounds for this set.

I could really use some help with getting info for many teams. I could also really use to valuable input on getting simmed stats to work out better; specifically Ks and BBs.

Please don't be short on the feedback, more is better.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry if this sounds bad but can you explain this system to me. I didnt use it last year. I could help with the Cubs if you need me too when I have some free time. I appreciate any feedback!

it's just a roster set ... last year's version (and future version of this set) will include a datafile.txt and a set of sliders for recomeneded gameplay ... it will also likely include a progression mod from BillHarris44 if he allows it ... the idea is that this is a system to take care of the entire gameplay end

this release is beta, with the additional level of minor leagues this year the game is even more complex and challenging to get a good roster set in place for ... it took me twice as long to do my own team, the Mariners this year, even with great info from Olyrunner ... so the more info I can get from people filling out the spreadsheet (also avaliable for download herein) the better ... I have info on the Yankees, with more to come ... I have a good set of info on the cards, being tweaked by another cards fan ... I have promises from people for info on the Brewers, Indians, some help on the Cubs (from another member), and links to info on other teams that would be even better if someone could sort into a spreadsheet for me

this year I work full time (45-50 hours per week) and don't have loads of free time for this, but I still tink I can get a good set ready by the week of Opening Day (what I would term version 1.0) ... my goal there would be to have the MLB totally complete and adjusted per Opening Day and then to have at the very least all the AAA with real players and all the top prospects 10 minimum for each team created and in place ...

I havent gotten to test the rosters yet, but what has been done with the Yankees system so far? I have completed a spreadsheet for both the majors and AAA and i have the players/lineups set up for AA and single A but im still calculating the ratings.

I have a basic set of info for the Yanks, but nothing special ... the only farm system where a ton of work was done was the Mariners which is basically complete ... I'll be going to whichever I team I have the most complete info for next, and working through them all by Opening Day

special note: version 0.02 Beta is being uploaded shortly and will fix many issues ... I've lurked around the forum a bit to scoop up as much info as possible and fix issues ... so I have given credit where I could to people for speaking out

sliders and datafile.txt stuff is still not ready, though a good chance I will have something together and ready by March 7th when I release my first big update ...

please post ALL changes to be made in this thread guys, it makes it easier on me to check one place ... if you have a spreadsheet, email it to me and I will make use of it on a first come, first served basis for teams

I'll post the changes in this thread:

Mike Fetters is a Free Agent

Mark DeRosa is on the Rangers

Omar Daal is a FA

David Segui is a FA

Ellis Burks is a FA

Ricky Gutierrez is a Mariner

Sandy Martinez is on the Tigers

Tom Goodwin is a FA

Rey Ordonez is a FA

Darren Bragg is on the Indians

Mike Matthews is on the Mets

Damian Moss is a FA

Franklyn Gracesqui is a FA

Aaron Small is a Yankee

(Personal Opinion) I would raise Dejesus's speed to at least 70

Brain Falkenborg is a Padre

Lou Merloni is an Angel

Adrian Hernandez is a FA

Ricky Bottalico is a Brewer

Vic Darensborg is a FA

C.J. Nitkowski is a Twin

Jim Mecir is a Marlin

Lou Collier is a FA

Doug Glanville is a Yankee

Shawn Wooten is a Red Sox

Tony Alvarez is on the White Sox

Andy Ashby is a FA

Antonio Osuna is a National

Bo Hart is not a switch hitter

Jeremi Gonzalez is a Red Sox

Damon Rolls is a Yankee

Rey Sanchez is a Yankee

Randall Simon is a FA (might want to change POS to 1B)

Rocky Biddle is a FA

Rich Aurilia is a Red

Dave Berg is on the Red Sox

Eric Munson is a Twin

Rob Fick is a FA

Jackcasper, feel free to use my roster template in any way that can help you organize player movement, update jersey's etc. i would open two mvp edits, one with your real baseball system and the other, the roster template. just wanted to make that offer.

I've said in a dozen threads and will say it again ... I firmly believe two people doing a roster without a strict formula (which I don't use) is going to be a disatrous effot 9 times out of 10 ... you just can't expect two people to do ratings close enough to make things work ... we are sharing information very openly and certainly peaking at each other's work, but together wouldn't work ... I think llcmac probably feels about the same way

I've said in a dozen threads and will say it again ... I firmly believe two people doing a roster without a strict formula (which I don't use) is going to be a disatrous effot 9 times out of 10 ... you just can't expect two people to do ratings close enough to make things work ... we are sharing information very openly and certainly peaking at each other's work, but together wouldn't work ... I think llcmac probably feels about the same way

This is a good thing. So long as you guys have a general idea of the ratings levels for each level, I think things will work out well. One thing to keep track of is that high ratings for "Star Quality" should be monitored very closely. I'd say probably 60-70% of minor leaguers should be "None" or "Some", and maybe only 7-10 guys TOTAL in all of the minors should be "Superstar".

Archived