Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

that's the plan, but I haven't spent much time working on details ... as a one man crew working 45-50 hours per week at my "other job" (ya know that one that pays) I haven't had much of a shot at getting the finer points right, let alone having my whole set in place before tweaking starts ... I am hoping I have some help cleaning up things like this, and I likely do

really wierd, I have Bonds set to 92 in my set as I see it ... that's what Hory has on his page as of now ... am I missing something here?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack,

Did you get the roster spreadsheet I sent you on the Blue Jays??

done and in ... will be included with my next update ... which should come out on Friday, maybe Saturday

what will be included ... fully completed teams:

Seattle

NYY

Brewers

Toronto

Boston

Giants

Cards

Cubs

(hopefully) Mets, Angels, and Twins

also, the full 25 man rosters will be included for each MLB team as I best expect they would have opened the season barring injuries (that aren't long term) ... my plan is guys with a long term injury will be barried in the minors and have some ratings reduced slightly ... guys with shorter injuries will be placed where they belong (i.e. Piniero is on the M's and will be the #5 starter) even if they start on the DL ... so please pay attention here ... the rosters won't be perfectly accurate, that isn't my goal ... if a guy is in the minors because of performance, expect him to be there ... also, the minor league system will be tweaked, so the exact AAA team might not be right, but mostly right ... the A squads will be a mess of players from the entire High A, Low A, Short A, and Rookie A teams (as well as guys who are in extended spring) making up one roster

my final goal is to have all real players by Tax Day and then start bugging out on stats and really tweaking gameplay a lot ... I will probably not release a slider set or datafile.txt until after Tax Day

what will be included ... fully completed teams:

Seattle

NYY

Brewers

Toronto

Boston

Giants

Cards

Cubs

(hopefully) Mets, Angels, and Twins

my final goal is to have all real players by Tax Day and then start bugging out on stats and really tweaking gameplay a lot ... I will probably not release a slider set or datafile.txt until after Tax Day

Jack....when you say "fully completed team"...what do you mean? Do you mean all players MLB, AAA, AA, & A will be real?

Thanks for your work. Based on a recommendation by rambully, I am looking to use your rosters for my dynasty.

Can't wait! Thanks.

Jack....when you say "fully completed team"...what do you mean? Do you mean all players MLB, AAA, AA, & A will be real?

Thanks for your work. Based on a recommendation by rambully, I am looking to use your rosters for my dynasty.

Can't wait! Thanks.

fully complete means that they are all real players in there and they will not likely get adjusted again until all teams are all real ... at that point I will take a second look at these teams and make sure I haven't had a big oversight of some kind

also, keep in mind, that my major adjustments to the MLB guys is still waiting just a bit for the prospects to get done

I really hate to ask this question, because I know you're all working hard on this roster, but any idea when you'll have all ML teams with all A, AA, AAA rosters with no fake names - all real life players? I'm waiting on this roster before I offficially start my dynasty because I want it as real as possible.

If you still need any help with the Brewers farm system, I have their system complete with real players. I don't have all their attributes perfect, and I may even have some player skin colors wrong, but it's all real names. Let me know if you need any assistance with the Brewers.

Thanks!

Sounds good Jack, I'm looking forward to it. I would offer you some help on the Red Sox but I see you have them done already so I guess you're all set with them. But I definitely plan on using your rosters and stuff when it's completed. :) Later!!!!

i love this roster...

high praise for a jumbled work in progress

Twins, Angels, Mets are all done now ... got a lot of work still ahead of me, but I am getting some quality assurance help and a lot of detali work I would neglect during my downtime from the set, so progress is being made readily

expect some sort of release on Friday, April 15 into the late evening hours ... I hope to have all the prospects in as well as all real players, but that might be a tough or impossible goal to meet with a 55 hour work schedule ahead of me (quarterly inventory) ... I'm making my best effort to have something ready for people to start thier seasons with though, it will get cleaned up and should be glitch free (no double players, filled rosters, filled lineups and rotations, accurate MLB teams at every level (to my own accuracy standards of the players who should be there if not for short term DL stints and such) ... let's hope my fingers work fast and the screen quits giving me headaches ... a release Friday is emminent

BaseballAmerica.com release Opening Day rosters for all levels. It shows you who on the majors, AAA,AA,A as of April 8, 2005. Looks like they will update it regularly.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/2005odr/index.html

for best daily transactions that happens in Baseball. Its update daily.

http://fantasybaseball.rotoworld.com/conte...s.asp?sport=MLB

Hey Jack....I seem to recall when you did the High Heat Rosters...you were in college, right? Wasnt it all just so much easier then? I remember you used to put out an update almost every week....sometimes minor updates sooner. How real life screws us, doesnt it? :)

Mike (who was also in college then, and now has to scrounge for time to play the rosters)

high praise for a jumbled work in progress

Twins, Angels, Mets are all done now ... got a lot of work still ahead of me, but I am getting some quality assurance help and a lot of detali work I would neglect during my downtime from the set, so progress is being made readily

expect some sort of release on Friday, April 15 into the late evening hours ... I hope to have all the prospects in as well as all real players, but that might be a tough or impossible goal to meet with a 55 hour work schedule ahead of me (quarterly inventory) ... I'm making my best effort to have something ready for people to start thier seasons with though, it will get cleaned up and should be glitch free (no double players, filled rosters, filled lineups and rotations, accurate MLB teams at every level (to my own accuracy standards of the players who should be there if not for short term DL stints and such) ... let's hope my fingers work fast and the screen quits giving me headaches ... a release Friday is emminent

i think it's the best roster i've seen to date. the time and dedication to the specific task and some legitimate protocol type IMO is admirable. i can't wait for the final version so all the real grunts down on the farm can sport my minor league uniform updates. from what i have now totally excellent!

alright guys ... we are pushing things out a lil now ... the Mets system is complete and I'm ready to have a go at a couple more teams today ... nobody has given me any other systems to work on so I will just take a random shot and go from there

real life does get in the way Mike ... especially real life around the end of a economic quarter, then we have to work extra hard and get inventory right as well ... that means I am scheduled for almost 60 hours and I usually pick up 5-10 hours of OT from my schedule anyway :?

If you need it, I can get you the Milwaukee and Minnesota systems. Please let me know if I can help with this.

both of those systems are complete

the following systems are done ... though touching up is inevitable:

Seattle

LA Angels

LA Dodgers (just finishing)

SF Giants

NY Yankees

NY Mets

Boston

Brewers

Cardinals

Cubs

Twins

my next targets once LA Dodgers are done are:

Braves

Rockies

Indians

I'm going to just go in order of strongest farm systems from here on out UNLESS someone gives me a good amount of info on one team or another ... so if you want to see your team in it sooner, let me get thier info!!!

Wish I could help with the Indians but I dont have acess to many of those good pay sites :(

oddly enough, neither do I ... my main resource is a nice little book I bought for $15 ... team websites ... and the baseball america minor league stats

the biggest help I need is narrowing the field and getting the right 25 or 22 guys on the minor league teams

Just take your time. When you're done, WOW. :p

BTW, is there any way you can insert Barry Bond's portrait and his cyberface into your rosters?

No, that is not possible. The roster file is not where the portraits & cyberfaces are. Those files are in the portrait.big & the models.big respectively. However there is a Barry Bonds in the roster & the portrait number is set to 92 & the cyberface number is set to 607 as per the uploaded pictures & cyberface on this website. (there are actually 2 cyberfaces uploaded on this site, but 607 is the better number to use, because it has been reported that the other number (29) interferes with the cyberface of Wilson Delgado who is number 30)

If you like the other cyberface better, you can always edit the other cyberface files from number 029 to # 607 & then use the bat file that came with the cyberface of barry bonds that is 607, since the cyberface numbered 029 has no .bat file anyway with it.

Archived