Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the EA rosters do that.25 mlb, aaa and 22 for aa and a. probably a software limit, which sucks

Not true. If you create a roster set with a 25 player roster for any team (MLB, AAA, AA or A) they will be there in the game.

I use MarkB's Yankee update and all four teams have 25 players in his *.met files. When I import them into a MVPedit *.mbe file...export the roster set and start the game...all 25 players are there and useable.

I am with you on that one. Unfortunatly EA has not coded the game that way.

I will say that I love the 2005 version. Yeah it has its short comings but to me it blows away 2004 and 2003. I gave up on those and I pretty much knew that I wouldn't finish a season with them before I really started. The lefty bug last year killed it for me. I mean I had 4 HRs with Matsui after 85 games. Posada had 12 from the right side and only 1 from the left in the same time frame.

Anyhow...I am really looking forward to getting started with my dynasty this year.

jackcasper49

howis your roster going to handle injuries.

i think any player that injure currently in the majors should not go to AAA roster if they going to end up in the majors when they get off the disabled list.

and has roster been tested, so the cpu teams dont promote playes to the majors and cut players from the majors?

thanks

jackcasper49

i think any player that injure currently in the majors should not go to AAA roster if they going to end up in the majors when they get off the disabled list.

and has roster been tested, so the cpu teams dont promote playes to the majors and cut players from the majors?

thanks

I believe he has any MLB player that will be on the DL for 60 days or more in AAA. All injured players on DL for less than 60 days are in their usual spots.

I don't think the big guys like Bonds are in AAA though.

crashing here also

crashes already in MVP Edit. Are the values edited as well? I know it is early in the season, but ROBERTS from ORIOLES, always had great contact and tremendously improved his power over the winter. He already has 7 HR this season, and I am sure he will hit at least 18 and that would be a major understatement. Right now his power is 52(!!!!), too low, with an 83 contact. it should be at least 66 power.

Jack....I am not complaining here....just asking a question because I am confused....

I thought all teams, including the minors, were going to have full 25 man rosters? I see MLB and AAA have 25 players but the AA and A teams have 22.

Could you please clarify? Thanks.

you can't put 25 on AA and A ... the game won't work that way

Jack, could you address the crash issue when you see it? We're dying to play your awesome rosters. :cry:

just got home from working my 12 hour day ....

wierd, I did only brief tests in an attempt to expediate the release of this set, but previous tests didn't reveal problems

I will let rglass4 take a look at it and see if he knows what the issue is ... until then feel free to keep using this to make .met files of teams

btw, Padres are spoken for by michaeljjt ... just so you know

jackcasper49

thanks

my feeling is guys who are the 60 day DL are deep in the minors ... just out for short time (i.e. already back now) are in the big leagues ... I kinda play it by ear to get the best mix for teams though

I haven't really focused on the MLB teams at this point ... my biggest concern is doing what most people are clamoring for, that being getting everyone in the game

trust me, I will spend countless hours refining the MLB side of things and make some serious adjustments (along with tweaking progression to my liking if I can ... or atleast tweaking the rookies a lot to reflect changes) ... contact goes down, power goes up, plate discipline goes down in general ... pitch movement will see wider gaps amongst players

all this is of course mute if the bug causing the crash can't be isolated and dealt with :oops:

you can't put 25 on AA and A ... the game won't work that way

I am not so sure you are correct on this one Jack....I use MarkB's Yankee update and all four teams have 25 players in his *.met files. When I import them into a MVPedit *.mbe file...export the roster set and start the game...all 25 players for the AA and A teams are there and appear to be useable.

just got home from working my 12 hour day ....

wierd, I did only brief tests in an attempt to expediate the release of this set, but previous tests didn't reveal problems

I will let rglass4 take a look at it and see if he knows what the issue is ... until then feel free to keep using this to make .met files of teams

btw, Padres are spoken for by michaeljjt ... just so you know

Basically, the bug happens when I try to play an Exhibition Game, whichi is bad, because that's the primary mode of play. LOL It happens with every team.

I can play Mini Games, but when using specific players, such as Adam LaRoche, the game crashes.

The biggest thing that this is a real bug is that it happens even when I use the rosters exactly how you released them.

Thanks for attending to this problem. :)

I am not so sure you are correct on this one Jack....I use MarkB's Yankee update and all four teams have 25 players in his *.met files. When I import them into a MVPedit *.mbe file...export the roster set and start the game...all 25 players for the AA and A teams are there and appear to be useable.

I've seen that work, I'm going off info I was told my rglass4 for this issue ... but I see now it might not be an issue ... regardless, I will stick to 22 for now and add to it as need arises for the extra spots

as far as the bug ... I'm going to let rglass4 have a look at my files and see if maybe he knows what happened ... I have gotten some feedback from others that the game is not crashing for them ... they claim cyberfaces are the issue, as in if you don't have a cyberface for the player numbered with that face then the game will crash ... so do you have an Adam LaRoche cyberface, number 106 installed???

I haven't been keyed in on this issue, since I am not personally changing the cyberface numbers, this could be the issue

another problem has been raised however, the duplicate free agents still exist in the game, despite the fact this was supposed to be fixed ... I'll forward this info to rglass4 as well and pick his brain

anyone working on .met files for thier teams???

edit: just so you guys know with my work I can't really put time into this again until Thursday evening after my next two shifts ... but PLEASE keep posting any info at all on if your game crashes or runs fine ... also, please feel free to create .met files

how do i get the files from MVP ediot to mvp 2005

sorry for the harsh words: THIS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED SO MANY TIMES, please people start doing searches.

-Open MVPedit

-Open file: "Real Baseball System 2005.mbe"

-Change what you feel should be changed then click EXPORT

-Navigate the EXPORT to MVPBaseball2005/data/database

-It'll ask you to overwrite, click "YES". If you're not asked to overwrite you

chose the wrong directory.

-Once Exported, SAVE it, start MVP, and you'll have Real Baseball System

2005 Rosters.

Jack - Thanks again for the roster work! :D

I've got a .met file for the Brewers for you. I want to test it and fix a few things up within the game tonight, and I'll send you the file tomorrow.

I did a lot of tweaking to the Milwaukee rosters. Just so you and anyone else who cares know what I did, here are the changes I made:

ML:

Moved P Justin Lehr from ML to AAA

Moved P Ben Hendrickson from ML to AAA

Released P Brooks Kieschnick

Imported P Tommy Phelps from another roster file and put on ML roster

Moved P Gary Glover from AAA to ML

Moved P Matt Wise from AAA to ML

Changed Damian Miller bone profile to Athletic big legs (he was way too fat by default)

Changed a couple of batting stances and a few other little tweaks

Corrected all numbers

AAA:

Corrected all numbers

Moved Lehr and Hendrickson from ML to AAA

Imported Rick Helling from another roster file and put on AAA roster

Moved P Chad Paronto from Springfield Cardinals to Milwaukee AAA

Moved LF Brad Nelson from AA to AAA

Moved CF Ryan Knox from AA to AAA

Released C Mark L Johnson

Dropped P Sam Narron, P John Novinsky

Moved LF Brandon Gemoll, RF Nelson Cruz, P Alec Zumwalt, P Jerome Gamble, P Dennis Sarfate, P Glenn Woolard to AA

Moved P Ryan Costello to A

Created P Clint Weibl, P Mike Meyers, P Kane Davis, P Julio Santana, C Julio Mosquera

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures

AA:

Corrected all numbers

Moved Nelson and Knox to AAA

Moved Cruz, Gemoll, Zumwalt, Sarfate, Woolard, Gamble from AAA

Moved P Nick Slack to A

Moved P Khalid Ballouli, OF Kenard Bibbs, P Mitch Stetter from A

Dropped 1b Kade Johnson, C Kelley Gulledge, P Ryan Miller, P Brandon Parillo, P Bo Hall, P Greg Bruso

Changed Vinny Rottino's 1st position to C and 2nd position to UTIL

Created P Josh Habel, P Matt DeWitt, C Jeff Winchester

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures and tweaked pitchers pitch types

A:

Corrected any numbers that I knew of for sure - not all of them (no numbers listed for WV Power roster yet)

Moved Slack from AA

Moved Costello from AAA

Dropped Joshua T. Brady, Kenny Durost, Ozzie Chavez

Created P Yovani Gallardo, P Josh Wahpepah, P Robbie Wooley, P Ben Diggins, 1b Grant Richardson, SS Alcides Escobar, 2b/IF Steve Sollman, CF Charlie Fermaint, RF Freddy Parejo

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures as well as adjusting pitcher pitches

All rosters have 25 players on them. I tried to pick the best prospects for the A ball club. A few are from Brevard County, a few from West Virginia, one from Helena, and one from the Arizona rookie league. I also set all the lineups and rotations based on box scores I've seen for all the teams early in the season. I might have missed some of the changes I made. Hopefully this helps get the roster done and accurate.

Thanks again for the roster!!! :D :!:

Is Rottino catching full-time, here are his splits from Last year at Beloit.

Catcher 5 games (.973 Fielding)

1B 12 Games (.977)

2B 5 (.963)

3B 14 (.895)

SS 1 (1.000)

OF 34 (1.000)

IMO I'd list him as a OF or LF and UTIL not CA...

Hope that helps.

EDIT: He is indeed Catching nearly nightly.

Archived